• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

What is the Bible about?

Habib F
·
Follow
African in America4y
Related
Was Jesus Christ Jewish?

Of course, he was.

His early followers saw him as the Jewish Messiah sent by the Jewish God to the Jewish people. His father was Jewish. His mother was Jewish. His mentor, John the Baptist, who baptized him, was also Jewish.

His brother, James, who became a leader of their tiny sect after Jesus died, was also Jewish. And as the movement morphed from the religion of Jesus to the religion about Jesus, it initially remained very Jewish.
[1]

You can see that in the fact that Paul, also Jewish, spent a huge part of his ministry forcefully arguing against requiring that new adherent first become Jewish. He wouldn’t have needed to do so if there hadn’t been large numbers of Christians insisting that one could not properly be a follower of the Jewish Christ if one did not first become Jewish.

Dani Ishai Behan
·
Follow
Jew1y

All ethnic Jews* have a shared ancestral and ethnic continuity with Biblical Israelites.

But if you’re asking whether or not we can actually name who our ancestors were or what villages/cities our families are from, the answer in most cases is no. Colonialism robbed us of that knowledge, although I imagine that even if we had never been driven out, it’d be impossible (or close to impossible) to name the specifics of our genealogy that far back.

*By ethnic Jew, I mean anyone who isn’t a convert to Judaism. Ethnic Jews include: all Ashkenazim, Sephardim, Mizrahim, Italqim, Romaniotes, etc.

Question:​

I am a Jew descended from and through the tribe of Levi. I live in an area of the country in the State of Montana where there are no rabbis. I have a gentile friend who seems to be somewhat of a biblical theologian. He questions how I know that I am a Levite, considering that all of the records of the twelve tribes of Israel were destroyed. Can you help me with some answers? Where is the proof? Is it still written somewhere, or has the information about my descendants been merely passed down through the generations orally? My parents are dead, so there is no one to ask. Can you help?

Answer:​

Your friend’s assertion that all the genealogical records of the Jewish people were destroyed is untrue and unfounded. No such event ever occurred in Jewish history and there is no historian or ancient source that supports his claim.

The genealogies of the twelve tribes of Israel were not stored in the Temple and they were never destroyed. Moreover, the majority of the Jewish people did not live in Israel during the first century and their genealogical records would have been unaffected by the destruction of Jerusalem and its Temple in 70 C.E.

With regard to your personal genealogical ancestry, bear in mind that there is no segment of the Jewish people who are more aware of their tribal affiliation and more mindful to properly transmit this distinctive ancestry to the descendants than the tribe of Levi. It has always been critical for members of the tribe of Levi to be aware of the unique place and status among the nation of Israel. This is true for a number of reasons. For instance, there are numerous distinct laws that apply only to this unique tribe. For example, there are certain women who a priest (kohen), who is a descendant of the tribe of Levi, may not marry. In addition, a priest isprohibited from coming into contact with adead body. Also, only descendants from the tribe of Levi are involved in the Aaronic Benediction ceremony celebrated every festival throughout the world. Simply put, every family from the tribe of Levi is knownto the Jewish people.

Moreover, not only are the descendants of Levi keenly aware of their unique ancestry,but the Jewish community as a whole has always been well aware of their identity as well. For example, only members of the tribe of Leviare honored with the first two blessings during the Torah reading in the synagogue. Also, anydescendant of the tribe of Levi is identified as such on all legal documents, including marriagecontracts and divorces.

Bear in mind that there were hundreds of thousands of priests and Levites throughout the Romanempire during the first century. Did they all have sudden amnesia? Did they all forget who theirfathers were? This genealogy was well known and meticulously documented by the Jewish people. This information was carefully passed down from father to son and was often recorded in a family’s Sefer Yuchsin (a record book of family genealogy).

I found your question particularly interesting, because my family has a Sefer Yuchsin which dates my ancestry back to biblical times. In it, every male between Aaron the High Priest (Moses’ brother) and myself is carefully recorded.

Sincerely yours,

Rabbi Tovia Singer, HaKohen

- When we read the bible, we get genealogies everywhere till the gospels and jesus'v genealogy!
- Then nothing!

- In the beginning of the book of Revelation, we are told about the seven congregations in the province of Asia!

