• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Thoughts from an old lady

October 10, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

Choose to Walk Into The Spirit

Romans 8:1-9

New King James Version

Free from Indwelling Sin

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who[a] do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the [c]carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. 10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies [d]through His Spirit who dwells in you.

It is easy to be more earthly-minded than spiritually-minded. After all, we live in earthly bodies. God wants us to focus on the spiritual. When we see evil things people do, we rarely think about how these people are headed for an eternity in hell.

It is easy to call for revenge. I agree that justice must be done, but we can still pray for lost souls. So much evil is being done today. Let us remember to pray for the lost.

Maranatha,

Betty

October 11, 2023

Happy Wednesday,

Do Not Become Too Cozy With This World

“Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world. And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.”

We should love everyone, yet we must be careful of who we spend the most of our time with. When we spend most of our time with non-Christians we can easily be influenced by ungodly ideas.

As a Christian, our most important desire should be to please God. We do not want to become inspired into pleasing people over God. This world is fleeting. It is the things that we do for our Heavenly Father that will last eternity.

Pray for Israel and the people held hostage by Hamas.

Maranatha,

Betty

October 12, 2023

Happy Thursday,

Hard Days

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples if you love one another.” (John 13:34-35)

We all have hard days. Days that begin from the start with tension and aggravation. When we are irritable and those we live with are too. An argument is just waiting to happen.

Sometimes we need to take some space to be alone and to talk to God. To soak up His love. When we feel God’s love for us, it is easier to show love for others.

Betty

October 14, 2023

Happy Saturday,

Growing In The Lord

“Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.”
Ephesians 6:10-13

Jesus died to save us from our sins, but salvation does not stop there. Just as we come into this world as helpless babies and grow into self-sustaining adults, we are to grow spiritually.

We should not get saved and 10 years later still be spiritual babies. We cheat ourselves and God when we refuse to grow spiritually. It is true that growing spiritually is often painful, but the end results are well worth it.

Let us pray daily that we will grow each day into what God wants us to be. Today more than ever let us share the Gospel with the way we live our lives and in our testimony. We can see prophecy falling into place. The age of grace is coming to an end. God help us to be fruitful Christians.

Maranatha,

Betty

October 15, 2023

Blessed Sunday,

Daily Prayer for October 15
CHRISTOPH FRIEDRICH BLUMHARDT
“On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners." Matthew 9:12–13, NIV
Dear Father in heaven, we come into your presence as imperfect, sinful children, who do many foolish things and who are involved in much that is evil and corrupt. We come to you, Father, knowing that your fatherly love is with us through all eternity. Be gracious to us and free us from all the harm and injury we are bound to suffer in this earthly life. May the grace your kingdom brings on earth finally blot out the sins of all people, so that as your children they may rejoice because you have helped them. May your name be praised among all people. Amen”

The devil likes to throw our failures and sins in our face. Jesus says to us to come to Him for forgiveness and healing. We can find comfort and rest in the arms of our Heavenly Father. Do not let the devil discourage you. Trust in God and be blessed.

Pray for Israel!

Maranatha,

Betty

October 16, 2023

Happy Monday,

We Are Important To God

“Promise #289:

If I look after the sparrows, I will certainly look after you.

Luke 12:6-7 (WEB)

6 “Aren’t five sparrows sold for two assaria coins? Not one of them is forgotten by God.

7 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Therefore don’t be afraid.

You are of more value than many sparrows.”

It is hard to imagine in a vast world as ours and with so many millions of people, that God takes any notice of us. Yet, He loves us and is concerned about us.

Should we not worship God with all our hearts? Should we not honor God daily in the way we live?

May God teach us to live in a way that pleases Him. May we worship God in righteousness and truth. May we look forward with hope for the day that God comes and gets us and we are evermore with our Heavenly Father.

Maranatha,

Betty

October 17, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

Our Hope Is In Hod

Daily Prayer for October 17
“The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. Romans 13:12, NIV
Father in heaven, we thank you for giving us light. We thank you for the great hope for a day whose light is not of our making, whose source is in you, a day to come that can touch our lives already today. Keep our hearts steadfast, free of all human wavering. May we always hold to the love you have given through your grace, and may we find joy in your love, which is full of light and understanding. “Amen

There are many things happening in this world that can cause us alarm.

If we are not careful, we can be overcome by fear. We must establish our hope in God and His promises. Whether we live or die, if we are saved, God is with us.

We need not fear what will happen tomorrow. God is still in control. We can have complete trust in God. God will not fail us. It is true God allows things to happen that we do not understand. When this happens it is hard to trust God, but one day we will understand the reasons why. Press on my friend trusting completely in our Heavenly Father.

