• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Thoughts from an old lady

February 4, 2024

Blessed Sunday,

Promise #35:

You are holy and free from blame because of Jesus Christ's death.

Colossians 1:21-22 (WEB)

21 You, being in past times alienated and enemies in your mind in your evil works,

22 yet now he has reconciled in the body of his flesh through death,

to present you holy and without blemish and blameless before him,

Without the death of Jesus and His resurrection, there would be no remission of sin. All would face an eternity in hell. God loves mankind so much that He sent His Son to live, die, and rise again for our salvation.

Sadly far too many reject the marvelous gift of salvation. Let those of us who have chosen to be accepted into the family of God, praise the Name of God.

Pray for the people of Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

Revelation 22:20

I Am Coming Quickly

He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

February 5, 2024

Happy Monday,

The Bible Reveals Itself

The prophet Daniel was given a vision of the Second Coming. Daniel lived many many years before Jesus was born on this earth, yet God gave Him a vision of Christ’s Second Coming.

Daniel 7:13-14

New King James Version

“I was watching in the night visions,
And behold, One like the Son of Man,
Coming with the clouds of heaven!
He came to the Ancient of Days,
And they brought Him near before Him.

Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom,
That all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion,
Which shall not pass away,
And His kingdom the one
Which shall not be destroyed.

God allowed Daniel to see what the Apostle John would see many years later.

“Look, he is coming with the clouds,” and “every eye will see him, even those who pierced him”; and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.” So shall it be! Amen.
Revelation 1:7

This prophecy has yet to take place but just as Daniel and John looked forward to the prophecy taking place, so can we. One take Jesus will come in power and glory and those who rejected salvation through Christ but chose not only to worship satan, but chose to accept his mark in their bodies will mourn.

When Jesus returns for the Second Coming, we will not be watching from Heaven. We will come back with Him.

Revelation 19:11-16

Open menu

New King James Version

Open menu

Christ on a White Horse

11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head weremany crowns. He [a]had a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a [c]sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:

KING OF KINGS AND
LORD OF LORDS.

We will be in the army of Heaven. We will come back from Heaven with our Lord and Savior. Pray for the people of Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

February 6, 2024

Happy Tuesday,

Control Our Anger

“So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath.”
James 1:1

All of us have areas in our lives where we are prone to get angry. We know and so does the devil. The devil loves to push our buttons. It is easy to react, but we are better off when we stop and pray.

We cannot control the actions of another person, but we can control ours. Sometimes we have to walk away from a situation and take time to pray and get our bearings.

There will be times when no matter what we do, we cannot please a person. We do what we should and then we distance ourselves from that person. Every relationship cannot be fixed.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

February 7, 2024

Happy Monday,

They Could Not See

We were hoping that it was He who was going to redeem Israel. Indeed, besides all this, today is the third day since these things happened. LUKE 24:21

The Disciples were sharing their grief with a stranger. Sharing that they had believed a man named Jesus would be the savior of Israel. They could not see that the man that they were talking to, was Jesus, Himself.

The Disciples were also blinded to the fact that Jesus' mission was not to save Israel, only. Jesus came to save the world. We can also be blinded to why God allows us to down paths that are unpleasant.

God sees the whole picture of our lives. From our first breath until our last breath on earth. We go through many situations that we do not understand. God uses every situation to lead us to a final ending. God even uses those times when we leave His will for our own good. We must trust God through all things.

Pray for Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

February 9, 2024

Happy Friday,

Return To Our First Love

Revelation 2:4-6

New International Version

4 Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first. 5 Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. 6 But you have this in your favor: You hate the practices of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.

We can become so distracted by so many things today. We can end up putting God last in our lives. May God remind us of how important He really is in our lives. He should be first in our lives.

Worship God in spirit and in truth and in all circumstances. Pray for the people of Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

February 13, 2024

Happy Tuesday,

Be Humble

“At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, ‘Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?’ Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, and said, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.’”
Matthew 18:1-5

We must humble ourselves to become a Christian. Sadly many Christians over time become proud. While we are to speak the truth in love, we must be careful that we do not think better of ourselves than we ought,

Just because we do not sin as we see those in this world do, does not make us better than others. Our salvation is a gift from God. We do not earn our way into Heaven.

Let us pray with love for lost souls. God says He hates pride. Let us be humble and kind to one another. Pray for the people of Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

February 14, 2024

Happy Valentines Day,

Happy Valentines Day

I wish every couple a Happy Valentines Day. Let us remember that today is a sad day for many. Some men and women are alone today because their mate is away from home serving our Country. Some are divorced. Some have never married. The hardest hit are those whose mates have passed on.

Let us pray for all those suffering loneliness today. Pray that God will comfort them and encourage them. Only God can provide comfort on days like this.

2 Corinthians 13:11

Greetings and Benediction

Finally, brethren, farewell. Become complete. Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you.