- Revelation 1:6

[who]
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
Strong's 2532: And, even, also, namely.

has made
ἐποίησεν (epoiēsen)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 4160: (a) I make, manufacture, construct, (b) I do, act, cause. Apparently a prolonged form of an obsolete primary; to make or do.

us {to be}
ἡμᾶς (hēmas)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative 1st Person Plural
Strong's 1473: I, the first-person pronoun. A primary pronoun of the first person I.

a kingdom,
βασιλείαν (basileian)
Noun - Accusative Feminine Singular
Strong's 932: From basileus; properly, royalty, i.e. rule, or a realm.

priests
ἱερεῖς (hiereis)
Noun - Accusative Masculine Plural
Strong's 2409: A priest, one who offers sacrifice to a god (in Jewish and pagan religions; of Christians only met.). From hieros; a priest.

to
τῷ (tō)
Article - Dative Masculine Singular
Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

His
αὐτοῦ (autou)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive Masculine 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 846: He, she, it, they, them, same. From the particle au; the reflexive pronoun self, used of the third person, and of the other persons.

God
Θεῷ (Theō)
Noun - Dative Masculine Singular
Strong's 2316: A deity, especially the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

Father—
Πατρὶ (Patri)
Strong's 3962: Father, (Heavenly) Father, ancestor, elder, senior. Apparently a primary word; a 'father'.

to Him [be]
αὐτῷ (autō)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative Masculine 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 846: He, she, it, they, them, same. From the particle au; the reflexive pronoun self, used of the third person, and of the other persons.

the
ἡ (hē)
Article - Nominative Feminine Singular
Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

glory
δόξα (doxa)
Noun - Nominative Feminine Singular
Strong's 1391: From the base of dokeo; glory, in a wide application.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

power
κράτος (kratos)
Noun - Nominative Neuter Singular
Strong's 2904: Dominion, strength, power; a mighty deed. Perhaps a primary word; vigor.

forever
αἰῶνας (aiōnas)
Noun - Accusative Masculine Plural
Strong's 165: From the same as aei; properly, an age; by extension, perpetuity; by implication, the world; specially a Messianic period.

[and]
τῶν (tōn)
Article - Genitive Masculine Plural

ever!
αἰώνων (aiōnōn)
Noun - Genitive Masculine Plural
Strong's 165: From the same as aei; properly, an age; by extension, perpetuity; by implication, the world; specially a Messianic period.

Amen.
ἀμήν (amēn)
Hebrew Word
Strong's 281: Of Hebrew origin; properly, firm, i.e. trustworthy; adverbially, surely.

- Thus 7 congregations in the province of Asia!
- Jews and Gentiles!
- And each time more gentiles!
- and John is clear:
- He has made us a kingdom, priests to His God and father!

- It is interesting to look at the end of the message to each congregation:

- Ephesus:

Revelation 2:7

He who
Ὁ (Ho)
Article - Nominative Masculine Singular

has
ἔχων (echōn)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 2192: To have, hold, possess. Including an alternate form scheo skheh'-o; a primary verb; to hold.

an ear,
οὖς (ous)
Noun - Accusative Neuter Singular
Strong's 3775: (a) the ear, (b) met: the faculty of perception. Apparently a primary word; the ear.

let him hear
ἀκουσάτω (akousatō)
Verb - Aorist Imperative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 191: To hear, listen, comprehend by hearing; pass: is heard, reported. A primary verb; to hear.

what
τί (ti)
Interrogative / Indefinite Pronoun - Accusative Neuter Singular
Strong's 5101: Who, which, what, why. Probably emphatic of tis; an interrogative pronoun, who, which or what.

the
τὸ (to)
Article - Nominative Neuter Singular

Spirit
Πνεῦμα (Pneuma)
Strong's 4151: Wind, breath, spirit.

says
λέγει (legei)
Verb - Present Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 3004: (a) I say, speak; I mean, mention, tell, (b) I call, name, especially in the pass., (c) I tell, command.

to the
ταῖς (tais)
Article - Dative Feminine Plural

churches.
ἐκκλησίαις (ekklēsiais)
Noun - Dative Feminine Plural
Strong's 1577: From a compound of ek and a derivative of kaleo; a calling out, i.e. a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation.

To the [one who]
Τῷ (Tō)

is victorious,
νικῶντι (nikōnti)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Dative Masculine Singular
Strong's 3528: To conquer, be victorious, overcome, prevail, subdue. From nike; to subdue.

