• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Thoughts from an old lady

January 5, 2024

Happy Friday,

God Chose Us

“Promise #5:

I chose you to be adopted into My family before creation.

Ephesians 1:4-5 (WEB)

4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and without blemish before him in love; 5 having predestined us for adoption as children through Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his desire,”

We are not accidentally saved. God chose us before we were even created. We may wander from time to time, but in God’s great love for us, He always calls us Home.

Do not take for granted salvation. Salvation is the greatest gift ever. Salvation will never decay. Our salvation will last throughout eternity.

Let us never forget to praise God for such a wonderous gift. What a mighty God we serve!

Pray for the people of Israel. Pray for lost souls,

Maranatha,

Betty

Revelation 22:20

I Am Coming Quickly

He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

January 6, 2024

Happy Saturday,

Read God’s Holy Word Daily

“If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (John 8:31-32 NIV)
People—friends—can help you to survive, but God's help lets you live in pure freedom!
That's why it's so important for me to say to you today: Don't treat the Bible like you treat medicine. Don't just put it in the closet. We often wait for God to speak to us but do not open the Bible”

Let us make 2024 the year that we read God’s Word daily. May the Holy Bible become as important to us as eating food. After all just as food is for the body, God’s Word is good for our souls.

We must make time in our daily lives for reading the Bible. Regular Bible reading does not happen by accident. God talks to us through His Holy Word.

Pray for the people of Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

Lord

link_score.gif

Standing on the Promises | Russell K. Carter

Promise

Report Error | << | >>

Standing on the Promises
Russell K. Carter, pub.1886
copyright status is Public Domain

Subjects: Promise, Faith
Scripture: 2 Peter 1:2-4; Hebrews 10:23
Standing on the Promises [.xml]
Russell K. Carter, pub.1886
copyright status is Public Domain

Key: B♭
Meter: 11.11.11.9 R

Learn about music formats...
view sheet music [.pdf] [.sib]
play midi [.mid]
This song in other languages:
.pdf Deutsch (German)
.pdf Pусский (Russian)
1 Standing on the promises of Christ my King,
Through eternal ages let His praises ring,
Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing,
Standing on the promises of God.
◦ Refrain:
Standing, standing,
Standing on the promises of God my Savior;
Standing, standing,
I’m standing on the promises of God.
2 Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
By the living Word of God I shall prevail,
3 Standing on the promises I now can see
Perfect, present cleansing in the blood for me;
Standing in the liberty where Christ makes free,
4 Standing on the promises of Christ the Lord,
Bound to Him eternally by love’s strong cord,
Overcoming daily with the Spirit’s sword,
5 Standing on the promises I cannot fall,
List’ning every moment to the Spirit’s call,
Resting in my Savior as my all in all,
Standing on the promises of God

January 8, 2024

Happy Monday,

Seek God First

Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
Matthew 6:33

We can get so caught up with day-to-day living that God becomes an afterthought in our lives. We do so much better, when we begin the day with prayer and Thanksgiving.

Not only do we remind ourselves that God is with us, but we are showing honor to our Heavenly Father. We want God to watch over us all the time and yet we often lose sight of Him. Let us strive to keep our focus on God, each day.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

January 10, 2024

Happy Wednesday,

We Will See God

In my flesh I shall see God.

Even Job knew that he would see God. Every person will see God. We will either be taken in the rapture to see God as His child or stand before Him at the White Throne of Judgment as a sinner.

We choose which way we will stand before God. The time to decide when we are alive. After our death, it is too late to get saved. We cannot pray deceased people into Heaven. Everyone must choose for themselves, in their lifetime.

We can and should pray for lost souls. Pray that they will accept Jesus as their Savior before it is too late. The Rapture will happen soon. The Bible says that today is the day of salvation. We must not keep putting salvation off. When we do not accept Jesus as our Savior, then we are refusing salvation. There is no middle ground.

Pray for Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

January 11, 2023

Happy Thursday,

Secure In God

Promise #11:

My plan for your future is filled with hope.

