• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Thoughts from an old lady

November 11, 2023

Happy Saturday,

Hope

“For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.” - Romans 15:4

In today’s world, hope is often in limited supply. Just watching the daily news can drain us personally of hope. We need to place our hope in God and not mankind.

There is no man that can fix this world. The world rejected Christ the only one that can bring true peace. Because of this choice, the world will accept the Antichrist who will bring an illusion of peace.

His peace will come at the cost of a person’s soul. Millions will accept his terms and will bow their knees to him. Not realizing they are worshipping the devil.

How sad it is that people will worship the one who will bring a season of peace that will bring with it an eternity in hell! We can have hope even now in Jesus, knowing that the troubles of this world cannot compare to the glories of an eternity in Heaven. Where there is no evil nor sin.

My friend come to Jesus and accept salvation before it is too late. Seek forgiveness for your sins and worship the only true God, Jesus.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

John 16:33

New King James Version

33 “These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you [a]will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

October 12, 2023

Blessed Sunday,

Fear Not

Isaiah 41:10

Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

I woke up suddenly from a dream this morning, because I cursed in my dream. I am not one who uses cuss words. This dream scared me. I immediately begged God for forgiveness.

The thing is we have no control over our dreams. I believe this was an attack from Satan to fill my heart with fear. When I awoke Satan began to fill my mind with doubts that I would go to Heaven.

Thankfully, the Holy Spirit calmed me and reminded me that my salvation is secure in Jesus. The devil is the one who spreads fear not our Heavenly Father. God brings comfort and peace to His children. We need not fear the lies of Satan, but instead trust in the promises of our God.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

November 14, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

"The days are coming," declares the Lord, "when I will fulfill the good promise I made to the people of Israel and Judah." Jeremiah 33:14, NI

One day God will bring a New Jerusalem down where will people can worship.

Revelation 21

All Things Made New

Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. ...

This New Jerusalem will never be touched by sin. This city will be glorious beyond our imagination. All troubles that have plagued us throughout our lifetime will be beyond our memories.

Until that day we look forward with great anticipation. We trust God to help us perform in a way that is pleasing to our Heavenly Father. As children of God, our desire should be to please God.

We live in uncertain times. We may feel afraid at times, but we can always be assured our Heavenly Father is with us. Do not give. Stand firm in your faith.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

November 15, 2023

Happy Wednesday,

“Stand Fast”

2 Thessalonians 2:13-17

New King James Version

Stand Fast

13 But we are [a]bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth, 14 to which He called you by our gospel, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast and hold the traditions which you were taught, whether by word or our [c]epistle.

16 Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, 17 comfort your hearts and [d]establish you in every good word and work.

It is more important than ever to stand fast in our faith. The devil is seeking to weaken the faith of Christians. Sadly, many Christians have left the truth of the Gospel for a Gospel that fits in with the world’s standards. Christians have become more concerned about pleasing the world.

It is heartbreaking when leaders in the Church have left the truth of the Gospel and are leading others with them. Some accepting sin as acceptable to God which is a lie from the devil.

We must guard our hearts and use the Bible as our guide. We may find that we have those we we love and care for abandoned us. We must remind ourselves that pleasing God should be our most important goal.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

November 16, 2023

Happy 16, 2023

Faith is Believing in What We Cannot See

To have faith is to be sure of the things we hope for, and to be certain of the things we cannot see. Hebrews 11:1, TEV

Someone I love is losing their faith in God because God has chosen not to heal him. In fairness, this person has lost a lot over the years, but faith in God is trusting in Him when His answer to our prayer is no.

I believe the closer we get to the rapture the more the devil is going to sew doubts into believers. We must keep our faith strong in the Lord. Whatever we have lost on this earth, will not compare to the glories of Heaven.

We must stay focused on our future in Heaven. This person has also stopped believing that Jesus is coming soon. Yet even if we had 20 more years of suffering it would still be worth it all, when we see Jesus.

