• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Thoughts from an old lady

June 7, 2023

Happy Wednesday,

Magnify the Lord With Me

Let us praise the Lord and worship His lovely Name. Even when we are overwhelmed we can find joy in God our Savior. He is so good to us! His blessings to us will last for eternity.

This world is not our home. Soon we will go to our forever home where we will live in peace and joy forever. Today’s troubles will just be a distant memory. In the midst of troubles, we can rejoice in the glories that await us.

Betty

June 8, 2023

Happy Thursday,

Waiting On The Lord

Daily Prayer for June 8
CHRISTOPH FRIEDRICH BLUMHARDT
The prospect of the righteous is joy, but the hopes of the wicked come to nothing. Proverbs 10:28, NIV
Lord our God, we wait for you night and day. We believe in you and we long for your righteousness. You will answer our prayer. Bless us, we pray. May your name be kept holy and your kingdom come. O Lord our God, may your will be done among the nations. May your will be done in each of us and be plainly seen, as it is in heaven. Look upon the nations. Watch over all humankind. Let a new path be broken so that a peace that passes all understanding may come, a peace from you, the Lord our God. Amen

Waiting on answers from God can seem to take forever. If we are honest with ourselves, we can get right down cranky, waiting for God to answer.

Does, not God realize that we live in an instant world?

Let us be honest with ourselves, would we like a nice juicy steak cooked on a grill or a dried-out one cooked in a microwave? Often the best of things take time and effort.

The same with spirituality. We will not grow healthy spiritual lives in a microwave. Going through trials is hard and often leaves scars but the end result will be worth it all!

Betty

1. “Waiting on the Lord, for the promise given;
    Waiting on the Lord, to send from Heaven;
    Waiting on the Lord, by our faith receiving;
    Waiting in the upper room.
    • Refrain:
      The power! the power!
      Gives vict’ry over sin, and purity within;
      The power! the power!
      The pow’r they had at Pentecost.
  2. Waiting on the Lord, giving all to Jesus;
    Waiting on the Lord, till from sin He frees us;
    Waiting on the Lord for the heav’nly breezes;
    Waiting in the upper room.
  3. Waiting on the Lord, longing to mount higher;
    Waiting on the Lord, having great desire;
    Waiting on the Lord, for the heav’nly fire;
    Waiting in the upper room.”

June 9, 2023

Happy Friday,

Jesus Cares

“Now when they had left the multitude, they took Him along in the boat as He was. And other little boats were also with Him. And a great windstorm arose, and the waves beat into the boat, so that it was already filling. But He was in the stern, asleep on a pillow. And they awoke Him and said to Him, ‘Teacher, do You not care that we are perishing?’”
Mark 4:36-3

Like many families, there are several people in our family with serious health conditions. It is easy to wonder if God is sleeping while we struggle. God is on His throne and He is with us. God wants us to stop struggling and trust Him.

As we get closer to the rapture the devil will continue to work against us but God will always be for us. We may not understand His plans, but understanding His plans is not our job. Trusting Him is our job.

Remember all troubles and trials will be worth it all when we see Jesus.

Do not give up but draw closer to our Heavenly Father.

Betty

June 11, 2023

Blessed Sunday,

Only A Taste Of What Is To Come

“Promise #162:

I have anointed you with My Spirit as a down payment of what is yet to come.

2 Corinthians 1:21-22 (WEB)

21 Now he who establishes us with you in Christ,

and anointed us, is God; 22 who also sealed us,

and gave us the down payment of the Spirit in our hearts.”

We cannot even imagine the wonders that await us in Heaven. For now, we are limited by our corruptible bodies, but one day we will shake off these bodies, and God, Himself, will give us a brand new perfect body.

We will never know any kind of pain again; physical or emotional. We cannot imagine the joy that awaits us when we enter into Heaven’s gates.

Our finite minds cannot even visualize the beauties of Heaven.

The Holy Spirit has sealed us and one day God will call us to our Heavenly Home where all of our trials and earthly losses will just be a long-ago memory.

When the devil attacks us, we need to remind Him what awaits us in Heaven.

We need to remain ourselves that through Christ we are inheriting the glories of Heaven for eternity.

Betty

June 12, 2023

Happy Monday,

We Must Desire

Matthew 5:6

New King James Version

6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
For they shall be filled.

We must have the desire to grow strong in faith and firm in our trust in God. If we are not careful, we can become more concerned with pleasing people than God. It might even take sacrificing our own desires to please God.

When we get to Heaven many of us, including me, will see so many missed opportunities that we let go that we could have made a difference in another’s life. I can be so self-absorbed sometimes, that I miss opportunities to be a blessing to others. We cannot fix the past but we can pray to do better in the present and future.

