• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Thoughts from an old lady

October 9, 2023

Happy Saturday,

Heaven Is Real

Revelations 22

Jesus Testifies to the Churches

12 “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the [f]Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”

14 Blessed are those who [g]do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. 15 [h]But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

16 “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.”

17 And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.

People have many different views of Heaven. Some believe Heaven does not exist. Some people believe all good people go to Heaven. The Bible makes it clear that none of us are good enough for Heaven. It is only those who have been washed in the blood of Jesus that will enter Heaven.

We must lay aside our pride and surrender ourselves to God. There is no sin that is worth missing Heaven, for. There is no sin worth going to hell for. Let us lay aside our stubborn will and be willing to live for the God who made us. Seek forgiveness from God and live in His righteousness.

Romans 3:23

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Romans 10:9-10

King James Version

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Ephesians 1:7

In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace

Come to Jesus and be saved. Pray for Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha

Betty

December 10, 2023

Blessed Sunday,

Soon We Will Be With The Lord

1 Thessalonians 4:17

17 Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.

Soon we will lay aside these bodies of clay and put on our immortal bodies. We will see Jesus face to face. We will be able to thank Him for our marvelous gift of salvation.

The Rapture is not a pipe dream. It is our hope for an eternity with our Heavenly Father. We can not even imagine the glories and the beauties that await us.

For now, we worship who we have not seen, but one day we will worship at the feet of the One who made the ultimate sacrifice to give to us the gift of salvation.

Pray for Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

1 Angel voices breathing ever,

Songs of praise to God on high,

Thro’ the gates of light and glory,

Call us now from yonder sky.

Refrain:

Come and worship, come and worship,

Worship Christ our Lord and king;

Come and worship, come and worship,

Worship Christ our Lord and king.

2 O’er the lovely realm of nature

By her sparkling fountains clear,

Thro’ the forest and the valley,

Still the earnest call we hear. [Refrain]

3 When the morning in its beauty

Wakes the earth from sleep profound,

In the music of the song bird

We can hear the grateful sound. [Refrain]

4 In the whisper of the twilight,

When the zephyrs murmur low,

In the sighing of the leaflet,

We can hear where’er we go. [Refrain]

5 Come and worship our creator,

Him whose mercy we adore;

Come and worship our Redeemer,

Sing and praise forevermore. [Refrain]

Source: The Cyber Hymnal #8053

December 12, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

HOPE

This season, of Christmas, renews hope in the hearts of many. Sadly, many have abandoned their faith in Jesus, and even some Churches have gone astray.

I saw a picture of a Christmas tree in a ‘Church’ that had pictures of drag queens on their tree. Celebrating sin, right in the Church. God forbid that true children of God would attend such a Church.

Jesus died to save sinners from sin. He did not die so that Churches could embrace sin. True redemption is seeking forgiveness for our sins and then turning away from sin.

There is hope of Heaven for those who lay aside their sinful ways and live for Jesus. There is no sin that is worth spending eternity in hell.

Maranatha,

Betty

Ephesians 5:9

New King James Version

9 (for the fruit of the [a]Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth),

Proverbs 4:11

I have directed you in the way of wisdom;

I have led you in upright paths

Proverbs 2:20

So you will walk in the way of good men

And keep to the paths of the righteous.

Psalm 16:11

You will make known to me the path of life;

In Your presence is fullness of joy;

In Your right hand there are pleasures forever.

Acts 2:28

‘You have made known to me the ways of life;

You will make me full of gladness with Your presence.’

Psalm 25:4

Make me know Your ways, O Lord;

Teach me Your paths.

Psalm 119:35

Make me walk in the path of Your commandments,

For I delight I it.

December 13, 2023

Happy Wednesday,

Satan’s Lies

For thousands of years, Satan has convinced mankind of ideas that he knows are false. He has convinced people that there is no God when not only was he created by God, but he lived for a time in Heaven. He has convinced mankind there is no penalty for sin, yet he lost his position in Heaven and was sent to Earth because of his sin. He has convinced people there is no Heaven and yet he lived in Heaven until he sinned against God.

These are the reasons God said that Satan is the father of lies. He lies to mankind because he hates mankind. Satan lost his ability to be forgiven because he knew the truth without a doubt yet chose to attack God with 1/3 of the angels. He hates mankind because Jesus died for us. We must have faith to be saved. Satan knew the truth without faith and rejected the truth.

We must guard our hearts and minds against the lies of Satan. His goal is to steal souls from God. We must pray for the Holy Spirit to protect us from Satan’s lies and miss-truths. Satan often uses a little truth mixed up with lies to lead people into sin. He did that with Adam and Eve and he still does it.