Jeremiah 29:11 (WEB)

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says Yahweh,

thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you hope and a future.

We do not know what this year holds. Some people feel that we could have another attack like 9/11, but much worse. Yet, we can be at peace for we know God knows all things.

Philippians 1:19-26

New King James Version

To Live Is Christ

19 For I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayer and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, 20 according to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death. 21 For to me, to live is Christ, and to die isgain. 22 But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I [a]cannot tell. 23 For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better. 24 Nevertheless to remain in the flesh is more needful for you. 25 And being confident of this, I know that I shall remain and continue with you all for your progress and joy of faith, 26 that your rejoicing for me may be more abundant in Jesus Christ by my coming to you again.

Whether we live or die, God is with us. We do not have to live in fear. We can put all our trust in God and fear not. We will live in peace when we put our complete trust in God and not worry.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

January 12, 2024

Happy Friday,

“Promise #12:

I am at work in your life through the desires of your heart.

Philippians 2:13 (WEB)

For it is God who works in you both to will and to work,

for his good pleasure.

I like how the Amplified Bible translates Philippians 2:13... [Not in your own strength] for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight. (AMP)”

God is working in our lives, if we surrender to His will. We cannot always see the plans God has for us, but we can trust in Him completely. His will will work out for the best for us in the end.

Surrendering to God’s will is not always easy. We want to be in control of our lives and to make our own decisions. We are so much better off when we seek God’s will in all that we do.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

January 15, 2024

Happy Monday,

Heroes

Do not make an idol out of mankind. When you find out the truth about them, you will be disappointed. Just because a person is a Reverand does not mean that they preach the truth.

Even some famous Reverands can have skeletons in their closets. Some do not even believe the complete truth of the Gospel. Some have a girlfriend even though they are married.

Instead, let us worship the God of Heaven. Put our complete truth in our Heavenly Father. We can admire people but do not make them into idols.

God only should be the one we worship.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

January 16, 2024

Happy Tuesday,

Praise God, Daily

TODAY'S DAILY PRAYER

TODAY, JANUARY 16

I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and ever. Every day I will praise you and extol your name for ever and ever. Psalm 145:1-2, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, we come before you and thank you with all our hearts. You know all that we are thankful for. Continue to sustain us, we pray, and give us strength for the paths on which you lead us. Even when we must suffer and fight long, hard battles, we know that everything has its right purpose and will still lead us to your goal. For all this we praise and thank you. Protect us in mind, heart, and spirit. Keep us courageous, and lift us above all discouragement through your Spirit, who will renew our lives forevermore. Amen.

We can get so caught up in life that we forget to praise God. We even forget to pray some days. Let us make an effort to do better this year. We will not accidentally fall into the habit of daily praise and prayer. We must make an effort.

Praise and prayer are not just about lifting up God, but these two things lift us up. The more we praise God and pray the more we bring joy and peace into our lives. Remember joy and happiness are not the same. Happiness is temporary but joy is eternal.

Psalm 100:4

Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts withpraise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.

Pray for the people of Israel. Pray for lost souls

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

January 18, 2024

Happy Thursday,

Jesus Never Changes

Hebrews 13:8

New King James Version

8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

We change and the world changes, but Jesus will never change. His promises are permanent. We can always depend on Him. We can always trust in God.

Let us not fear the future but put complete trust in God, always. He will never abandon nor fail us. We are secure in our Heavenly Father.