We must seek opportunities to help others and to work for our Heavenly Father. We must desire to want to grow spiritually and to fulfill the jobs that God has given us for His Kingdom.

Betty

June 13, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

“Walking With A Light”

Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.
Psalm 119:105

This world is being overcome by evil and darkness. I never dreamed that Science would be rejected to accept the lies of the devil. Even today when a body is found, the body is identified as male or female.

The devil is working overtime to confuse people so they are vulnerable to his attacks. If we are not careful we can be tempted to believe the lies of the devil.

Genesis 5:2

New King James Version

2 He created them male and female, and blessed them and called them Mankind in the day they were created.

Self-confusion does not come from God but the devil. This does not mean as Christians we are at liberty to dislike people who are caught up in the devil’s web. We are to love them and pray for them.

God’s Holy Word is a light to show us the truth. We can always trust God’s Word in all things. Pray daily for one another.

Betty

June 16, 2023

Happy Friday,

God Do All Things

“Promise #167:

I am able to do more for you than you could possibly imagine.

Ephesians 3:20 (WEB)

Now to him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly

above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,”

We sometimes doubt that God is going to provide for us. I must admit that after my son died, I started to wonder if God would answer my prayers, because He took my son from me.

Then I realized that God did answer my prayer. Just not the way I wanted. I wanted my son healed on earth, God chose to take him to heaven instead. It still hurts that God made that decision. Yet, I must trust Him.

Perhaps God has made choices in your life that causes you pain. We all have to trust that God knows best. One day we will understand until then we love and trust our Heavenly Father.

Betty

June 17, 2023

Happy Saturday,

Time To Repent

“The time has come,” he said. “The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!” Mark 1:15, NIV

The time is to be saved because the rapture is drawing close. Sadly, as we get closer, people are becoming more angry at God and Christians. They do not see that they are losing their chance to miss the tribulation.

Even worse is they will blame God for their being left behind.

We must keep praying and sharing the message of the Gospel until the last moment. We must give the lost every chance to accept the truth before it is too late.

The Bible says because people reject Jesus they will accept the messenger of satan.

Betty

2 Thessalonians 2:5-12

New King James Version

5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the [a]mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

June 18, 2023

Blessed Sunday,

Happy Father’s Day

No one had a perfect father, but most of us had a father that loved us and did his best to be a great father. Some fathers who started out bad, did their best to make up for it in their older years.

Our Heavenly Father is and always will be our perfect father. We can always trust God. We can be assured that whatever God allows to happen to us, there is a reason for it and someday we will understand.

Betty

The Lord’s Prayer

Our Father who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom and the power, and the glory,
forever and ever.

Amen.

June 19, 2023

Happy Monday,

“He Lives In Us”

BIBLE VERSE OF THE DAY: “Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, ‘Abba, Father.’” – Galatians 4:6
He Lives in You
“Heavenly Father, fill our hearts with your spirit. Let us face the day with the knowledge that you are with us always. Amen.”

As travel through this life every day, we can sometimes feel lonely. Yet, we are never alone if we accepted Jesus as our Savior and Lord. When we repent and give ourselves to God, the Holy Spirit comes and lives within our hearts.

Ephesians 1:13-14

New King James Version

13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who[a] is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

1. The Holy Spirit teaches us.

John 14:25-28

New King James Version

The Gift of His Peace

25 “These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. 26 But the [a]Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 28 You have heard Me say to you, ‘I am going away and coming back to you.’ If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I.

1. The Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin.

John 16:7-8

New King James Version

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. 8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

3. Dwells in Believers and Fills Us

The Holy Spirit is God’s presence in the lives of believers.

“Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in you?” (1 Corinthians 3:16, ESV)

4. Source of Revelation, Wisdom, and Power

“These are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who knows a person’s thoughts except for their own spirit within them? In the same way, no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God” (1 Corinthians 2:10-11).

5. Guides to All Truth and Knowledge of What Is to Come

“But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you” (John 16:13-15).

1. Gives Spiritual Gifts to Believers

1 Corinthians 12:7-11

New King James Version

7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: 8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by [a]the same Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

7. Seal in the Lives of Believers

“And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory” (Ephesians 1:13).

8. Helps in Our Weakness and Intercedes for Us

“In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God” (Romans 8:26-27).

9. Makes Believers New and Grants Us Eternal Life

“But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness. And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you” (Romans 8:10-11).

10. Sanctifies and Enables Good Fruit in Our Lives

Galatians 5:16-21

New King James Version

Walking in the Spirit

16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: [a]adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, [c]murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:22-25

New King James Version

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 [a]gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Betty

Thank you, Christianity for the use of the outline.

June 20, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

Where Is God?