Philippians 4:6-7

New King James Version

6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Maranatha,

Betty

December 15, 2023

Happy Friday,

Fix Our Eyes On Jesus

Orpah kissed her mother-in-law, but Ruth clung to her.

Namoi warned her daughter-in-law that their future was not bright if they stayed with her. Both daughters-in-laws loved Naomi, but only Ruth made the sacrifice to go with her.

To follow Christ in obedience is to be willing to surrender ourselves to God and His will. To be willing to accept His will over our own will. To walk with God, even when the path He has chosen for us, is not the path that we would have chosen.

There is victory ahead when we fix our eyes on Jesus. Faith is trusting God, even when we do not understand God’s reasoning. One day we will be with God and He will make His reasoning clear to us. Until that day we must trust in Him and cling to Him, just as Ruth clung to Naomi.

Maranatha,

Betty

December 18, 2023

Happy Monday,

God’s Sheep Know His Voice

I was dreaming this morning. In the dream, I am sitting at the table with a couple of ladies and a man walks in. He tells us that someone told him years ago that when you smell that smell to get out of the kitchen. We ran out of the house and there was an explosion.

When I woke up I realized though I did not see the man, but I knew him by his voice. It was the character Doctor Winchester from the TV show Mash. It came to me that even though I have never heard the audible voice of God, He has been speaking in my heart since the age of 7, when I got saved.

When Jesus calls me home though it be the rapture or death. I will know His voice for He has been speaking to me since I was seven years old.

John 10:27-28

King James Version

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Maranatha,

Betty

December 20, 2023

Happy Wednesday,

He Sought Me

“Promise #354:

I will seek after those who worship Me in spirit and truth.

John 4:23 (WEB)

But the hour comes, and now is, when the true worshippers

will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father seeks such to be his worshippers.”

Whatever age we got saved, it is because we were called by the Holy Spirit. All are called by God but sadly, the majority reject the call. The greatest call a person will ever reason and yet rejected by so many.

Judgment Day for sinners will because they chose sin over salvation. A choice that will have eternal consequences. They will spend eternity regretting those times the Holy Spirit called to them, but they refused the call.

Many talented people have chosen to be God’s servants over the world’s success. Their eternal reward in Heaven will be worth their sacrifice. They will have no regrets.

Pray for Israel. Pray for the salvation of sinners.

Maranatha,

Betty

December 21, 2023

Happy Thursday,

Revelations

1 Corinthians 2:12

New English Translation

12 Now we have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things that are freely given to us by God.

God has revealed Himself to the world. Those who accept Jesus as their Savior and read His Holy Word, He reveals Himself to them. I have been a Christian since I was a child. I grew up reading the Bible. Even now at 71, God still reveals new things to me when I read His Holy Word.

The more we read the Bible, the more we learn of God. The more we learn of God the more we understand God. God’s Holy Word is a special gift to the world. Sadly, so many have rejected God’s Holy Word. Far too many who grew up in Church, have abandoned the truth of God.

People have replaced God with what they consider superior thinking. They feel that they are somehow above needing a God in their lives. Sadly, they will spend an eternity in hell, regretting that decision.

Those of us who love God, let us rejoice in knowing that the creator of all things died for us. He loved us so much that He sent His Son to live among us and to die a horrible death to provide redemption to those who would only accept His precious gift of salvation.

Maranatha,

Betty

Psalm 19:14

New King James Version

14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O Lord, my [a]strength and my Redeemer.

December 23, 2023

Happy Friday,

The Perfect Gift

People run around this time of year looking for that perfect gift for each person on their list. It is great to celebrate Christmas with our loved ones. We make many great memories to cherish.

The greatest gift ever given to mankind is salvation through Jesus. His gift is sadly ignored by millions.

“For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life” - John 3:16

I remember a television ad that said “The gift that keeps on giving”. Jesus is truly is the gift that keeps on giving. He saves our souls, He walks with us, He protects us, and one day He will welcome us into Heaven.

“As James 1:17 describes, God is the perfect giver. “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.”

This Christmas may we remember the reason for our celebration. May we glorify our Heavenly Father in song and prayer.

Maranatha,

Betty

Lyrics to It Came Upon A Midnight Clear.

It came upon a midnight clear,
That glorious song of old,
From angels bending near the earth,
To touch their harps of gold:
“Peace on the earth, goodwill to men,
From heaven’s all-gracious King.”
The world in solemn stillness lay,
To hear the angels sing.

Still through the cloven skies they come,
With peaceful wings unfurled,
And still their heavenly music floats
O’er all the weary world;
Above its sad and lowly plains,
They bend on hovering wing,
And ever o’er its Babel sounds
The blessèd angels sing.

