• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Roman Catholicism

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
I don't need to. You are the one making the claim.

And now you are demand a negative proof claim, meaning with a proof it isn't true it is true..

Well, it does not work that way in law, logic, debate, etc. The one making the claim has to prove their case. Saying it does not say the negative is proof is nonsense.

My verse proof is that your claims are never said anywhere in the Bible. That is a Biblical proof.

Mungo

Getting Started
I don't need to. You are the one making the claim.

And now you are demand a negative proof claim, meaning with a proof it isn't true it is true..

Well, it does not work that way in law, logic, debate, etc. The one making the claim has to prove their case. Saying it does not say the negative is proof is nonsense.

My verse proof is that your claims are never said anywhere in the Bible. That is a Biblical proof.

So you don't need Bible quotations - your word is enough!

And I have given many Bible quotes that prove my case which as usual you ignore.

God bless.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
I covered the verses and showed how you changed them to something they did not say.

I posted the definition, but you rewrote it.

I showed the Church is not built on petros, but petra, Christ.

You gave zero verses saying Peter is given a throne. Zero that Peter was given extraordinary power and authority.You make huge leaps from non relevant verses and issues.

The problem here is with you and your RCC indoctrination. Not with me.

We are running in circles, accomplishing nothing.

Illuminator

DIFFERENCES between the Catholic Church and Cults

Catholic Church
The Catholic Church has sources of authority other than the leader (the Pope), such as the Bible, Councils, Church Law, and writings by other Catholic authorities.

Cults
The leader is the sole source of authority for the group.

Catholic Church
A new member clearly knows what the organization is that he (she) is joining,is warned in advance about what is expected, and what he (she) can and cannot do, often has to wait for several months to a year before joining the Church to make sure that the obligations of being a Catholic are understood.

Cults
A new member is deliberately deceived about the obligations of belonging to the group. Cult recruits often attend a cult activity, are lured into "staying for a while," and soon find that they have joined the cult for life, or as one group requires, members sign up for a "billion year contract...." , is not warned in advance about what is expected, and what he (she) can and cannot do, is often duped into joining a cult during the course of a weekend, which was supposed to be a fun weekend with some new friends, or it could even have been advertised as a weekend seminar to quit smoking or lose weight.

A member of the Catholic Church retains freedom of politics, friends, family association, selection of spouse, and information access to television, radio, reading material, telephone, and mail.

Cults restrict the access that members have to outside sources of information, and tell cult members that their families and former friends are "evil" or "sinners" because they don't belong to the cult.

A member of the Catholic Church is told to remain in the Church, but is never physically forced to remain.

Members of a religious cult are physically forced, if necessary, to remain in the group. Sometimes group members who try to leave are kidnapped and brought back to the group. Members the cult group in Jonestown Guyana who tried to resist the order from Jim Jones to commit suicide were gunned down by other cult members.

Medical and dental care are available, encouraged, and permitted for members of the Catholic Church. History shows that the Catholic Church was the first one to build hospitals, and provided free medical care to those who could not afford it.

Many cults discourage and sometimes forbid medical care.

Catholic ChurchTraining and education received in Catholic schools are usable later in life. History shows that the Catholic Church was the one building schools and universities when no-one else was during the so-called "Dark Ages."

Cults do not necessarily train a person in anything that has any value in the greater society.

In the Catholic Church, public records are kept. Members have access to their own records.

Cult records, if they exist, are confidential, hidden from members, and not shared.

A system of Church Law is provided within the Catholic Church. A Church member can also utilize legal and law enforcement agencies and other representatives of the civil law if needed.

In cults, there is only the closed, internal system of justice, with no appeal or recourse to outside support.

Families of Church members talk and deal directly with Catholic schools. Children may attend Catholic or non-Catholic schools.

In cults, children, child rearing, and education are often under the absolute control of the cult leader.

Catholicism respects the laws of the land. The Catholic Church negotiates a concordat with the government of every nation, in which the Church and the state agree upon any exemptions from the civil law that are available to Church members.

Cults consider themselves above the law, and are a law unto themselves, and cult leaders are accountable to no one, not even their members.

