• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Thoughts from an old lady

I used to watch him all the time. I have nothing against him. I like David Jeremiah and J.D.Fragg, too.
Betty

July 3, 2023

Happy Monday,

Worry and Trust Do Not Go Together

As Christians, we consider ourselves trusting children of God, yet too often we worry. What if God does not provide for our needs? What if we have an accident? The devil can supply many what if’s for us.

I know what it is like to go through troubles. To lose my child was the worse. Yet even though I do not understand I can still trust that God knows best.

We must choose to trust God in all things. The choice is ours whether to give into the devil’s words or trust God.

Betty

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths

1. Jimmy Swaggart​

1*VtiycyoXlwalm1U8RGs5RA.jpeg

Images via People Magazine/YouTube
What I remember most about Jimmy Swaggart from my childhood was seeing his big plastic-looking face weeping all over my family’s 24-inch Zenith T.V. Boy, could that man put on the waterworks. Swaggart’s story is interesting because he was one of Jim Bakker‘s most vocal critics after the Jessica Hahn scandal broke. I remember when Swaggart famously claimed to have never kissed a woman besides his wife, he was such a devout husband and Christian.

I think we all know where this is going…

Almost immediately, it came to light that Swaggart frequented a number of New Orleans hookers, a sin to which he tearfully confessed on national T.V. to our collective schadenfreude. He paid the small price of humiliating his wife but secured (for the time being) his massive fortune. A fortune that included $12 million a year in salary and over 10K employees.

This would have been the end of it but then he was caught AGAIN with yet another prostitute in 1991. This was the beginning of the end for America’s favorite emotional scam artist.

A few lawsuits and an IRS tax lien later and…well, not much. Swaggart can still be found on television preaching about Jesus while (probably) still boning paid-by-the-hour women on the side.

I no longer watch him. I leave him, for God to judge.
Betty

July 4, 2024

Happy Tuesday,

Happy Independence Day

America was formed by people who wanted to choose their own religion. To worship God in the way they felt in their own heart and spirits.

Americas are not perfect but we have done great things. We have fought alongside other people in two world wars to keep people free. We have also had our share of mistakes.

We started out with good intentions in Vietnam and Afghanistan, only to have our Government lose interest. This does not take away from the fact that men and women fought hard for the freedom of others. Some came home missing parts of their own bodies and others took their last breath fighting for the freedom of the people of these Countries.

With our faults, we can stand proud and salute our Flag, knowing Americans have done their best for America and other Countries. We have fought for the freedom of others. We have sent people to the Mission field to share the Gospel of Jesus. Like in war, many Missionaries died on their battlefields.

When we celebrate today, remind ourselves that everyone who fought for our freedom did not come home. Our freedom was paid for by the blood of many who choose to die rather than surrender. Remember to thank God who has chosen to allow America to be free and independent.

Betty

July 5, 2023

Happy Wednesday,

Worry and Strife

I have been talking about worry a lot lately. As I have said before, we live in worrisome times. Many people are worried about the dollar crashing.

The price of everything is going up.

Parents have additional worries. They worry about their children being indoctrinated in Schools. They worry about them getting mixed up with the wrong crowd. They are concerned about their children being injured or killed.

We must remind ourselves to take our worries and stress to God. Yesterday started out as a bad day. Hubby had dementia, issues. You cannot talk to a person who is convinced something happened that did not.

I say this so you can see I know what worry and stress are all about. Last night hubby was himself again. God does hear our prayers. He does care about our situations.

Whatever happens in the future God will be with us. We can trust God throughout all things. Let’s face it we will have times when we stress and worry. There is no shame in giving into worry and stress, but just do not stay there. Reach out to God for help.

Betty

July 6, 2023

Happy Thursday,

What is the Greatest Commandment?

Matthew 22:36-46

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’

38 This is the first and greatest commandment.

39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

If we keep these two commandments, we will keep them all. To be a Christian we must love God and put Him first above all. If we live in the righteousness of Christ, we will keep all ten commandments.

Betty

July 8, 2023

Happy Saturday,

Choose To Be Faithful

Joshua 24:15

New King James Version

15 And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of [a]the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”

We must choose to be faithful. God is not going to force, us. God does not force salvation anyone. Any person who goes to hell, chose to refuse salvation. No one goes to Heaven or hell by accident. Each person makes their own personal choice.

Romans 10:9-10

King James Version

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Betty

July 9, 2023

Blessed Sunday,

Encourgagement

“For whatever was written in earlier times was written for our instruction, so that through perseverance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope” (Romans 15:4, NASB).

The Bible was written to show us the way to God. From the very beginning, the Bible shows us that we need a Savior. The Bible shows us the Savior is Jesus.

The Bible is a great source of encouragement. The Bible gives us hope not only for today but for our future in Heaven. Encouragement and hope are important in this generation.

Betty

July 10, 2023

Happy Monday,

WELCOME Home, My Good and Faithful Servant

There was a time when my motivation for being a Christian was not going to hell. Then my motivation became enjoying the glorious beauties of Heaven.

