• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Thoughts from an old lady

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 19, 2023

Happy Wednesday,

In The Midst of The Storm

“Promise #109:

My gentleness will enlarge your life.

2 Samuel 22:36 (WEB)

You have also given me the shield of your salvation.

Your gentleness has made me great.”

Storms of life are a given. There are times that we go through days that feel like we are in a hurricane. Yet, in the midst of this, we feel the Lord's gentle spirit cover us with His love.

How glorious to feel God cover us in His love! To know that to Him we are important. That our lives matter to Him. He is not blind to our struggles.. He sees and He cares for us. We are not alone. God is with us. He will carry us through to the end.

Keep our eyes on Jesus and the victory ahead. Pray pray pray!

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 20, 2023

Happy Thursday,

When I Do Not Have The Answers

There are times when we are at a crossroads and we do not which way to turn. We can become frozen in place, afraid to commit to anything. What should we do?

Jeremiah 33:3

‘Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know.’

God will answer our petitions. We may have to wait a few days or even weeks, but if we spend this time in praying and reading God’s Word, the time is not wasted.

Psalm 17:6

I have called upon You, for You will answer me, O God;

Incline Your ear to me, hear my speech.

Trust God in all situations. Remind yourself of the many answers to prayer in the past. Praise God for being there when you needed Him. Remember we can trust God in the present and the future.

Whatever battles we fight today, our future is brighter than we can even imagine. Keep our eyes focused on Jesus and trust in Him in all situations and circumstances.

2 Peter 3:13

New King James Version

13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

Maranatha,

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 22, 2023

Happy Saturday,

Ask God For Wisdom

“Promise #112:

Ask Me for wisdom and I will generously give it to you.

James 1:5 (WEB)

But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God,

who gives to all liberally and without reproach; and it will be given to him.’

In this world today we need wisdom, more than ever. There seems to be a new scam every month to trick us out of our money. We can not trust some Pastors and Christian Teachers. Everything that comes out of politicians' mouths is not true. Even the news is not always correct.

That is not all! We need the wisdom from God to help us make the right decisions. We need the wisdom to avoid the pits of sin. We do not have to beg God for wisdom, just ask in faith.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 23, 2023

Blessed Sunday,

Be Kind

Ephesians 4:32

And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.

“While waiting for a train at a station in Atlanta, Georgia, a young man wearing dress pants and a button-down shirt sat on a bench. As he struggled with his tie, an older woman encouraged her husband to help. When the elderly man hunched over and began teaching the young man how to knot the tie, a stranger took a photo of the trio. When this photo went viral online, many viewers left comments about the power of random acts of kindness.”

There are many opportunities to be kind to others, if we look for them. A simple act of kindness can change the day for another person and may even change our attitudes for the good.

Pray for God to help us grow more loving, compassionate, and caring children of God. May we be a beacons of God’s love!

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 25, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

Being Convicted

Have you ever listened to a Sermon on Sunday only to find your self convicted on Monday?

The Pastor talked about directional prayer. This is when we petition God and then proceed to tell God exactly how to answer our prayer.

I was praying today and before you know it, I was giving suggestions to God on how to answer my prayer. As soon as the Holy Spirit convicted me, I sought forgiveness from God.

When we pray let us be willing to accept God’s Will in His answer.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 26, 2023

Happy Wednesday,

Seek God First

“Promise #116:

Seek My kingdom first and everything you need will be given to you.

Luke 12:31 (WEB)

But seek God’s Kingdom,

and all these things will be added to you.”

We spend so much time worrying about so many little things. Time striving to accumulate things. When all we need to do is trust God and rest in His love. He will provide for our needs.

The Lord is merciful and kind to us in so many ways, let us praise His Name daily.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 27, 2023

Happy Thursday,

Walk in the Spirit

We must not be naive. We are not yet in our glorified bodies. Our bodies are corruptible. Not only by illness but also by desires which are often contrary to God’s Will.

We must control the lust of our bodies that can lead us into sin. The biggest is pride. Pride can make us think we are beyond temptation. The Bible warns us of this.

1 Corinthians 10:12

New King James Version

12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.

This does not mean to live in fear but be aware. The devil is always watching us and he knows our weaknesses. We need to keep our eyes on Jesus and pray daily for God to help us walk in the Spirit.

Betty

Galatians 5:16-23

New King James Version

Walking in the Spirit

16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: [a]adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, [c]murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 [d]gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 28, 2023

Happy Friday,

How Do We Cope?

Daily Prayer for April 28
CHRISTOPH FRIEDRICH BLUMHARDT
“You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Psalm 16:11, NIV
Dear Father in heaven, you show us the way of life; in your presence is fullness of joy, and at your right hand is delight forever. In your presence we want to rejoice together as your children, under your protection. May we become firm in every part of our life on earth. Grant that soon something of your kingdom, of your heaven, may encircle us like a blessing, enabling us to fight on in joy and exultation. We entrust ourselves to you, our faithful and loving God, and we thank you. Amen”

There is a lot of stress in this world. Sometimes there is a lot of stress in our own homes. Both, my hubby and I have dementia. His is much further along than mine, but we are both easily irritated.

