• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Thoughts from an old lady

September 11, 2023

Happy Monday,

“Departed From The Truth”

Among them are Hymenaeus and Philetus, who have departed from the truth.
2 Timothy 2:17-18

Hymenaneus and Philetus departed from the truth. They chose to forsake the truth. They did not forget the truth. They knew the truth but decided to forsake the truth.

Even today, sadly, Preachers, Teachers, and Laymen, and women are forsaking the truth. Some for political, financial, or popularity gain. There is nothing we can gain in this world that is worth walking away from the truth of the Gospel.

It is dangerous for our souls to forsake the truth. Yet, it is even more dangerous to lead people away from the truth. There will be consequences for forsaking the truth of the Gospel and even more severe ones for leading others away from the truth of the Gospel.

These are the days that we must stand for the truth of the Gospel, even when it is not popular. It is sinful to depart from the truth of the Gospel. We need to pray that we are not led astray by smooth-talking Preachers and Teachers. The Bible must be our source for the truth.

Maranatha,

Betty

September 12, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

“Trampled On The Son Of God”

“Just think how much worse the punishment will be for those who have trampled on the Son of God, and have treated the blood of the covenant, which made us holy, as if it were common and unholy, and have insulted and disdained the Holy Spirit who brings God’s mercy to us. (Hebrews 10:29 NLT)”

We have seen and heard celebrities who have made fun of God and rejected God publically. They think it is funny to joke about God. Yet, the day will come when their laughter will be over and they will only know despair for eternity.

As Christians, all we can do is pray for these people. Pray that their eyes will be open to the truth before it is too late. Only God knows if they have passed the point of no return, so it is acceptable to pray for them, until God leads you to cease to pray for them.

“In the Old Testament book of Daniel, we read that King Belshazzar had all the holy vessels brought out that the Jewish people used in the worship of God. Then he filled them with wine and toasted the gods of silver and gold. He was openly mocking God and going out of his way to ridicule Him.

And that was his last night on earth. He was weighed in God’s balances, and God’s judgment fell upon him.”

People today can reach a point where God washes His hands of them and then their chance of salvation is gone. Even as Christians, we must be careful that we always treat God with honor and respect.

Hebrews 10:31

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Maranatha,

Betty

September 13, 2023

Happy Wednesday,

God Will Guide Us

“Promise #256:

I will be the voice behind you, guiding you in the way you should go.

Isaiah 30:21 (WEB)

and when you turn to the right hand,

and when you turn to the left,

your ears will hear a voice behind you,

saying, “This is the way. Walk in it.”

We need not fear tomorrow for God will guide us through whatever comes up. We can trust Him with our last breath. He knows the future and He is prepared for whatever happens. He will get us through all our tomorrows.

Maranatha,

Betty

September 15, 2023

Happy Friday,

God is Faithful

Promise #258:

I will be faithful to give you My strength and protection.

2 Thessalonians 3:3 (WEB)

“But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you,

and guard you from the evil one.

God is faithful. He will never leave you or forsake you and He has promised to protect you from the evil one. In a world that is full of broken promises, this is something that we can know and rely on. The NIV Bible says 2 Thessalonians 3:3 this way... But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.”

The devil loves to fill our minds with doubts. When we doubt, we weaken our faith. When our faith is weakened we open ourselves up to be led astray by the devil.

We must stay strong in our faith. The best way to do that is to build up our faith by reading the Word of God and praying. Singing praises to God also promotes a healthy spiritual life.

The devil knows his time is short so he is attacking Christians regularly. We must choose to increase our faith in God and not become complacent.

Our redemption is coming soon. May God help us to stay committed to living our lives in a way that is pleasing to Him.

Betty

September 19, 2023

Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.
Ecclesiastes 3:11

Evil is growing in the world but soon we will enter into Heaven. Our minds cannot comprehend how beautiful Heaven will be be.

Until then, God will be with us. He will guide us and protect us. We can rejoice now knowing God is with us and our future.

Maranta,

Betty

September 20, 2023

Happy Monday,

Do Not Doubt The Existence of Heaven

My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me so that you also may be where I am.

John 14:2-3 (ESV)

Jesus, Himself told us that He is preparing a place for us in Heaven and that He is coming back for us. What a marvelous promise given to us by the Lord Jesus.

Knowing Jesus’ word is true and honorable, we can relax and know that our redemption is coming soon. We are not hopeless but a people whose hope is secure in the Holy Word of God.

Romans 5:11

New King James Version

11 And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.

Philippians 4:4

New King James Version

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!

Maranatha,

Betty

September 21, 2023

Happy Monday,

Do Not Doubt The Existence of Heaven

My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me so that you also may be where I am.

John 14:2-3 (ESV)

Jesus, Himself told us that He is preparing a place for us in Heaven and that He is coming back for us. What a marvelous promise given to us by the Lord Jesus.