Now my motivation is to hear God say to me:

Matthew 25:21

King James Version

21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant:

Do not get me wrong, I still look forward to seeing my son again and all the relatives of mine that have passed on. Walking on the streets of gold will still be a marvelous sight. I am looking forward to walking into my new home in Heaven. Yet, it will all pale compared to hearing my God say that He is proud of me.

I still stumble and I still occasionally have to ask God for forgiveness when I lose my temper. I will never be perfect in this body, but I still long to live in a way that will make God proud of me.

Betty

July 11, 2023

Happy Tuesday.

“Sincere Heart and Sure Faith”

Daily Prayer for July 11
CHRISTOPH FRIEDRICH BLUMHARDT
“So let us come near to God with a sincere heart and a sure faith, with hearts that have been purified from a guilty conscience and with bodies washed with clean water. Hebrews 10:22, TEV
Lord our God, grant us true unity with your Son Jesus Christ, so that his power can be revealed in us and we may find new life in which we can truly serve you. Protect us from all error. Be among us with your Spirit to make us people who are genuine. Let your will be carried out more and more in this age. Let your will again intervene so that a new creation may come, a new heaven and a new earth, as we have been promised. May your name be great among us, may your kingdom come and everything in heaven and on earth be done according to your will. “Amen

Wishy-Washy faith will not get us into Heaven. It will not even help us in this life. We must determine to believe in God with all our hearts. We must determine to worship God in the good and the bad times.

When we determine to serve God through it all, He will give us peace. Even when we feel overwhelmed, we can ask God for peace. God loves us and He wants to grant us peace.

Betty

July 12, 2023

Happy Wednesday,

He Wants To Be Our Friend

1 Corinthians 12

New King James Version

Spiritual Gifts: Unity in Diversity

12 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I do not want you to be ignorant: 2 You know that[a] you were Gentiles, carried away to these dumb idols, however you were led. 3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus [c]accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.

4 There are [d]diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works [e]all in all. 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: 8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by [f]the same Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

The Holy Spirit has many gifts that He gives to believers to help us accomplish the mission God has given us. We do not all have the same mission but, we all need the Holy Spirit to help us succeed in our mission.

Did you know the Holy Spirit wants to be our friend?

The friendship of the Lord is for those who fear him, and he makes known to them his covenant.” Psalm 25:14

When we become saved the Holy Spirit moves into our soul. The Holy Spirit knows us better than anyone. He wants to guide us and help us, but the person who grieves the Holy Spirit is in grave danger.

Ephesians 4:30

And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

The Holy Spirit is a part of the Godhead. When we grieve the Holy Spirit, we grieve God. When we live in a way that pleases God, we are pleasing all of the Godhead, including the Holy Spirit.

Betty

July 14, 2023

Happy Friday,

Tired and Weary

I did not have it in me to write my blog yesterday. I felt empty with nothing to give. We all have days when we feel our cups empty. It is not because God has abandoned us.

It is because we live in a corruptible body that is acceptable to illnesses and mental depression. I am not talking about the illness of depression, but the blues that can affect us for a day or two. Sometimes it is okay to give into the blues and just take a day or two to rest our bodies and minds. We must not stay there in the dumps but move on after we have rested.

Our time on this earth is coming to an end but God will be with us every day that we are here. He will give us the strength to carry on in a world where the Christian faith is no longer respected. We must remember that we are not called to be people-pleasers, but God-pleasers. Do not give up but serve God with dedication and determination.

Betty

July 16, 2023

Happy Saturday,

“On Christ Alone”

We can go through things that knock us off our feet. We can be hit with physical, emotional, and financial blows. We can lose our way in life. Yet, when we choose to come to Christ for help, He will give us hope for another day.

We may not immediately be removed from our circumstances but God will be with us through the choppy waters and scary winds. We need not give up when we trust in Christ our solid rock.

Betty

In Christ Alone Lyrics

[Verse 1]

In Christ alone my hope is found

He is my light, my strength, my song

This cornerstone, this solid ground

Firm through the fiercest drought and storm

What heights of love, what depths of peace

When fears are stilled, when strivings cease

My comforter, my all in all

Here, in the love of Christ, I stand

[Verse 2]

In Christ alone, who took on flesh

Fullness of God in helpless babe

This gift of love and righteousness

Scorned by the ones He came to save

'Til on that cross, as Jesus died

The wrath of God was satisfied

For every sin, on Him, was laid

Here, in the death of Christ, I live

[Instrumental Break]

[Verse 3]

There in the ground, His body lay

Light of the world, by darkness, slain

Then bursting forth in glorious day

Up from the grave, He rose again

And as He stands in victory

Sin's curse has lost its grip on me

For I am His and He is mine

Bought with the precious blood of Christ

render.gif

Instrumental Break]

[Verse 4]

No guilt in life, no fear in death

This is the power of Christ in me

From life's first cry to final breath

Jesus commands my destiny

No power of Hell, no scheme of man

Can ever pluck me from His hand

'Til He returns or calls me home

Here, in the power of Christ, I'll stand

[Outro]

No power of Hell, no scheme of man

Can ever pluck me from His hand

'Til He returns or calls me home

Here, in the power of Christ, I'll stand

July 16, 2023

Blessed Sunday,

I read about a Actor I had admired who died this year. His caregiver said that his last two words were profanity. It doesn’t sound like he was entering the gates of Heaven when he died.