I will grant [the right]
δώσω (dōsō)
Verb - Future Indicative Active - 1st Person Singular
Strong's 1325: To offer, give; I put, place. A prolonged form of a primary verb; to give.

to eat
φαγεῖν (phagein)
Verb - Aorist Infinitive Active
Strong's 5315: A primary verb; to eat.

from
ἐκ (ek)
Preposition
Strong's 1537: From out, out from among, from, suggesting from the interior outwards. A primary preposition denoting origin, from, out.

the
τοῦ (tou)
Article - Genitive Neuter Singular

tree
ξύλου (xylou)
Noun - Genitive Neuter Singular
Strong's 3586: From another form of the base of xestes; timber; by implication, a stick, club or tree or other wooden article or substance.

of life
ζωῆς (zōēs)
Noun - Genitive Feminine Singular
Strong's 2222: Life, both of physical (present) and of spiritual (particularly future) existence. From zao; life.

in
ἐν (en)
Preposition
Strong's 1722: In, on, among. A primary preposition denoting position, and instrumentality, i.e. A relation of rest; 'in, ' at, on, by, etc.

the
τῷ (tō)

paradise
Παραδείσῳ (Paradeisō)
Strong's 3857: Paradise. Of Oriental origin; a park, i.e., an Eden.

of God.
Θεοῦ (Theou)
Noun - Genitive Masculine Singular
Strong's 2316: A deity, especially the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very.

- Smyrna:

- Revelation 2:11

He who
Ὁ (Ho)

has
ἔχων (echōn)
Strong's 2192: To have, hold, possess. Including an alternate form scheo skheh'-o; a primary verb; to hold.

an ear,
οὖς (ous)
Strong's 3775: (a) the ear, (b) met: the faculty of perception. Apparently a primary word; the ear.

let him hear
ἀκουσάτω (akousatō)
Strong's 191: To hear, listen, comprehend by hearing; pass: is heard, reported. A primary verb; to hear.

what
τί (ti)
Strong's 5101: Who, which, what, why. Probably emphatic of tis; an interrogative pronoun, who, which or what.

the
τὸ (to)

Spirit
Πνεῦμα (Pneuma)

says
λέγει (legei)
Strong's 3004: (a) I say, speak; I mean, mention, tell, (b) I call, name, especially in the pass., (c) I tell, command.

to the
ταῖς (tais)

churches.
ἐκκλησίαις (ekklēsiais)
Strong's 1577: From a compound of ek and a derivative of kaleo; a calling out, i.e. a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation.

The [one who]
Ὁ (HO)

is victorious
νικῶν (nikōn)
Strong's 3528: To conquer, be victorious, overcome, prevail, subdue. From nike; to subdue.

will not be harmed
ἀδικηθῇ (adikēthē)
Verb - Aorist Subjunctive Passive - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 91: To act unjustly towards, injure, harm. From adikos; to be unjust, i.e. do wrong.

by
ἐκ (ek)
Preposition
Strong's 1537: From out, out from among, from, suggesting from the interior outwards. A primary preposition denoting origin, from, out.

the
τοῦ (tou)
Article - Genitive Masculine Singular

second
δευτέρου (deuterou)
Adjective - Genitive Masculine Singular
Strong's 1208: Second; with the article: in the second place, for the second time. As the compare of duo; second.

death.
θανάτου (thanatou)
Strong's 2288: Death, physical or spiritual. From thnesko; death.

- Pergamus:

- Revelation 2:17

He who
Ὁ (Ho)

has
ἔχων (echōn)

an ear,
οὖς (ous)

let him hear
ἀκουσάτω (akousatō)

what
τί (ti)

the
τὸ (to)

Spirit
Πνεῦμα (Pneuma)

says
λέγει (legei)

to the
ταῖς (tais)

churches.
ἐκκλησίαις (ekklēsiais)

To [the one]
αὐτῷ (autō)

who
Τῷ (Tō)

is victorious,
νικῶντι (nikōnti)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Dative Masculine Singular

I will give
δώσω (dōsō)
Strong's 1325: To offer, give; I put, place. A prolonged form of a primary verb; to give.

the
τοῦ (tou)
Article - Genitive Neuter Singular

hidden
κεκρυμμένου (kekrymmenou)
Verb - Perfect Participle Middle or Passive - Genitive Neuter Singular
Strong's 2928: To hide, conceal, lay up. A primary verb; to conceal.

manna.
μάννα (manna)
Strong's 3131: Of Hebrew origin; manna, an edible gum.

I will also give
δώσω (dōsō)

him
αὐτῷ (autō)

a white
λευκήν (leukēn)
Adjective - Accusative Feminine Singular
Strong's 3022: White, bright, brilliant. From luke; white.

stone
ψῆφον (psēphon)
Strong's 5586: From the same as pselaphao; a pebble, i.e. a verdict or ticket; a vote.

inscribed
γεγραμμένον (gegrammenon)
Verb - Perfect Participle Middle or Passive - Accusative Neuter Singular
Strong's 1125: A primary verb; to 'grave', especially to write; figuratively, to describe.