Maranatha,

Betty

October 19, 2023

Happy Thursday,

God Will Protect Us

“Promise #292:

I will cover you with My feathers and protect you with My wings.

Psalm 91:4 (WEB)

He will cover you with his feathers.

Under his wings you will take refuge.

His faithfulness is your shield and rampart.”

There are a lot of things happening today that concerns us. If we are not careful, we can give into fear. Our Heavenly Father wants us to reject fear and trust in Him.

Whether we live our die, our God is with us. Because of this, there is no need to fear. We know our future is with God in Heaven. In our present state, God is with us. We must learn to trust God in all circumstances.

Trust God and seek to do His will. Pray for lost souls. Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

October 20, 2023

Happy Friday,

I Am So Excited

We can see from the activities around the world that we are closer to the rapture than ever. This knowledge should make us excited. Let us not allow this knowledge to make us become complacent and lazy.

Instead, let us spend every day seeking more than ever to do God’s will. Because of health issues, I do not leave the house much. This does not mean I cannot work for God. I can write my blog and pray. Pray for Israel. Pray for lost souls. Pray for God’s will in my life.

Whatever your situation is, seek to be active in God’s Kingdom. Seek to do God’s will every day. Let us seek to be pleasing God when the rapture arrives. May His return for His children be soon.

Maranatha,

Betty

Revelation 22:12

Jesus Testifies to the Churches

“And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.

October 21, 2023

Happy Saturday,

God Saves Our Prayers

Daily Prayer for October 21
“Then another angel came and stood at the altar, holding a golden censer; and he was given a great quantity of incense to offer with the prayers of all God's people upon the golden altar in front of the throne. And from the angel's hand the smoke of the incense went up before God with the prayers of his people. Revelation 8:3–4, NEB
Lord God, we come before you and ask you to turn our hearts and minds to you alone, to you who have power over the whole world and who can do everything in our hearts according to your will. Let there be light in our time. Hear and answer the many prayers that have already come to you, rising for centuries before your throne, prayers for your kingdom and for your will on earth. This earth has become the prey of evil. We are poor and needy, and you alone can help us. Help us, O Lord, our God and Father. After this misery let your day come, your great day over all the world and over all peoples. “Amen

When our prayers are not answered in a timely manner or exactly the way we wanted, we can begin to think that our prayers are wasted. The Bible shows this is not true.

God hears the prayers of His children. No prayer is wasted. We must remember that God’s will is better than our own. We must trust His will. Accepting our Heavenly Father’s will over our own will is an act of obedience.

We must be faithful to God in all circumstances. One day we will be in the presence of the Lord God Almighty. Then everything will become clear to us. Until that day, let us choose to trust God with all of our hearts.

Pray for Israel,

Maranatha,

Betty

October 22, 2023

Blessed Sunday,

“Strength and Peace”

“Promise #295:

I will give you My strength and bless you with My peace.

Psalm 29:11 (WEB)

Yahweh will give strength to his people.

Yahweh will bless his people with peace.”

When we lose a loved one our strength and peace is taken away. We feel physically broken. We become afraid for our loved ones that are left. We begin to question God’s love for us.

How could He take away the one we loved? How can we keep trusting God? The truth is that we have to force ourselves to love God and trust Him in spite of our great loss. When we do, God will give us strength and peace.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

October 23, 2023

Happy Monday,

Depression Sneaks In

“ETERNAL PERSPECTIVE

When it feels like darkness is closing in, remember that the fight is not over. The righteousness, justice, peace, and light of the Lord will prevail.

"Fret not yourself because of evildoers... Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act… In just a little while, the wicked will be no more… But the meek shall inherit the land and delight themselves in abundant peace."

Psalm 37:1, 5, 10–11

There are so many things going wrong in this world today. Individual families are in turmoil. It is easy to give in to depression. As we get older,

many of us are dealing with health issues. Depression can sneak in as an uninvited guest.

Friends it is hard not to give in to depression. We must remind ourselves that this life is short and eternity is forever. Truly, the best is yet to come.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

October 25, 2023

Happy Wednesday,

We All Have Burdens

1 Peter 5:7

casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you

We all have burdens. We all have times of discouragement. We all have times of depression. These things are not lost on God. He knows our needs and seeks for us to come to him for relief.

Let us not be ashamed of our circumstances but go to our Heavenly Father. He wants us to come to Him, when we are in need. Trying to take care of everything ourselves does not make us strong. Often it leads to pride, when we will not admit we need God’s help. Take your burdens to the Lord and leave them there.

Betty

October 27, 2023

Happy Friday,

Satisfaction In Jesus

“A Prayer to Find Our Satisfaction in the God Who Satisfies Forever
By Alisha Headley

“Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, Moses did not give you bread from heaven, but My Father gives you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.” (John 6:32-33)

While we need food daily to nourish our bodies, there is another kind of nourishment that feeds our souls and that’s Jesus Himself. Most of us turn to food or other forms of nourishment and satisfaction to fill us not just out of necessity for our bodies to survive, but out of a place to comfort us, to give us peace, and to temporarily bring us pleasure.”