Pray for Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

February 15, 2024

Happy Thursday,

“Am I My Brother’s Keeper?”

This was Cain’s answer to God, when God asked him where Able was. God and Cain both knew where Able was. God wanted Cain to volunteer to God what He had done. Cain wanted to hide his sin.

Most of us think we can hide our sins from others. But, what does the Bible say?

Numbers 32:23

King James Version

23 But if ye will not do so, behold, ye have sinned against the Lord: and be sure your sin will find you out.

We cannot hide our sins from God. When we do not repent to God, He will

often make public our sins and we will suffer shame. Our sins affect others. Especially when a Christian is hiding unrepented sin. We bring shame to ourselves, to other Christians, and to God.

Romans 14:7

New King James Version

7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself.

When we sin repent to God and turn away from sin. Be honest with ourselves and with God. Seek to live in righteousness for ourselves and to the glory of God.

Pray for the people of Israel and for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

February 17, 2024

Happy Saturday,

May We Do More

Revelation 2:18-19

New International Version

To the Church in Thyatira

18 “To the angel of the church in Thyatira write:

These are the words of the Son of God, whose eyes are like blazing fire and whose feet are like burnished bronze. 19 I know your deeds, your love and faith, your service and perseverance, and that you are now doing more than you did at first.

May God help us to be doing more for God then we did at the beginning of our salvation. God help us not to be complacent as we age. May our prayers be more sincere. May we be kinder to those we come in contact with? May God in His mercy come for His children soon.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

February 18, 2024

Blessed Sunday,

Seek God For Guidance

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart. Do not depend on your own understanding. In all your ways obey him. Then he will make your paths smooth and straight. Don’t be wise in your own eyes. Have respect for the LORD and avoid evil.." (Proverbs 3:5-7 NIRV)

Self-help books have been the rage for many years. Bestsellers are supposed to tell us how to be a better person, wives, husbands, and parents. The writer usually has the best intentions, but there is no one size that fits all.

Every marriage is different. Every family is different. The advice does not fit every circumstance. We need to seek God’s advice. What if my question is not spelled out in the Bible? We ask God to guide us. Then we listen to hear His voice.

Pray for Israel and for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

February 22, 2024

Happy Friday,

Fear Not

Psalm 56:4

New King James Version

4 In God (I will praise His word),
In God I have put my trust;
I will not fear.
What can flesh do to me?

Thoughts can be a marvelous thing. We can get many ideas from our thoughts. Yet, the devil can put thoughts in our heads to discourage us.

God knows that and warns us.

2 Corinthians 10:5

King James Version

5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

When the devil sends evil thoughts into our heads, take control of our thoughts, and remind ourselves of the marvelous works God has done in our lives, and begin to praise His Name.

Cast out any thought that is contrary to God’s Holy Word. Do not let the devil or other people mislead us.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

February 23, 2024

Happy Friday,

Slow To Anger

There is no one stronger than God. It is in His great mercy that He is slow to anger. With just one breath, He could wipe out every person on this earth. In His loving kindness, He gives us so many chances to get saved.

He shows great mercy and patience to His children. We fail God so many times and yet He does not give up on us. Let us be thankful children and praise His Name daily.

Nahum 1:3

New King James Version

3 The Lord is slow to anger and great in power,
And will not at all acquit the wicked.

The Lord has His way
In the whirlwind and in the storm,
And the clouds are the dust of His feet.

Pray for the children of Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

February 24, 2024

Happy Saturday,

Faith

“Promise #55:

I will reward those who diligently seek Me with a heart of faith.

Hebrews 11:6 (WEB)

Without faith it is impossible to be well pleasing to him,

for he who comes to God must believe that he exists,

and that he is a rewarder of those who seek him.”

We must have a little bit of faith to become a Christian.

“The very foundation of our relationship to God is our faith in Him. If we don't believe that He exists, it will be difficult for us to cultivate a living, loving relationship with Him. Our very salvation comes through our faith as Paul wrote in Ephesians 2:8-9... 8 for by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, that no one would boast.”(WEB)

Even when we are sinners, the Holy Spirit gives us a portion of faith and convicts our hearts of our sins. Each time we reject the Holy Spirit, we kill a bit of that faith. Eventually, the Holy Spirit will no longer reach out to us. Because we have hardened our hearts beyond redemption.

As Christians, we should cultivate our faith in God, tending to our faith as a gardener tends to their gardens. We must not starve our faith, but feed our faith on God’s Holy Word and daily prayers to God.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

February 27, 2024

Happy Tuesday,

Sin Cultivates in The Mind and Heart

Before the action of sin, we allow it to grow in our hearts and minds. The first sin began before Eve and Adam took a bite of the forbidden fruit. God had told them this:

Genesis 2:15-17

New King James Version

15 Then the Lord God took [a]the man and put him in the garden of Eden to tend and keep it. 16 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; 17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you[c] shall surely die.”