Pray for Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

January 19, 2024

Happy Friday,

Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures.
The more we study God’s Holy Word, the more we understand His Holy Word. The more we read God’s Holy Word, the more we get to know God. Friends, let us make time each day to spend some time in reading God’s Holy Word and in prayer.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

January 20, 2024

Happy Saturday,

He Is Our God

“Daily Prayer for January 20
CHRISTOPH FRIEDRICH BLUMHARDT
Fear not, for I am with you, be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand. Isaiah 41:10, RSV
Dear Father in heaven, we thank you that you are our Father and that we may have you with us. We thank you that we can know you are leading us by your hand. Give us your Spirit of understanding so that we may always see your mighty and powerful hand guiding us on all our ways. Help us where we fall short. Help us, for we are weak and are often in situations where we cannot help ourselves. But you are strong. You give light to our hearts. Through the Savior, Jesus Christ, we can direct our lives cheerfully, joyfully, and patiently toward the great goal set before us your children, and before the whole world. Amen”

He is our God, our Heavenly Father, our protector, and our healer. We need not fear the things happening in the world today, for our God is in control. We can trust God with the very breath we take.

Though we grow weary and tired, God will sustain us. He will help us walk through the storms of life. When we keep our eyes on Jesus, the cares of this will grow dim. When we worship God through our troubles, God will shine a bit of heaven into our hearts.

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

January 22, 2024

Happy Monday,

God Cares For Me

“Promise #22:

Cast all your worries on Me, for I really care about you.

1 Peter 5:7 (WEB)

casting all your worries on him,

because he cares for you.”

It is easy to begin to doubt that God cares for us. We get so caught up in the cares of this world, that we begin to believe that God has forgotten about us.

Every day there is a new problem for this world to face. If we are not careful our faith in God can weaken. We need to remind ourselves, that God is still watching over us. It is right for us to put our complete trust in God. He will never fail us.

Offer up praises to our God our Creator. Pray for the people of Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

January 24, 2024

Happy Wednesday,

“Promise #24:

My love will persevere through every situation.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (WEB)

4 Love is patient and is kind; love doesn’t envy. Love doesn’t brag, is not proud, 5 doesn’t behave itself inappropriately, doesn’t seek its own way, is not provoked, takes no account of evil; 6 doesn’t rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

The Greek word for love used in this passage of Scripture is the word agape which speaks of the unconditional love of God. Today's promise speaks of the tenacious heart of our Father that will simply not give up on us no matter what we go through.”

There is not a thing we go through that God will not only be with us, but He will sustain us. We spend way too much time worrying about what may never happen. Trusting in God is an honor and not an obligation. We trust in God because we love Him. The more we love God, the more we trust in Him.

When we trust God we do not have to fear the outcome of the coming election. God already knows who will win. No matter who wins, it is God that will sustain us.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

January 26, 2024

Happy Friday,

Heavenly Father, We Need To Feel You

Daily Prayer for January 26
“The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them. Psalm 145:18-19, NIV
Dear Father in heaven, Almighty God, your children look to you in prayer. Hold us always by the hand. Reveal to us that you hear us, that you are among us providing what is best for us, to the glory of your name. In this hour let us experience something from you, the good and merciful One. May we always be glad and thankful for all we have already received from you and for all we are still to receive in our lives. Amen”

It is not enough to be told God loves us. We need to feel His love, ourselves. There are times when God directs us through desserts, but we cannot always live in the desserts.

Heavenly Father, take us through the rain of your blessings so that we can feel your love rain down upon us. Let us feel your love shine upon our faces. Let our hearts overfill with your kindness.

In return let us worship you in spirit and truth. Let us put you above all people and things. Guide us so that we can live in a way that is pleasing to you in all we do.

Amen,

Betty

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

January 27, 2028

Happy Saturday,

Be Steadfast In The Lord

1 Corinthians 15:58

Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.

Let us not be whishy-washy in our faith. Hold on to our faith for it is indeed our lifeline and our hope in our salvation and our ticket to Heaven. The devil uses many ways to get us off track. We must be vigilant in our walk with Jesus.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

January 29, 2024

Happy Monday,

Jesus Mild and Meek

Isaiah 8:11

New International Version

11 This is what the Lord says to me with his strong hand upon me, warning me not to follow the way of this people:

God is mild and meek, but sometimes He has to discipline His people. Just like children, we do not like to be disciplined. Yet, we could be in danger, if God allowed us to go our own way.