Yet with the woes of sin and strife
The world has suffered long;
Beneath the angel-strain have rolled
Two thousand years of wrong;
And man, at war with man, hears not
The love-song which they bring;
O hush the noise, ye men of strife,
And hear the angels sing.

And ye, beneath life’s crushing load,
Whose forms are bending low,
Who toil along the climbing way
With painful steps and slow,
Look now! for glad and golden hours
come swiftly on the wing.
O rest beside the weary road,
And hear the angels sing!

For lo!, the days are hastening on,
By prophet bards foretold,
When with the ever-circling years
Comes round the age of gold
When peace shall over all the earth
Its ancient splendors fling,
And the whole world give back the song
Which now the angels sing.

December 23, 2023

Happy Saturday,

The Birth Announcement

Jesus’ birth was announced to shepherds and not to Kings and Queens. Jesus sought out the poor, needy, and sick.

Luke 2:8-20

New King James Version

Glory in the Highest

8 Now there were in the same country shepherds living out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night. 9 And [a]behold, an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were greatly afraid. 10 Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. 11 For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. 12 And this will be the sign to you: You will find a Babe wrapped in swaddling cloths, lying in a manger.”

13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying:

“Glory to God in the highest,
And on earth peace, goodwill[c] toward men!”

Jesus did not come to this earth to seek attention from the rich and powerful. He came to provide salvation to lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

The First Noel lyrics

The first Noel the angel did say
Was to certain poor shepherds in fields as they lay.
In fields where they lay a keeping their sheep
On a cold winter's night that was so deep.
Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel,
Born is the King of Israel.

They looked up and saw a star
Shining in the east beyond them far,
And to the earth it gave great light,
And so it continued both day and night.
Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel,

And by the light of that same star
Three wise men came from the country far;
To seek for a king was their intent,
And to follow the star wherever it went.
Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel,

This star drew nigh to the north-west,
O'er Bethlehem it took it's rest,
And there it did both stop and stay,
Right over the place where Jesus lay.
Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel,

Then entered in those wise men three,
Fell rev’rently upon their knee,
And offered there in His presence
Their gold and myrrh and frankincense.
Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel,
Born is the kind of Israel.

Then let us all with one accord
Sing praises to our heavenly Lord,
That hath made heaven and earth of naught,
And with his blood mankind hath bought.
Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel,
Born is the King of Israel

December 24, 2023

Happy Christmas Eve

The Best Christmas Gift

The best Christmas gift you can only give to yourself. The best Christmas gift is salvation. You cannot give salvation to anyone else. You can share the Gospel but you cannot force salvation on anyone.

Every individual has to choose to be saved for themselves. Each person chooses where they will spend their eternity by their personal choice to accept God’s gift of salvation or to resist God’s gift, the choice is theirs.

God chose to send His only Son to die for our redemption from sin. Each of us must make the choice to accept salvation or refuse the gift. There is no middle ground.

Maranatha,

Betty

Lyrics to O Holy Night.

O holy night! The stars are brightly shining,
It is the night of our dear Saviour’s birth.
Long lay the world in sin and error pining,
‘Til He appear’d and the soul felt its worth.
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices,
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.

Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
O night divine, O night when Christ was born;
O night divine, O night, O night Divine.

Led by the light of Faith serenely beaming,
With glowing hearts by His cradle we stand.
So led by light of a star sweetly gleaming,
Here come the wise men from Orient land.
The King of Kings lay thus in lowly manger;
In all our trials born to be our friend.

He knows our need, to our weakness is no stranger,
Behold your King! Before Him lowly bend!
Behold your King, Before Him lowly bend!

Truly He taught us to love one another;
His law is love and His gospel is peace.
Chains shall He break for the slave is our brother;
And in His name all oppression shall cease.
Sweet hymns of joy in grateful chorus raise we,
Let all within us praise His holy name.

Christ is the Lord! O praise His Name forever,
His power and glory evermore proclaim.
His power and glory evermore proclaim.

December 25, 2023

Merry Christmas

Luke 2:1-20

The Birth of Jesus

2 In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world. 2 (This was the first census that took place while[a] Quirinius was governor of Syria.) 3 And everyone went to their own town to register.

4 So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. 5 He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. 6 While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, 7 and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them.

8 And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”

13 Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,

“Glory to God in the highest heaven,
and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”

15 When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let’s go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about.”

16 So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. 17 When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, 18 and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them. 19 But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. 20 The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told.

December 27, 2023

Happy Wednesday,

Choose To Walk In The Light

“I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” - John 8:12 NIV

We can choose to walk in the light of God. We can choose to follow God and walk-in His path. Sadly we often, get side-stepped into paths that lead us astray. We often choose our will over God’s will.

Walking in God’s will often requires sacrifice. Giving up our will for God’s will is not always easy. Yet we will always find God’s will is the best. God did not call us to an easy life but to a holy life.