Have you ever felt abandoned by God? You feel your prayers are following on deaf ears. You are not alone. King David, a man that God called after His own heart, questioned where was God.

Psalm 13:1

New King James Version

How long, O Lord? Will You forget me forever?
How long will You hide Your face from me?

Yet David encouraged himself in the Lord:

Psalm 13:5-6

New King James Version

5 But I have trusted in Your mercy;
My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.

6 I will sing to the Lord,
Because He has dealt bountifully with me.

We can also encourage ourselves in the Lord even when God seems to be silent. In these times of silence, our faith is built up in the Lord. We choose to have faith in the silence instead of doubting God.

In times of silence instead of doubting God, continue to do His bidding. Work for God with a heart of love. Use your time wisely instead of grumbling. Walk in the wisdom of God.

Ephesians 5:15-21

New King James Version

Walk in Wisdom

15 See then that you walk [a]circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, 16 redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

17 Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.18 And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit, 19 speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord, 20 giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, 21 submitting to one another in the fear of God.

One day we will understand why God allowed us to go through dark times when we are overwhelmed with tears. Until then keep our eyes on Jesus, the One who died for our redemption.

Betty

June 21, 2023

Happy Wednesday,

Where is Your Gratefulness

When God brought the Israelites out of Egypt, it was not long before the people begin to grumble. God provided food and kept their clothes and shoes in good shape for 40 years. Yet they grumbled about the type of food and when water was scarce.

Before we get to thinking poorly of them we also tend to complain, ourselves. We do not understand why our prayers are not answered immediately or the way we want. We must be willing to accept God’s will even when His will differs from ours. Remind ourselves that God knows best.

Betty

June 22, 2023

Happy Thursday,

“Faith Comes By Hearing”

Romans 10:17

New King James Version

17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Children of God, many of us are growing tired and weary. We do not see why God has not come and gotten us. We see evil growing by leaps and bounds and very little justice.

We must remind ourselves that we are not privy to God’s plans. It is not our place to demand God perform our will. Yet, God is not blind and deaf to our pain and sorrow.

We read God’s Holy Word to build up our faith so that we can stand strong for God even when we have questions. It is easy to say that one day we will understand, but faith in God will help us wait until that time. God will reward us for our faith and trust in Him.

Betty

1 Corinthians 15:58

New King James Version

58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.

June 23, 2023,

Happy Saturday,

“All About Me”

We as human beings have become more concerned about our needs than others. Our comforts and needs are our priority. This is sadly the case, even over the desires of God.

Luke 9:23

New King James Version

Take Up the Cross and Follow Him

23 Then He said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross [a]daily, and follow Me.

Carrying our cross is no longer popular. We want God to give us our best life now. We need to see the big picture and desire to have our best life in eternity when it will last for eternity.

A close relationship with Christ often requires personal sacrifices. This is not pleasant and we often resist it, but God wants us to surrender to His will.

Anything we give up here we will be rewarded in Heaven, for. We can trust God to make everyone right when we enter the gates of Heaven.

Maranatha.

Betty

June 24, 2023

Happy Saturday,

God Still Cares

I have been having these headaches that start at the front of my right ear and goes through my ear and across the right side of my head. These headaches make it hard to think also. I see a doctor about them Monday.

The thing is I have been having these headaches for over six months. I mention them occasionally to the Neurologist but do not press the issue. Why? Because I am afraid of what I will find out.

We can get caught up in fear about many things. Fear about our jobs, the safety of our family, and fear of the future just to name a few. We get so focused on our fears that we can lose sight of God.

Truth is we cannot change what is ahead but we can choose to focus on the goodness of our Heavenly Father. Reminding ourselves whether we live or die, God will be with us.

Betty

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.” - Philippians 4:8

June 27, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

Losing Our Way

As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him.”
Colossians 2:

We all have difficulties in our lives. There are times when we are hit with more than one problem at the same time. We can be so overwhelmed with physical and mental pain that aw lose sight of God.

I myself do not understand why God is allowing me to suffer from dementia while trying to help hubby with his which is worse. At the same time dealing with horrible headaches. I wish I could say that I was righteous enough that I always take the high road, but no. I give in to grumbling and complaining to God just like the Israelites.

We must remind ourselves that God knows our weaknesses better than we do. He sympathizes with our pain and frustrations. We can take our troubles to God. He does hear our prayers. What do we do when the answer does not come right away? We trust God. We show our love for God by trusting Him in all circumstances.

Betty

Proverbs 3:5-6

New International Version

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;

6 in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.[a]

June 28, 2023

Happy Thursday,

How Do We Stand On God’s Promises?

First of all, we must know what they are. If we do not read the Bible we will not know what the promises of God. We must choose to know God’s Word for ourselves.