We sometimes go off the path God has chosen for us. We can begin to allow sin to creep into our lives. God wants to convict us before we do major damage to ourselves through sin and iniquity.

The devil seeks to lead Christians astray. Sometimes even Christian friends and Christian leaders can lead us into sin. We must be on guard. We do this by reading God’s Holy Word and daily prayer.

1 Corinthians 11:32

32 Nevertheless, when we are judged in this way by the Lord, we are being disciplined so that we will not be finally condemned with the world.

Hebrews 12:5

5 And have you completely forgotten this word of encouragement that addresses you as a father addresses his son? It says,

“My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline,
and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,

Maranatha,

Betty

January 30, 2024

Happy Tuesday,

What Not To Say

When we go through troubles and pain, it does not help us to be told that others have been in the same situation. Lots of people have had broken bones, but when you have a broken bone you are miserable and it does not matter to you how many other people have had broken bones, you are still miserable.

We cannot comfort someone who has lost a loved one by telling them others have lost loved ones. We can remind them that we are praying for them. We can let them know that God can and will comfort them but telling them that others have been in their shoes is not helpful.

Psalm 34:18 NIV

18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Psalm 147:3 NIV

3 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

Isaiah 41:10 NIV

10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

February 1, 2024

Happy Thursday,

Wisdom

The majority of people who work for God, do so out of humility. Most Preachers are called by God to preach. God has proved in His Holy Word, that He does not call people because they are equipped for service. He equips those He calls.

James 1:5

New King James Version

5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

God encourages His people to ask for wisdom. In my humble opinion, Preachers should not look for a sermon online to preach, but to pray that God will guide them in what to preach. God knows who will be in attendance before Sunday. He is willing to give the Preacher what is needed for the people who will be in attendance.

Let all who serve God, do so in humility and love for God and others. Let us not be prideful of our calling, but be grateful that God chooses to use us for His glory.

Colossians 3:12

Character of the New Man

12 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering;

James 4:7

New King James Version

Humility Cures Worldliness

7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

February 2, 2024

Happy Friday,

Called To Serve

Woe is me if I do not preach the gospel! 1 CORINTHIANS 9:16

The call to serve was so strong on the Apostle Paul, that he knew that he would be miserable if he had abandoned his calling. All of God’s children are called to a task for God.

Mothers of young children are called to teach God and His ways to their children. Musicians and singers are called to use their talents for the work of God. Teachers and Preachers are to share the Gospel to their charges.

We are all called to the mission of praying for lost souls. It should be our privilege to pray for Pastors and leaders. If we seek God’s face and ask Him, He will guide us into the calling He has for us. Open your hearts and minds to God’s call for us.

Psalm 150:6

New King James Version

6 Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.

[a]Praise the Lord!

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

February 3, 2024

Happy Saturday,

Daily Prayer for February 3
So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. Galatians 3:26-27, NIV
Dear Father in heaven, we may come to you, for you have counted us as your children. Our hearts long to come to you, our God and Savior. May your Word bless us and restore us. Give us courageous hearts to bear the distress of our times. Let a light arise in our days so that people care about your will. Then the need on earth shall come to an end, your name shall be honored, and your will be done. Lord God, you alone are our help. Be merciful to us. Stretch out your hand so that all people may turn to you and to your commandments, and your will may be done on earth. Amen

Reading one's e-mail can be discouraging. In Tennessee, a man was convicted for holding a sign with a Scripture verse on it. This was the verse:

Psalm 139:13

New King James Version

13 For You formed my inward parts;
You [a]covered me in my mother’s womb.

Joe Bidon wants this man put in prison for ten years. To put this in perspective, a woman was charged with involuntary manslaughterer after she stabbed her boyfriend over 100 times, because she was under the influence of marijuana. She got no time in prison.

Christians we need the Holy Spirit to comfort us in these days. We need His encouragement to stand up for unborn babies. May God help us to have courage in these dark times.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

Back