This got me thinking about the millions of people who spend their lives seeking fame and fortune, not realizing they are on a road to hell. All the riches and fame on this earth are not worth eternity in hell.

The sacrifices we make in this life are worth it all when we see it, Jesus, and we enter into Heaven.

Betty

July 17, 2023

Happy Monday,

Sow Love

No matter how our physical bodies are, we can be sowing love into the lives of others. A text or email of encouragement and a reminder that God loves the recipient can be a ministry of love.

Do not forget to sow love in your own home. We can easily become frustrated with our mates, especially when we both are old and cranky. This is when we need to pray for God to help us.

Young children can be tiring and no matter how much we love them, we can become short-tempered with them. There are times we need to ask God and them for forgiveness and give them a big hug.

Let us pray that God will help us sow love every day.

Betty,

Galatians 6:8

8 Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

July 18, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

God’s protection

“Promise #199:

I will blanket My protection over all who trust in Me.

Psalm 5:11 (WEB)

But let all those who take refuge in you rejoice,

Let them always shout for joy, because you defend them.

Let them also who love your name be joyful in you.”

We are surrounded by the protection of God in this world and in Heaven. There is no need to fear, for we can be secure in the arms of God. We are sometimes hit with unexpected tragedies, financial difficulties, and health issues. Yet remind ourselves that God has not abandoned nor forsaken us.

Trust in God in all circumstances. Praise His Name even when we walk down hard uncharted roads. Remember our future is in Heaven. Where there will be more joy than we can imagine.

Betty

July 19, 2023

Happy Wednesday,

“The Word Became Flesh”

John 1:14

The Word Becomes Flesh

14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

As long as we live on this earth, we can not comprehend the sacrifice Jesus made in leaving Heaven to live on earth. Even if we picture a person living on a mountain in a mansion with an ocean view and then downsizing to a one-room shack in the sticks, we could not comprehend the sacrifice that the Lord Jesus made to pay for the redemption of mankind.

Sadly millions and millions of people choose their own selfish desires over salvation and eternity in Heaven.

Betty

July 20, 2023

Happy Thursday,

Living in the Blessed Hope

“For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.”

Every day we should live in the blessed hope of the rapture. We cannot control what will happen in our lives but we can choose to have hope knowing that the God who saved us from our sins, is coming for us soon.

Knowing the rapture is a real event and that Jesus is indeed coming for His children, gives us hope to survive each trial and burden. Because we have hope we can continue onward for God.

Paul said for us to comfort ourselves and others with the knowledge that the Scripture is true. The rapture is not a pipe dream, but a sincere promise from God.

Betty

July 21, 2023

Happy Friday,

We Long For Thee, Oh Lord

Daily Prayer for July 21
CHRISTOPH FRIEDRICH BLUMHARDT
“My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young – a place near your altar, Lord Almighty, my King and my God. Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you. Psalm 84:2–4, NIV
Lord God, our souls long for you and for your glory, for the day when it shall be said, "All is accomplished! Now your kingdom comes. Now your day appears. When we look back on all that has happened to us, everything becomes clear." We thank you that we can live without fear, again and again refreshed and renewed, waiting for the good you give on earth. Show us the way we have to go. Grant your blessing in our hearts so that in need and death, in fear and distress, we may always have light and strength. You are our salvation, Lord our God. From you comes the salvation of our souls. We trust you today and every day. We praise your name, and in you we hope for the day you hold in readiness for the whole world, the day when light will dawn in every heart. “Amen

We long for the coming of the Lord, when will be physically in His presence. When we will know Him, fully as we cannot on this earth! Our hopes and dreams are in Him.

So many things on this earth we cannot understand. One day the unknown will be made known to us. We will know why God allowed us to go through suffering. We will understand the path He put us on.

Until that day, trust in God. Worship and praise God every day and rejoice in His presence.

Betty

July 22, 2023

Happy Saturday,

Sure-Footed

“Promise #203:

I will strengthen you with feet like a deer so you can reach great heights.

Habakkuk 3:19 (WEB)

Yahweh, the Lord, is my strength.

He makes my feet like deer’s feet,

and enables me to go in high places.”

It is important that we be sure-footed in our Christian walk. The devil would like to make us wander from a faithful walk into a path of confusion and doubts.

The longer the devil can keep us walking in confusion and doubts the less contributions we can make to the Kingdom of God. We can get caught up in our own desires and less concerned about God’s will. If we are not careful we can find ourselves choosing to camp out in selfishness and seeking our own desires.

This is not the time to live for self. This is the time to choose to live for God. We need to have a desire to make God happy. No one ever said that the Christian life would be easy. Yet too many of us are more concerned about self-comfort than pleasing our Savior.

Betty

Back