As Christians, let us pray for those whose faith is waning. Often our words mean nothing to those who are close to us. Our prayers are never wasted.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

November 18, 2023

Happy Saturday,

Preferring Evil Over Good

Isaiah 5:20 ESV

Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.

The November election has passed and many Democrats won. It is not that they won that is upsetting but the reason why. The news outlets pointed out that they won because the majority of people want the freedom to have an abortion.

We can try to deny that abortion is murder, but when a pregnant woman has an abortion, the baby’s heartbeat ceases. Everyone says that it is my body, my choice. What about the baby’s choice to exist?

I felt no anger about the results of the election, only sadness. Sadness that our Country has fallen so low. Sadness that an unborn baby can be considered an inconvenience.

2 Timothy 3:1-7

New King James Version

Perilous Times and Perilous Men

3 But know this, that in the last days [a]perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! 6 For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, 7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

We cannot change a world that is running as fast as it can into sin. We can pray for individuals to come to know Jesus and be saved. We can share the truth of the Gospel. Fear not but put your trust completely in God and worship Him in Spirit and truth.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

November 20, 2023

Happy Monday,

Redemption

You have taken up my cause, O Lord; you have redeemed my life.

The devil likes to remind us of every mistake we have made in our lifetime. He wants us to feel worthless. Yet, when we are saved through the blood of Jesus Christ we are redeemed by the precious blood of Jesus our Savior and Lord.

Our past is not a badge of honor but a showcase of the redemptive power of God. Our testimony should be that we found salvation through the sacrifice of Christ’s death and resurrection. If there be any honor, let it be on Jesus, who made the great sacrifice to save us from an eternity in hell.

God forbid, that we should ever be ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus, without there would be no salvation nor redemption of souls. Let us stand firm in our faith even in these days when many have rejected the truth of the Gospel and have chosen a different gospel that will not save anyone from hell.

Mark 8:38

New International Version

38 If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his Father’s glory with the holy angels.”

John 1:1-5

New King James Version

The Eternal Word

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not [a]comprehend it.

Pray for lost souls. Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

November 22, 2023

Happy Wednesday,

Be Patient in Waiting

Daily Prayer for November 22
CHRISTOPH FRIEDRICH BLUMHARDT
“Be patient, then, my brothers, until the Lord comes. See how patient a farmer is as he waits for his land to produce precious crops. He waits patiently for the autumn and spring rains. James 5:7, TEV
Lord Jesus, hear our prayer and reveal your hand in our days. May those things be done that bring your future nearer and that let the world see you as the Savior who can lead us to our Father. Bless your Word within us. May our hearts be strengthened, and may we always live in your presence. We draw our life from your Word, from your promise, and we set our hope on you, our Lord and Savior. Show your might, Lord Jesus, and carry out the will of God over all the world, so that we may rejoice when we see God's glory appear and his will being done on earth as in heaven. Amen.”

Between having a loved one who is losing hope that Jesus is coming back in his lifetime and listening to a ‘preacher’ saying the rapture is not happening now because Christians are not sending enough money to the telethon, it is obvious many are becoming impatient that the rapture has not already happened.

Contrary to what many believe God has a plan for when the rapture is going to happen. While we pray for the soon return of Jesus, we cannot force His hand. Our job is to trust God and believe in the rapture.

God’s plan is always best. When we trust God, we will realize that. The more we trust God, the more at peace we will be. God is sending Jesus back for us soon. We can trust in that. Let us keep our faith in God and trust His timing.

Pray for Israel

Maranatha,

Betty

November 23, 2023

Happy Thursday,

Happy Thanksgiving

We are celebrating Thanksgiving, tomorrow so today is a lonely day for us and yet it is also a day of reflection. It still will be hard for us not to have our son with us and of course even more so for his wife and child.

There are many today who have missing children and or mates from their tables. So many unanswered questions of why, floating through our minds.