When we are having bad days, I seek help from God. Whatever your struggles, God wants you to call out to Him for help, to seek God’s face in the midst of your difficulties. There is no shame in seeking help from our Heavenly Father. He wants to call on Him when we are in need of help.

Do not be alarmed about what is happening in this world. As the saying goes:” the world is not falling apart but falling into place”. The world is being prepared to face judgment and it will not be long until God calls His children Home.

Keep looking up for the prize of eternity in Heaven with God.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 29, 2023

Happy Saturday,

The Blessings To Come

1 John 3:2

New King James Version

2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

We cannot fathom the wonders that await us in Heaven. We do not even know what we look like with our glorified bodies. I am quite sure we will be perfect without any scars or blemishes.

We get so caught up in today's troubles that we forget the glorious future we have waiting for us in Heaven. Let us remind ourselves of our future home and rejoice that God loves us so much that He has created a perfect home for us.

Betty

1 Corinthians 2:9

New King James Version

9 But as it is written:

“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”

Isaiah 64:4, NLT For since the world began, no ear has heard and no eye has seen a God like you, who works for those who wait for him!

Psalm 31:19, ESV Oh, how abundant is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you and worked for those who take refuge in you, in the sight of the children of mankind!

Isaiah 25:9, NIV In that day they will say, “Surely this is our God; we trusted in him, and he saved us. This is the LORD, we trusted in him; let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation.”

Isaiah 40:28-29, ESV Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength.

Betty52

Advanced Poster
May 1, 2023

Happy Monday,

The Fruit of the Spirit

Happy to say that both hubby and I made it to Church yesterday. It is great to be in Church but I miss a lot because of my the way my brain affects my sleep.

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
Galatians 5:22-23

It would be so wonderful if we exhibited all the fruits of the Spirit every day. We still live in corruptible bodies and there are times that we react in anger and we can be brash with our answers.

Thankfully we serve a merciful God who is quite willing to forgive us our transgressions. We can pray to be more like God and more loving.

There is so much anger in this world. In Texas, a man killed a woman and her baby just because they asked him not to shoot his rifle in his front yard because it made their baby cry. Every day there seems to be another mass shooting. The devil is building up hate and violence in people. Pray for our safety and the soon return of Jesus.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
May 2, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

Love is Essential

We cannot live a Christian life without love. Human relationships do not last without love. Love is the glue that holds relationships together. Love helps us forgive one another.

1 Corinthians 13

The Greatest Gift

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor,and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

Paul tells us that if we do many works for God but do not have love in our hearts then we have done our work in vain.

Matthew 22:34-40

New King James Version

The Scribes: Which Is the First Commandment of All?

34 But when the Pharisees heard that He had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together. 35 Then one of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, and saying, 36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”

37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

We need to love one another and have compassion for one another. A loving heart comes from God. With so much evil in this world, it is easy to be so angry at people that we begin not to care.

Remember the news only showcase the evil. Rarely do they show the good that people do. We must remember that evil people have been influenced by the devil. While we hate the evil they do, we can still have pity on them and pray for their souls. Eternity in hell is a high price for choosing evil over Jesus, but too many make that choice.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
May 3, 2023

Happy Wednesday,

Secured in the Lord

“Promise #123:

All your days are known to Me and your inheritance is secure forever.

Psalm 37:18 (WEB)

Yahweh knows the days of the perfect.

Their inheritance shall be forever.”

It is so easy to get caught up in our own problems and the problems of this world that we may lose sight of what is important. My friends, we do not want these to be our best days. God help us if these are our best days.

Our best days will be in Heaven when we can see and talk to Jesus, face to face. No longer will we suffer pain and illnesses. We will walk and run in our perfect bodies that will never be acquainted with sin. Praise God!

Yet, God has not abanded us to this world of evil. He walks with us everyday. Dealing with dementia I have times of confusion but God is so kind that He still uses me for His glory. We need not fear the days ahead. God knows the future and He will provide for us what we need. It is so important that we put our complete trust in God and honor God not just with our mouths but with our actions.

May God bless everyone who reads this and give them a special blessing today.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
May 4, 2023

Happy Thursday,

Prayer Is Essential To A Christian

Matthew 26:41

Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

To live a life in this sinful world, prayer must be as much a part of our day as eating. Just as our bodies must be fed, so must our souls. We feed our souls with God’s Holy Word and communion in prayer with God.

We can become complacent thinking we have this Christian living down pact. Yet it does not matter how long we have been a Christian, we can still stumble and fall.

Stumbling and falling are harder to take when we have been a Christian along time. We can literally be shocked when we sin. No one on this earth has it made.