When we need comfort let us seek Jesus first. We all like comfort food and we do need to eat. Yet, sometimes we need emotional comfort. We seek to find emotional comfort in many ways, but our best way is to go to God.

God knows exactly what we need even when we do not. He knows our needs better than we do. He knows our past and our future. We can always trust God. May God help us to seek Him first.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

October 28, 2023

Happy Saturday,

May I Please God

“For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things. Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.”
1 John 3:20-22

May we live our lives in a way that pleases our Heavenly Father. May our heart's desire be to live for Christ. May God help us not to get so caught up in the troubles of this world, that we lose sight of our eternity in Heaven.

We have a lot of thing going on in this world to cause us worry and pain. We must remember that God is in control. No matter what happens we can rely on God. He is still merciful to His children. Sing praises and offer thanks to God, our Creator, and the one who forgives our sins.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

October 30, 2023

Happy Monday,

Praise The Lord

Daily Prayer for October 30
“Praise the Lord, all you nations; extol him, all you peoples. For great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever. Praise the Lord. Psalm 117, NIV
Lord our God, we thank you that we may come to you and that our spirits can reach out for your help and your comfort. May we draw strength from communion with you, our Father. May we realize more fully that we are your children, truly your children, who throughout our pilgrimage are allowed to know you as our refuge and our help. Remember our world, and grant that many hearts awaken and turn to you, looking to you in all the fear and need which sweep over many people in our time. Let your Spirit be revealed to our hearts in quiet, bringing many experiences from you, O Lord our God, and from your kingdom. Protect us every day in the many lands throughout the earth. For the nations are yours; they shall receive life and blessing from you, and at last your kingdom will be revealed in all the world, to the eternal glory of your name. “Amen

How glorious is our Lord! We serve a marvelous God, who loves us and wants good for us. We do go through bad times, but God is with us through all circumstances.

Let us not worry about tomorrow, for God will be with us through every hour. Pray for one another. Pray for the lost. Pray for those who are ill. Worship our Heavenly Father by living in a way that pleases Him.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

November 2, 2023

Happy Thursday.

Comfort Me, Oh, Lord!

The pain of losing a child never goes away completely. Yet, in the dark hours when we grieve, God is with us. His love for us never ceases. We can always depend on our Heavenly Father being with us.

Psalm 55:22

Cast your burden on the Lord, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.

God sustains us and keeps our feet steady so that we do not lose our way. He keeps us on the right path so that the devil can not lead us astray.

Psalm 119:105

King James Version 105

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

We press on knowing that our redemption is coming soon. Soon we will be with our God forever. Let us not give up so close to the end.

Philippians 3:14

I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Keep our eyes on Jesus. He will sustain us, encourage us, and love on us till it is time to go home.

Revelation 22:20

He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Evenso, come, Lord Jesus.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

November 5, 2023

Blessed Sunday,

He Gives Us Peace

“Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”
John 14:27

Let us not give into fear, but trust God in all things. Let us honor Him and praise His Holy Name. God is always with us. We can trust Him in all situations. Look with hope for our redemption is coming soon.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

November 7, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

“Christian Nationalist”

A reporter from MSNBC called Mike Johnson a Christian Nationalist for saying his morals come from the Bible. The President said in a press conference that Maga voters and Christian Nationalists are more dangerous than Hamas.

What the President said was dangerous and was set to divide our Country even more than it is. Ironically it was not Christians who tried to break down the fence guarding the White House, but Muslim supporters.

What does the Bible teach?

Matthew 22:37-40

King James Version

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Christians are being set up to be outcasts. We must stay strong in our faith so we do not weaken in our resolve to obey God and His Holy Word.

Betty

Attachment.png

November 9, 2023

Happy Thursday,

When We Are Overwhelmed

“Promise #313:

I am your light and your salvation, the strength of your life.

Psalm 27:1 (WEB)

Yahweh is my light and my salvation. Whom shall I fear?

Yahweh is the strength of my life. Of whom shall I be afraid?”

There are times that we feel overwhelmed. We may be dealing with health issues while taking care of a loved one with physical needs. We may be suffering the loss of a loved one. We may even feel abandoned.

Yet, in the midst of our suffering, we can remind ourselves that God is with us. Many times God uses fellow Christians to encourage us. The kindness of others can give us that boost we need to keep trusting in God and to continue on in our work for the glory of God.

As we continue in our walk with God let us pray for others who also are walking in dark times. May God help us be a light of encouragement to others.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

Back