Let us be honest, being told God knows best does not take away the pain. Yet, we know God does know best.

We know there is coming a day when we will be sitting at the Marriage Table of the Lamb. There will be no tears and no pain. Until then we can take courage that God has not abandoned us. We can walk without fear, knowing the end is the best.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

Revelation 19:6-9

English Standard Version

The Marriage Supper of the Lamb

6 Then I heard what seemed to be the voice of a great multitude, like the roar of many waters and like the sound of mighty peals of thunder, crying out,

“Hallelujah!
For the Lord our God
the Almighty reigns.

7 Let us rejoice and exult
and give him the glory,
for the marriage of the Lamb has come,
and his Bride has made herself ready;

8 it was granted her to clothe herself
with fine linen, bright and pure”—

for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints.

9 And the angel said[a] to me, “Write this:

Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, “These are the true words of God.”

November 25, 2023

Happy Saturday,

Faith

Faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

We cannot see the gates of Heaven. We cannot see our loved ones who have passed on. Yet, by faith, we believe in the promises of God, though unseen.

It is faith that helps us to step out in a new direction, make a move across the Country, or take that new job. It is faith that gets us through when death touches our families.

Faith gives us hope. Faith allows us to trust God when we do not understand why things happen. The more we trust God, the stronger our faith grows. Let us, not give up so close to victory.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

November 26, 2023
Blessed Sunday,

Give Thanks

“Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” (1 Thessalonians 5:16–17)

Sometimes it is hard to give thanks to God. When we do, we open our hearts to be filled with the peace of God. God never promised a perfect life. He has only promised to never abandon us.

A thankful heart will find joy in the little blessings from God. When we are thankful we will be able to see that we are truly blessed by God.
Pray for Israel.
Maranatha,
Betty

November 27, 2023

Happy Monday,

Rest

Matthew 11:28

New King James Version

28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

We can be physically, or emotionally, or spiritually tired. There are times when we are all three. Jesus tells us to go to Him for rest. There are things we go through that only God knows. There are times when we are so overwhelmed that only God’s love for us keeps us going.

The devil tempts us to lose our faith in God and to give up. God calls us to His side, so that He can shine His love upon us. Keep on trusting God even when it feels like we are losing the race. Surely, my friends, there is victory ahead.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

November 28, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

Be Mindful of the Times

“Daily Prayer for November 28
CHRISTOPH FRIEDRICH BLUMHARDT
Watch, then, because you do not know when the master of the house is coming – it might be in the evening or at midnight or before dawn or at sunrise. If he comes suddenly, he must not find you asleep. What I say to you, then, I say to all: Watch! Mark 13:35–37, TEV
Lord Jesus, our Savior, we look upward to heaven, for you will come from heaven in the glory of the Father. May we remain true to our calling, watching and praying every day and every hour, waiting for you, who will bring into order everything on earth. Bless us and bless our land. Grant us the joy to see you working through your servants toward the salvation of the peoples. Be with us and bless us. May your living Word work in our hearts so that every Sunday, every festival, and every day from now on may be a day of joy. Protect us. Bless us. May your name be praised in our hearts! Amen.”

We should be mindful of the days that we live in. Seeking more than ever to please our Heavenly Father. Seeking not to please man over God. Worshipping God with our whole hearts and minds. Reminding ourselves that our redemption is coming soon. Trusting in God in good and bad times.

Rejoicing in the goodness of God.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

Philippians 4:4-9

New King James Version

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!

5 Let your [a]gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.

6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Meditate on These Things

8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things arelovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. 9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.

November 30, 2023

Happy Thursday,

What Would Jesus Think?

Years ago it was popular to wear bracelets with WWJD on them. I think we should be more concerned about what would Jesus thinks about what we say and do.

I used to put a lot of stock in what people thought of me. I often spent hours after a gathering going over in my head about what I had said. Then I gave up being a people-pleaser and thought I would just do my best and not worry.