Knowing Jesus’ word is true and honorable, we can relax and know that our redemption is coming soon. We are not hopeless but a people whose hope is secure in the Holy Word of God.

Romans 5:11

New King James Version

11 And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.

Philippians 4:4

New King James Version

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!

Maranatha,

Betty

September 22, 2023

Happy Friday,

Seek To Please God

That's the whole story. Here now is my final conclusion: Fear God and obey his commands, for this is everyone's duty.
Ecclesiastes 12:13

We cannot please everyone. This is a given. What is more important than pleasing people is pleasing God! God will judge us in the end and not people.

This does not give us a license to be cruel to others, but God must come first. Our relationship with God is stronger, when we put God first. Things in our lives will work out better when we seek to please God.

Maranatha,

Betty

September 23, 2023

Happy Saturday,

“He Has Blessed Us”

He has blessed us in the Beloved.

Our circumstances does not determine whether or not we are blessed. There are many many sinners who are blessed by today’s standards. Yet, there are people who in this world who have nothing in this world but are spiritually blessed.

We must remember that many people have gained their wealth and fame from living in sin. People get paid in TV and movies to use God’s Name in vain and they do so so they can be popular and rich. They have no interest in their souls or eternity.

Sadly, there are poor people who have no interest in God and have no fear of God. Using God’s Name in vain also comes easy for them. They do not believe in eternity or they think all ‘good’ people go to Heaven. The Bible says no one is good. Only the righteous blood of Jesus saves us from sin.

We must choose salvation through Christ to be saved. Then we are truly blessed no matter what is in our bank account. Our blessing is Jesus being with us all the time and our eternity in Heaven.

Maranatha,

Betty

September 25, 2023

Happy Monday,

God Will Make Things New

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more...And he who sat upon the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." Also he said, "Write this, for these words are trustworthy and true." Revelation 21:1, 5, RSV
Lord our God, our Father, we look deep into your mighty Word and see the glory of the new world you will create according to your justice and truth. We thank you for giving us this joy on earth in the midst of all our toil and striving. We look deep into your Word. You make all things new. To this hope our lives are directed, to this hope you have called us, and we want to be faithful forever. Praise to your name, for you have already done great things for us! Keep us in your Word. Let many find the light, for in this light they may look to you in simple faith and constancy until the end, when throughout the world we may see your glory and your grace. Amen.

The Bible says that God will one day replace this earth and Heaven with brand new ones. This Earth has become corrupted but the New Earth will know no corruption. Sin will never enter the new earth. The devil will be in the lake of fire and sin will be no more.

We live in a world where sin abounds. With the help of the Holy Spirit, as children of God, we need not walk in sin. We can live in righteousness. When we do sin, Jesus is our advocate.

The closer we walk with God, the less desirable sin becomes and the more desirable righteousness becomes. The more we love God the more we desire to please God. Let us worship God in spirit and truth.

Maranatha,

Betty

September 26, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

Your Choice

“But you’re gonna have to serve somebody, yes indeed
You’re gonna have to serve somebody,
It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
But you’re gonna have to serve somebody. “—Bob Dylan

I watched a YouTube video of an Oprah show where she is in an argument with an audience member who believes Jesus is the only way to Heaven. Oprah said with an angry tone:” I choose whether I go to Heaven or hell”. She is correct. If we refuse salvation through Christ, then we have chosen hell.

It is not God that sends us to hell, but it is our own decision. This decision lasts for eternity. We must choose well. Sadly it is too often pride that keeps people from admitting that they are a sinner, in need of salvation.

Maranatha,

Betty

September 27, 2023

Happy Wednesday,

He Will Keep Us From Falling

“Promise #270:

I will keep you from falling until you joyfully stand blameless in My presence.

Jude 1:24 (WEB)

Now to him who is able to keep them from stumbling,

and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory in great joy,”

One day Jesus will joyfully present us to His Father. He will rejoice in our sinlessness. Not because we are perfect, but because we have been washed and made clean by the precious blood of Jesus.

We need not live in fear of sin, if we trust God to protect us from sin. We can choose to walk in righteousness and not give into sin. When we do fall into sin we have an advocate in Jesus.

1 John 2

“My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. ...”

Maranatha,

Betty

September 29, 2023

Happy Friday,

“Christ On A White Horse”

Revelation 19:11-21

New King James Version

Christ on a White Horse

11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head weremany crowns. He [a]had a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a [c]sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:

KING OF KINGS AND
LORD OF LORDS.

The Beast and His Armies Defeated

17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven, “Come and gather together for the [d]supper of the great God, 18 that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all people, [e]free and slave, both small and great.”

19 And I saw the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army. 20 Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone. 21 And the rest were killed with the sword which proceeded from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse. And all the birds were filled with their flesh.

My husband often wonders aloud why God does not judge evil doers on this earth. God has been very very patient. He has been dealing with evil since the Garden of Eden.