When we neglect spending time with God, we open ourselves up to temptation. When we sin this allows doubts to enter our minds. I am not saying we will ever be perfect, but communicating with God daily will help us resist temptation.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 5, 2023

Happy Friday,

How Do We Pray, When We Don’t Know What

To Say?

We start out with sincere praise to God. Thank Him, for the years that you have been allowed to live. Thank Him for giving you a place to live and food to eat.

As you begin to praise God, He will bring to your mind all the times that He was there for you. Then God will bring to your mind, people who are in need. Then you will have the privilege to pray for them.

As we live here waiting for the rapture it is important for us to pray often and seek to serve God here on earth. We are His children and it should be considered a privilege for us to work for the one who fufilled the plan to save us from an eternity in hell.

Praise the Lord in words and our actions.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 6, 2023

Happy Saturday,

Guide Me In Your Will

Psalm 73:24

New King James Version

24 You will guide me with Your counsel,
And afterward receive me to glory.

As God’s children, it should be important for us to walk in the will of God. We should want to serve Him, will a glad heart, grateful for all He has done for us.

The world has many distractions that can take our eyes off of God. We can easily be distracted. It is easier to stay in God’s will when we start our day with prayer.

We can pray that God will use us to help and encourage others. It should be our desire to be a blessing to others. Pray for one another. Praise God for His goodness and greatness.

Keep looking up for our redemption drawth neigh.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
May 7, 2023

Blessed Sunday,

My Word Will Brighten Your Steps

“Promise #127:

My Word will brighten your steps and light your path.

Psalm 119:105 (WEB)

Your word is a lamp to my feet,

and a light for my path.”

I have always seen this verse as God lightening our path, when we are lost and afraid. Yet, there is another meaning. When we are overcome with the darkness around us and depression sets in, we can go to God’s Holy Word.

God wants to build us up and strengthen our faith. Faith gets us through dark days and nights. When we trust God, He will hold our hands, and give us courage, and peace.

God’s Holy Word is a light to our path, a map to our final destination. We need not fear the chaos around us because our God is in control. I admit I do not read the Bible as often as I should have. May we make our point to spend more time praying and reading the Holy Word of God.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
May 8, 2023

Happy Monday,

“God Is Our Refuge and Strength”

Daily Prayer for May 8
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble...The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Psalm 46:1, 7, RSV
Lord, Almighty God of heaven and earth, grant that we may come to you as your children. For you have chosen us through the gospel, and Jesus Christ has obtained mercy for us so that in you we have a refuge in disturbed and evil times. We turn to your Word, Lord God, rejoicing that again and again the whole of Christendom is led back to your Word. Strengthen all those who serve your Word, who look to you and to the grace of Jesus Christ. Grant that everywhere we may have hope and joy in the redemption you will bring in every situation, also in our ordinary practical life. Grant that through this redemption the earth may proclaim your praise and honor your name, your kingdom may come, and your will be done on earth as in heaven. Amen”

We suffer needlessly because we forget who our source is. God is the owner of everything. With just a word from His mouth, He could make every living thing on Earth disappear and gather all the wealth on Earth and proclaim it as His.

Yet, we live in fear of what is happening in the world today. Our Heavenly Father will provide for our needs. We are in His hands. He will take care of us. We need not fear.

We see things playing out just as God said it would. He told us in Scripture so we would be prepared mentally and not wonder if God had left His throne.

My friends, fear not. God is still in control and we can still trust Him in all things.our hope is in God and not in mankind.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
May 12, 2023

Happy Friday,

Obey God, Because We Love Him

Daily Prayer for May 12
Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.” John 14:23, NIV
Lord our God, we thank you that we can be children of your Spirit. We thank you that because you have called us, we receive eternal gifts that enable us to stand firm even when many sorrows and burdens weigh us down. For you are our life, and in all the darkness, even that of death, you give us light and strength and joyful hope. Keep these alive in us. May an ever brighter light shine on all that you have already put into our hearts, on all that draws us daily to you. Amen

When we had a special Teacher that we liked very much, we sought to please this teacher. If we love God we will seek to honor God in all of our ways. Pleasing God will be important to us.

We will want to obey God. His laws will not be a page of rules to us, but we will want to live the way, God wants us to live. We will strive to obey His teachings out of our love for Him. Love will guide us and not fear.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
May 13, 2023

Happy Saturday,

A Good Conscience

Acts 24:15-16

New King James Version

15 I have hope in God, which they themselves also accept, that there will be a resurrection [a]of the dead, both of the just and the unjust. 16 This being so, I myself always strive to have a conscience without offense toward God and men.

It is good to have a good conscience so that we do not bring shame to our family and God. When we sin against man, let us be quick to sincerely apologize and repent to God. This will free us from satan sabotaging us with guilt.

When we seek to live free from sin we will be more at peace. We will not be under bondage. Seek to walk with God daily and pray for spiritual guidance in all things.

Betty