[with]
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

a new
καινὸν (kainon)
Adjective - Accusative Neuter Singular
Strong's 2537: Fresh, new, unused, novel. Of uncertain affinity; new

name,
ὄνομα (onoma)
Strong's 3686: Name, character, fame, reputation. From a presumed derivative of the base of ginosko; a 'name'.

known
οἶδεν (oiden)
Verb - Perfect Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 1492: To know, remember, appreciate.

only
εἰ (ei)
Conjunction
Strong's 1487: If. A primary particle of conditionality; if, whether, that, etc.

to the [one who]
ὁ (ho)

receives [it].
λαμβάνων (lambanōn)
Strong's 2983: (a) I receive, get, (b) I take, lay hold of.

- Thyatira:

- Revelation 2:26-29

And
Καὶ (Kai)
Conjunction

to the [one who]
ὁ (ho)

is victorious
νικῶν (nikōn)

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

continues
τηρῶν (tērōn)
Strong's 5083: From teros; to guard, i.e. To note; by implication, to detain; by extension, to withhold; by extension, to withhold.

{in} My
μου (mou)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive 1st Person Singular
Strong's 1473: I, the first-person pronoun. A primary pronoun of the first person I.

work
ἔργα (erga)
Noun - Accusative Neuter Plural
Strong's 2041: From a primary ergo; toil; by implication, an act.

until
ἄχρι (achri)
Preposition
Strong's 891: As far as, up to, until, during. Or achris akh'-rece; akin to akron; until or up to.

[the] end,
τέλους (telous)
Strong's 5056: (a) an end, (b) event or issue, (c) the principal end, aim, purpose, (d) a tax.

I will give
δώσω (dōsō)

authority
ἐξουσίαν (exousian)
Strong's 1849: From exesti; privilege, i.e. force, capacity, competency, freedom, or mastery, delegated influence.

over
ἐπὶ (epi)
Preposition
Strong's 1909: On, to, against, on the basis of, at.

the
τῶν (tōn)
Article - Genitive Neuter Plural

nations.
ἐθνῶν (ethnōn)
Noun - Genitive Neuter Plural
Strong's 1484: Probably from etho; a race, i.e. A tribe; specially, a foreign one.

He will rule
ποιμανεῖ (poimanei)
Verb - Future Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 4165: To shepherd, tend, herd; hence: I rule, govern. From poimen; to tend as a shepherd of.

them
αὐτοὺς (autous)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative Masculine 3rd Person Plural

with
ἐν (en)
Preposition
Strong's 1722: In, on, among. A primary preposition denoting position, and instrumentality, i.e. A relation of rest; 'in, ' at, on, by, etc.

an iron
σιδηρᾷ (sidēra)
Adjective - Dative Feminine Singular
Strong's 4603: Made of iron. From sideros; made of iron.

scepter
ῥάβδῳ (rhabdō)
Noun - Dative Feminine Singular
Strong's 4464: A rod, staff, staff of authority, scepter. From the base of rhapizo; a stick or wand.

[and] shatter [them]
συντρίβεται (syntribetai)
Verb - Present Indicative Middle or Passive - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 4937: From sun and the base of tribos; to crush completely, i.e. To shatter.

ὡς (hōs)
Adverb
Strong's 5613: Probably adverb of comparative from hos; which how, i.e. In that manner.

pottery—
κεραμικὰ (keramika)
Adjective - Nominative Neuter Plural
Strong's 2764: Of clay, made by a potter, earthen. From keramos; made of clay, i.e. Earthen.

just as
ὡς (hōs)
Adverb
Strong's 5613: Probably adverb of comparative from hos; which how, i.e. In that manner.

I
κἀγὼ (kagō)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Nominative 1st Person Singular
Strong's 2504: To also, I too, but I. From kai and ego; so also the dative case kamoi, and accusative case kame and I, me.

have received [authority]
εἴληφα (eilēpha)
Verb - Perfect Indicative Active - 1st Person Singular
Strong's 2983: (a) I receive, get, (b) I take, lay hold of.

from
παρὰ (para)
Preposition
Strong's 3844: Gen: from; dat: beside, in the presence of; acc: alongside of.