Secondly, we must trust. The promises mean nothing.. we do not trust God to fulfill His promises. We must choose to trust in God.

Thirdly, we must choose to know God. The more we know God, the stronger our faith in Him, will grow.

Betty

HYMNAL: Standing on the Promises

Listen: https://youtu.be/hPjkmM3F1kw

Author: Russell Kelso Carter

----

1 Standing on the promises of Christ, my King,

Through eternal ages let his praises ring;

Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing,

Standing on the promises of God.

---

Refrain:

Standing, standing,

Standing on the promises of God, my Savior;

Standing, standing,

I'm standing on the promises of God.

---

2 Standing on the promises that cannot fail.

When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,

By the living Word of God I shall prevail,

Standing on the promises of God. [Refrain]

---

3 Standing on the promises of Christ, the Lord,

Bound to him eternally by love's strong cord,

Overcoming daily with the Spirit's sword,

Standing on the promises of God. [Refrain]

---

4 Standing on the promises I cannot fall,

List'ning ev'ry moment to the Spirit's call,

Resting in my Savior as my all in all,

Standing on the promises of God. [Refrain

June 29, 2023

Happy Thursday,

Am I Following God?

In the days we are living in, it is easy to lose our way. Sin is no longer hidden in the dark but paraded down main streets, in children’s shows, and approved of in some of our Schools.

Sadly, some Churches no longer preach again sin and some even promote sin as acceptable. We can find ourselves doubting the truth of God’s Word. Choosing to believe that God has conformed to this world and the world’s view on sin.

God has proven time and time again that He will tolerate sin forever.

Genesis 6

New King James Version

The Wickedness and Judgment of Man

6 Now it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them, 2 that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose.

3 And the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive[a] with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” 4 There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

5 Then [c]the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent[d] of the thoughts of his heart was only evil [e]continually. 6 And the Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. 7 So the Lord said, “I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them.” 8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.

We can not overstate how important it is to stay focused on God and His Word. We are so close to the end of the age of the Church age. It is dangerous to dabble in sin so close to going home.

Betty

1 He leadeth me: O blessed thought!

O words with heavenly comfort fraught!

Whate'er I do, where'er I be,

still 'tis God's hand that leadeth me.

Refrain:

He leadeth me, he leadeth me;

by his own hand he leadeth me:

his faithful follower I would be,

for by his hand he leadeth me.

2 Sometimes mid scenes of deepest gloom,

sometimes where Eden's flowers bloom,

by waters calm, o'er troubled sea,

still 'tis God's hand that leadeth me. Refrain

3 Lord, I would clasp thy hand in mine,

nor ever murmur nor repine;

content, whatever lot I see,

since 'tis my God that leadeth me. Refrain

4 And when my task on earth is done,

when, by thy grace, the victory's won,

e'en death's cold wave I will not flee,

since God through Jordan leadeth me. Refrain

Psalter Hymnal, (Gray)

Author: J. H. Gilmore

July 1, 2023

Happy Saturday,

Live in the Light of God

Ephesians 5:8-9 says, For once you were full of darkness, but now you have light from the Lord. So live as people of light! For this light within you produces only what is good and right and true (NLT).

It is hard to always be good. There are times when we are tired, in pain, or dealing with issues that we become grumpy, irritable, and rude. What do we do, we apologize. We admit we were wrong.

We can trust God to help us in the bad times because He loves us, and He is willing to forgive us. Things are getting worse and we are around angry bitter people. We need to pray that we do not become angry and bitter. Ask God to give us a caring and kind spirit.

Betty

July 2, 2023

Blessed Sunday,

Jesus Is Always With Me

Ephesians 3:17-18

17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,

18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,

Wherever I go, Jesus is with me. The thing is, do I let the Holy Spirit shine through me so others can see God working through me? Am I an example of God’s love?

The truth is sometimes I am, but sometimes I, am the opposite. We do not have to be this way. We can begin the day with prayer and Thanksgiving. We can seek to be rooted in God and established in His love.

The more time we spend with God, the more like Him we will be. We must remember it is a choice, our choice to make. God will not force Himself on us.

What do I want? Who do I want to be like? If we spend too much time enveloped in the world, we will become like the world. Let us choose instead, to be like Jesus.

Betty

Let Me Touch Jesus (Live)

Jimmy Swaggart

translate-icon-bg-yellow.svg

Lyrics for Let Me Touch Jesus (Live) by Jimmy Swaggart

Let me touch Him, let me touch Jesus,

So that others may know and be blessed.

Oh to be His hand extended,

Reaching out to the oppressed,

Let me touch Him, let me touch Jesus,

So that others may know and be blessed.

Oh Lord, am so tired,