A Church member gets to keep his (her) money, property, gifts and inheritances. Pope Leo XIII wrote defending private property in his encyclical "Rerum Novarum," May 15, 1891.

In many cults, members are expected to turn over to the cult all money and worldly possessions.

Rational behavior is valued in the Catholic Church. Elsewhere we have proven that the Catholic Church has condemned those who discourage the use of reason and rational thinking. Cults discourage members from thinking independently, and their normal thought processes are stifled and broken.

The right for members of the Catholic Church to make suggestions and offer criticism to Church leaders is protected by Church Law.

The cult leader is always right, and the members who disagree, as well as all outsiders, are always wrong. Members who criticize the leader are ridiculed and often treated violently, or may simply be expelled from the group.

Church members cannot be used for medical and psychological experiments without their informed consent.

Cults essentially perform psychological experiments on their members through implementing so-called thought-reform processes without members' knowledge or consent.

Reading, education, and knowledge are encouraged by the Catholic Church. It was the Catholic Church that preserved books and learning, and which founded the first universities, and which brings education wherever Catholic missionary effort goes.

If cults do any education, it is only in their own teachings. Members come to know less and less about the outside world; contact with or information about life outside the cult is sometimes openly frowned upon, if not forbidden.

The Catholic Church looks for new members among all races and classes of people. The Church does not concentrate their search for new members among the lonely and the vulnerable and the wealthy.

Cults do not look for new members with equal effort among all races and classes of people. Cult concentrate their recruiting efforts among certain groups: Cults target the lonely and the vulnerable.
Cults target rich individuals.

In the Catholic Church, physical fitness is never discouraged. In some monastic orders, like the Dominicans, physical fitness exercises are mandatory.

Cults rarely encourage fitness or good health, except perhaps for members who serve as security guards or thugs.

Adequate and properly balanced nourishment is never discouraged by the Catholic Church. Catholic religious orders make balanced meals at regularly scheduled times mandatory for all members.

Many cults encourage or require unhealthy and bizarre diets. Typically, because of intense work schedules, lack of funds, and other cult demands, cult members are not able to maintain healthy eating habits.

In the Catholic Church, many methods of instruction and education are used, but brainwashing, or thought-reform, is not used.

Heather Frank

restricted access
The only thing I really have to say about Catholicism is that I studied some Latin Language, and after a while I figured out the difference between the meaning of catholic and the meaning of secular. Catholic in a logic book means universal or always true in every case. In the way we understand it today, that comes from Augustine. But in the classics, it's almost like a Hebrew in the census of the Book of Numbers. Rome was very nationalist, and if it was a universal truth to the pagans, it was true for all of Rome, but not for others, the world out side of catholic Rome, which meant all Romans universally regardless of legal status, that was the secularism, meaning the rest of the world, but not Rome. In a way, what that means is that Rome has always been catholic, Rome was always all things to all Romans. It was the state, giving laws and dictating religious practices, and minting the coin and so on, anything a nation does. The secular, defined in Horace, included histories outside of Rome, but if you read Horace that's pretty limited, he give an honor to Greece, but not to north Africa. So catholic was only inside the fort, the enclosure, the pale, but with secular, you saw the other countries, it was ok to admire some and even learn from some history, but not all. In modern American terms, when you look at the ancient Latin writings, if its catholic, that's domestic issues, but secular is for foreign relations.

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
The Catholic Church steals the word Catholic from the Bible. In the Bible it means universal. It does not mean the Roman catholic church.The RCC does not exist anywhere in the Bible.

Heather Frank

restricted access
The Catholic Church steals the word Catholic from the Bible. In the Bible it means universal. It does not mean the Roman catholic church.The RCC does not exist anywhere in the Bible.
If you say so. But that has to have been a Latin translation of the Bible, because it can't have come from the Hebrew text, since catholic is a Latin adjective, it's not a Hebrew word at all. I'd be more than interested to know from which Hebrew word Leo V translated catholic in the Clementine source material.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Biblically the Latin translation doesn't mean squat for Bible study. Greek, Aramaic and Hebrew do.The Greek word you are looking for is καθολικός (katholikos), Which means universal. You seriously need to stop worrying about Latin for Bible study. It is irrelevant.