Now I am beginning to think we are better off if we become Jesus-pleasers. Seeking to say and do what would please Jesus. We should do our best to honor God in all that we say and do. God’s opinion of our lives should be the most important thing in our lives. May we honor God in all that we do and say!

Pray for Israel!

Maranatha,

Betty

Colossians 1:10

so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;

1 John 3:22 - And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

Romans 12:2 - And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Romans 12:1-2 - I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Psalms 19:14 - Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Mark 12:33 - And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.

December 3, 2023

Happy Monday,

We Are Made By God

“Promise #338:

You are fearfully and wonderfully made.

Psalm 139:14 (WEB)

I will give thanks to you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

Your works are wonderful. My soul knows that very well.”

Saturday we had our family’s Christmas party because my daughter will be visiting her daughter out of state. I had a very nice time at the party, but I missed by deceased son very much.

I have to remind myself that God made me and my son. My son is with God. One day I will join my son in Heaven. For now my job is to please God with my life here on earth. Losing a child can make a person want to give up. Yet I am blessed to still have my daughter and my son’s wife.

This month let us be thankful to the sacrifice God made to purchase our salvation and to trust God even when we do it understand His ways.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

December 5, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

God Fulfilled His Promise

“Prophecy - “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace” (Isaiah 9:6).

“The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners” (Isaiah 61:1).

Fulfillment – Christ Himself fulfilled these scriptures.

"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free” (Luke 4:18).”

God fulfilled His promise to send a Savior in to the world. Surely, we can believe His promise to return for us and take us to Heaven. We need not fear that we will never see our Christian loved ones again.

God’s promises our sure and true. For now our loved ones who are deceased are for from us, but those who had trusted God for salvation, we can know with certainty that they are with our Heavenly Father.

We know that they are experiencing the glories of Heaven and are at peace and their hearts are filled with a Heavenly joy that is beyond our ability to understand. Yet, our hope is as certain and true as we put our complete trust in God and His promises.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

December 6, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

The Lord is Our Shepherd

“Promise #340:

As a shepherd carries a lamb, I have carried you close to My heart.

Isaiah 40:11 (WEB)

He will feed his flock like a shepherd.

He will gather the lambs in his arm, and carry them in his bosom.

He will gently lead those who have their young.”

We do not always realize that God is with us. Often we are in too much stress to feel His presence. Our lack of knowledge of our situation does not diminish the presence of God in our lives.

It is faith in God, that allows us to glimpse His presence in times of grief and great storms that seek to overcome us. We cannot always rejoice in our circumstances but we are called to trust God in all circumstances.

Seek the face of God and call out to Him, even when we are in the midst of overwhelming storms. God will make Himself known to us when we do. We may not understand God’s will, but we can trust Him in all things.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

December 7, 2023

Happy Thursday

What does the Bible say about Without Repentance There Is No Remission?

Without Repentance There Is No Remission Of Sins

Acts 2:38 ESV

And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 3:19 ESV

Repent therefore, and turn back, that your sins may be blotted out,

Acts 17:30 ESV

The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent,

Luke 24:47 ESV

And that repentance for the forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem.

Luke 13:3 ESV

No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.

2 Corinthians 7:10

New International Version

10 Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.

There is no salvation, without repentance. We must lay aside our pride. We must admit our sins and repent to God. Even as children of God, there are times that we need to repent when we sin. Repentance heals our relationship with God. Let us not be so prideful that we refuse to repent, when we sin.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

December 8, 2023

Happy Friday,

Giving God Pleasure

Psalm 147:11

New King James Version

11 The Lord takes pleasure in those who fear Him,
In those who hope in His mercy.

How marvelous it is to know we are giving pleasure to our Heavenly Father. God gives everything to us including the breath we breathe. We have infirmities and our daily struggles, yet we know God is always with us.

We are not always as grateful to God as we should be. This is something we need to work on. Let us offer up praises to God daily and seek to do His will.

Pray for America. Pray for Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

Back