Some day we will walk with God on streets of Gold, where there is no saddneess of pain. Until then let us seek God’s will, in all that we do.

Revelation 21:21

The twelve gates were twelve pearls: each individual gate was of one pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.

Maranatha,

Betty

Revelation 22:20

I Am Coming Quickly

He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

December 28, 2023

Happy Thursday,

Thinking Outloud

Sometimes when I cannot sleep, I lie in bed and think about past decisions that I have made. I wonder how my life would have been if I had made different choices.

I often think it would be nice if God had shown us the different choices we had and what the results would be in advance. This would allow us to make wiser choices.

This is not how God made us. He wanted us to choose for ourselves. God loves so much that when we make unwise choices, if we seek His help He will guide us and be with us.

We can seek God’s will and guidance before we make a choice before we make a decision, but ultimately we have to decide. Whatever path we choose if we trust God, He will never abandon us.

Hebrews 9:27

King James Version

27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

If we choose to reject salvation through Christ, we cannot change that decision after death. We must choose salvation before we die.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

December 29, 2023

Happy Friday,

Live In The Present

If you are like me, you spend many hours thinking about the past mistakes you have made. Wondering if you how you could have done things differently. Mentally punishing yourself for past mistakes.

If that is not enough stress, we can spend hours worrying about what could happen in the future. We cannot change the past and we have little control over the future.

We must focus on the present. We only control the actions of today. If we focus on pleasing God, we are so much better off. Living for God is gathering rewards in Heaven. God help us to seek His will today.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

December 30, 2023

Happy Saturday,

“Promise #364:

I will guide you to the very end, for I will be your God.

Psalm 48:14 (WEB)

For this God is our God forever and ever.

He will be our guide even to death.”

We do not know what tomorrow will bring. Yet, we know who will be with us today and tomorrow. Our Heavenly Father will walk with us and never abandon us.

There are things we go through that only God knows about. There are trials that we can only share with God. Yet, who better to share our trials with than our Creator?

We can find peace in the storms of life, when we seek comfort and protection in the arms of God. We may have times of depression. There are times that we struggle just to survive but STILL, God is with us. Never forget that!

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

January 1, 2024

Happy Monday,

Happy New Year

Last night we closed the book on 2023. Today we open the book to a new year. 2023 in many ways was a hard year. The economy was awful. So many families were affected by crime and hardships.

We have no idea what this year holds. We can still be at peace, because God knows the future and will be with us every step we take. He will guide us, if we listen to the Holy Spirit. We can look forward to the future knowing whatever happens we can put our complete trust in our Heavenly Father.

Pray for Israel. Pray for the hostages to be released. Pray for lost souls to find salvation in Christ.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

January 2, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

Give In, Then Move On

Christmas was hard. We were both sick and depressed. Christmas is still hard without our son and being sick made it worse. Our daughter was out of state with her daughter. We did not want to make anyone else sick so we were by ourselves. There will be times in life when we fall into depression.

It is not a sin to be depressed. The important thing is not to stay there. Allow yourself to grieve and then move on. Grieving is not something you move on completely. There will be times when grief hits you out of nowhere.

Seek comfort from God, remember past memories, and allow yourself to mourn. The closer we get to God, the more we can find peace even in bad times.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

New King James Version

The Comfort of Christ’s Coming

13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen [a]asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are [c]asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

As Christians, we know we will see our saved loved ones again. We do mourn their loss and miss them so much but we we do have hope for a glorious reunion in Heaven someday.

Pray for the people of Israel. Pray for salvation for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

January 3, 2023

Happy Wednesday,

New Beginnings

We often begin a new year by making New Year Resolutions. Let us begin this year, by seeking to know God more. We know God more, by reading His Holy Word and prayer.

We have to make an effort to know God better. We have to make an effort to live a holy life. With the help of God, we can grow in grace and holiness this year.

Pray for the people of Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

January 4, 2023

Happy Thursday,

Live By Faith

“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, ‘The just shall live by faith.’”
Romans 1:16-17

It is sad, when Christians are ashamed of God’s Word. When they are embarrassed when Scriptures about sin are read. A sinner must confess their sins to God to be saved.

You must know that you are in need of a Savior in order to admit that you are a sinner. When we become more concerned about hurting people than speaking the truth, we are in spiritual danger.

Do not hide from the truth of the Gospel. Speak the truth in love. A person must lay aside their pride and admit they are a sinner in order to be saved. Salvation is too important for us to be more concerned about being politically correct than speaking the truth.

Romans 3:23

New King James Version

23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

We are born into this world sinners, but Jesus offers us redemption if we are willing admit that we are sinners and accept Him as God of our lives.

Pray for the people of Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

Back