Many believe that the reason God flooded the earth is that the demons was taking human women for themselves. If this had continued mankind would have been replaced with high-breeds.

This withstanding God has been indeed patient with mankind and the evil they do. There is coming a day when God will stand no more and will defeat evil. He will leave Heaven and come to this Earth to defeat the devil and His followers. Jesus will come to this earth, not as a little baby, not as a gentle Shepherd, but as a conquering King.

Now is the time to accept salvation. For there is a time when salvation will cease and only judgment will come.

Maranatha,

Betty

no taking human women. fallen angels were bound in the pit and are neither male nor female and spirits, not flesh.

October 1, 2023

Blessed Sunday,

“What Can Wash Away My Sins?

——Nothing But The Blood of Jesus!”

Our Pastor told us that last week someone told him that they believed that the Church had to go through the tribulation in order to be worthy of Heaven. This is a lie from the devil.

Even if we sacrificed our lives for Christ we would still be unworthy of Heaven. There is only one key to be open the Gates of Heaven and that is the precious blood of Jesus.

John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

John 10:9

I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.

John 10:1

Jesus the True Shepherd

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

Jesus is the door of Heaven. We must be saved through the blood of Jesus.

John 3:16

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

John 3:16

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

The age of grace will soon end. The Church will be taken to Heaven, in the event called the rapture. Then the tribulation will come upon this earth. A time of great sorrow and torment. Let us not put off salvation, because being left behind is no joke.

2 Corinthians 6:2

For He says: “In an acceptable time I have heard you, And in the day ofsalvation I have helped you.” Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.

Maranatha,

Betty

October 2, 2023

Happy Monday,

God Took On Manhood

“Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.”
Philippians 2:5-8

We cannot imagine the cost to Jesus, to lay down His glorified body to be born a baby and live in a human body. To leave an incorruptible body to be born in a corruptible body.

God chose to do this in order to bring salvation to a fallen and sinful world. His choice to do so brought a chance for salvation to all mankind. It must break His heart that so many have chosen against accepting the precious gift of salvation.

I cannot emphasize enough how it is important to accept salvation, now while the age of grace is still open. Soon these days will come and then God will cause a strong delusion to come on this earth, so those who rejected the truth of salvation will accept a lie from the devil.

2 Thessalonians 2:5-12

New King James Version

5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the [a]mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Now is the time to set aside our pride and fall at Jesus’ feet and seek salvation. We are not promised tomorrow.

Maranatha,

Betty

October 4, 2023

Happy Wednesday,

Disappointment

“Promise #277:

If you believe in Jesus, you will not be disappointed.

1 Peter 2:6 (WEB)

Because it is contained in Scripture,

“Behold, I lay in Zion a chief cornerstone, chosen, and precious:

He who believes in him will not be disappointed.”

From the time we are born into this world until we die, we suffer disappointment. Those who put their trust in someone or something other than salvation through Jesus will suffer an eternity of disappointment.

Those of us who trusted Jesus for our salvation, will know no disappointment in Heaven. Heaven will be more glorious than we can even imagine.

Now we should seek to serve God to the best of our abilities. We should honor God with praise and worship and share the Gospel with others, while there is still time.

Betty

October 5, 2023

Happy Thursday,

Created For A Purpose

“Promise #278:

You are My workmanship, created in Christ to do My good works.

Ephesians 2:10 (WEB)

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,

which God prepared before that we would walk in them.”

Before we took our first breath on this earth, God had a purpose and a plan for us. Sometimes, stubbornness and sin takes us in the wrong direction. Yet, God lovingly calls us back into Himself.

God, in love, takes our broken pieces and puts us back together. In love, He begins a new work in us. When we are obedient to God, He can still use us for His Kingdom, despite our pasts.

Maranatha,

Betty

October 6, 2023

Happy Friday,

Why Do The Wicked Prosper?

“But as for me, my feet had almost slipped; I had nearly lost my foothold. For I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked” (Psalm 73:2-3).

It is easy to envy the wicked who prosper with fame and money. Yet what does prosperity and worldly fame compare to an eternity in Heaven? The riches of this life cannot compare to an eternal life in Heaven with our Heavenly Father.

This life is as closest many people will get to Heaven. We should not envy the wicked, but feel sorry for them. They have nothing to look forward to when they die. We should continue to pray for lost souls.

Let us not envy the wicked, but reassure ourselves of our future in Heaven. Let us live for God with a generous heart of love for Jesus and the great sacrifice He made to bring us salvation.

Maranatha,

Betty

October 7, 2023

Happy Saturday,

Press Onward

I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.
Philippians 3:14

Israel is at war. It is easy to wonder where God is. Yet, God has not abandoned His throne. He is still in control. We do not understand why God allows this to happen. In spite of this, we can put complete trust in our Heavenly Father.

Let us lay aside our fear and pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

Back