Yet, when satan asked about the tree, she said this:

Genesis 3:3

New King James Version

3 but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, ‘You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.’ ”

Eve was so angry with God for withholding that one tree that she added that God said that they could not touch the fruit. She was bitter that God told them not to eat of the fruit. Eve had cultivated the sin of bitterness in her heart.

The Bible said that every evening God came and walked with Adam and Eve. Eve was not able to see how glorious it was that God chose to walk and talked with them. Eve became envious of God.

Genesis 3:4-5

New King James Version

4 Then the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die. 5 For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

The appeal of the fruit was to rebel against God's command and then become like God. Just as Eve told a lie to satan about touching the fruit, satan lied to Eve implying that she would be come like God. Before Adam and Eve they were clothed in righteousness. When they sinned, they were no longer righteous, and their nakedness was revealed. Adam and Eve did not become Gods as satan hinted they would be, but became sinners, bringing sin into the world.

When we are tempted to sin, we should pray to God to help us resist sin and to stop thinking about it. The more we brood over a sin, the more the devil will make a sin appetizing.

James 4:7

Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

February 28, 2024

Happy Wednesday,

Every week there is another tragic murder. People no longer have control of their tempers or their evil tendencies. It is so sad. How do people survive without hope in God?

The longing in my heart for the rapture is stronger than ever. To be with my God, my Savior, and my King is my greatest dream. Let us never cease to pray for God to protect our loved ones and friends from danger. Seek to do God’s will while we are still able. Put our complete trust in God and fear, not.

Pray for the people in Israel. Pray for salvation to come to lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

February 29, 2024

Happy Thursday,

“Promise #58:

Those who overcome will sit with My Son on His throne.

Revelation 3:21 (WEB)

He who overcomes, I will give to him to sit down with me on my throne,

as I also overcame, and sat down with my Father on his throne.

The atonement that we have in Christ is absolutely amazing! When Jesus died on the cross, He exchanged His life for our life, so that His Father could become our Father (John 20:17). In today's promise, we read that Jesus tells the church at Laodicea... That those who overcome will sit with Him on His throne just as He sits with Father on His Father's throne.”

Life can be hard, but we cannot even comprehend how glorious, Heaven will be!

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

March 2, 2024

Happy Saturday,

Run to Jesus

We long for the rapture, because we long to be in the presence of our Lord and Savior. True we are tired and this world seems to get worse every day, but being with our God should be our number one reason for longing for the rapture.

While we are here let us work for God and never forget to pray for those who are lost. Eternity is forever and what we choose in this life will determine where we spend eternity. Continue to pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

March 3, 2024

Blessed Sunday,

Life is Temporal, Eternity is Forever

“Promise #62:

The grass will dry up and flowers will fail but My Word will endure forever.

1 Peter 1:24-25 (WEB)

24 For, “All flesh is like grass, and all of man’s glory like the flower in the grass.

The grass withers, and its flower falls; 25 but the Lord’s word endures forever.”

This is the word of Good News which was preached to you.”

If you are like me you have wasted many hours in your life worrying and getting upset over what you can now see as trivial matters. Who of us has not panicked over not being able to find our car keys?

How much time have we wasted trying to impress someone, who really did not care about us?

Yet, we often neglect the most important thing and that is our relationship with God. We cannot please everyone. Let us do our best to treat everyone fairly but concentrate on pleasing our Heavenly Father, first and foremost.

Pray for the people of Israel. Pray for those who are lost.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

March 4, 2024

Happy Monday,

Pray for Strength From God

“By faith, we also receive Jesus as the One who dwells in our hearts. As Paul wrote, “I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong” (Ephesians 3:16–17 nlt).
Not a casual visitor, Jesus is an empowering permanent resident of all who follow Him. May we open wide the doors of our hearts and welcome Him.”

Why is it that some Christians seem to be stronger than us? It is because, they have strong roots in the Lord. The more time we spend with the Lord, the stronger our roots will be. We must make an effort to spend more time with God. We must make the choice.

I know it is hard sometimes. Life can be overwhelming. We can face troubles on multiple sides at times. This is when we need to draw closer to God more than ever. Seek His face and ask for comfort, encouragement, and strength.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

March 6, 2024

Happy Wednesday,

“Promise #65:

I have chosen the weak things of this world to confound the strong.

1 Corinthians 1:27 (WEB)

but God chose the foolish things of the world that he might put to shame those who are wise.

God chose the weak things of the world, that he might put to shame the things that are strong;”

There is no shame in being weak. Many things can cause us to be weak. Lack of rest, medical conditions, and discouragement are just a few. Yet we are still God’s children. He loves us even in our weaknesses.

God can use us even when we are weak, if we are willing to make ourselves available to God. Come to the lord no matter what condition we are in and trust God is all situations.

Maranatha,

Betty,

I Am Coming Quickly

Back