My
μου (mou)

Father.
Πατρός (Patros)
Strong's 3962: Father, (Heavenly) Father, ancestor, elder, senior. Apparently a primary word; a 'father'.

And
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

I will give
δώσω (dōsō)

him
αὐτῷ (autō)

the
τὸν (ton)
Article - Accusative Masculine Singular

morning
πρωϊνόν (prōinon)
Adjective - Accusative Masculine Singular
Strong's 4407: Belonging to the morning, early. From proi; pertaining to the dawn, i.e. Matutinal.

star.
ἀστέρα (astera)
Noun - Accusative Masculine Singular
Strong's 792: A star. Probably from the base of stronnumi; a star, literally or figuratively.

He who
Ὁ (Ho)

has
ἔχων (echōn)

an ear,
οὖς (ous)

let him hear
ἀκουσάτω (akousatō)

what
τί (ti)

the
τὸ (to)

Spirit
Πνεῦμα (Pneuma)

says
λέγει (legei)

to the
ταῖς (tais)

churches.
ἐκκλησίαις (ekklēsiais)

- Sardis:

- Revelation 3:5,6

Like [them],
οὕτως (houtōs)
Adverb
Strong's 3779: Thus, so, in this manner. Or (referring to what precedes or follows).

the [one who]
Ὁ (HO)

is victorious
νικῶν (nikōn)

will be dressed
περιβαλεῖται (peribaleitai)
Verb - Future Indicative Middle - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 4016: From peri and ballo; to throw all around, i.e. Invest.

in
ἐν (en)
Preposition

white.
λευκοῖς (leukois)
Adjective - Dative Neuter Plural
Strong's 3022: White, bright, brilliant. From luke; white.

And
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

I will never blot out
ἐξαλείψω (exaleipsō)
Strong's 1813: To plaster, wash over; I wipe off, wipe out, obliterate. From ek and aleipho; to smear out, i.e. Obliterate.

his
αὐτοῦ (autou)

name
ὄνομα (onoma)
Strong's 3686: Name, character, fame, reputation. From a presumed derivative of the base of ginosko; a 'name'.

from
ἐκ (ek)
Preposition

the
τῆς (tēs)
Article - Genitive Feminine Singular

book
βίβλου (biblou)
Strong's 976: Properly, the inner bark of the papyrus plant, i.e. a sheet or scroll of writing.

of life,
ζωῆς (zōēs)
Strong's 2222: Life, both of physical (present) and of spiritual (particularly future) existence. From zao; life.

[but]
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

I will confess
ὁμολογήσω (homologēsō)
Strong's 3670: From a compound of the base of homou and logos; to assent, i.e. Covenant, acknowledge.

his
αὐτοῦ (autou)

name
ὄνομα (onoma)

before
ἐνώπιον (enōpion)
Preposition
Strong's 1799: Neuter of a compound of en and a derivative of optanomai; in the face of.

My
μου (mou)

Father
Πατρός (Patros)

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

His
αὐτοῦ (autou)

angels.
ἀγγέλων (angelōn)
Noun - Genitive Masculine Plural
Strong's 32: From aggello; a messenger; especially an 'angel'; by implication, a pastor.

He who
Ὁ (Ho)

has
ἔχων (echōn)

an ear,
οὖς (ous)

let him hear
ἀκουσάτω (akousatō)

what
τί (ti)

the
τὸ (to)

Spirit
Πνεῦμα (Pneuma)

says
λέγει (legei)

to the
ταῖς (tais)

churches.
ἐκκλησίαις (ekklēsiais)

- Philadelphia:

- Revelation 3:12,13

The [one who]
Ὁ (HO)

is victorious
νικῶν (nikōn)

I will make
ποιήσω (poiēsō)
Strong's 4160: (a) I make, manufacture, construct, (b) I do, act, cause. Apparently a prolonged form of an obsolete primary; to make or do.

a pillar
στῦλον (stylon)
Noun - Accusative Masculine Singular
Strong's 4769: A pillar, support, column. From stuo; a post, i.e. support.

in
ἐν (en)
Preposition

the
τῷ (tō)

temple
ναῷ (naō)
Strong's 3485: A temple, a shrine, that part of the temple where God himself resides. From a primary naio; a fane, shrine, temple.

of
τοῦ (tou)

My
μου (mou)

God,
Θεοῦ (Theou)

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

he will never again leave [it].
ἐξέλθῃ (exelthē)
Verb - Aorist Subjunctive Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 1831: To go out, come out. From ek and erchomai; to issue.

Upon
ἐπ’ (ep’)
Preposition
Strong's 1909: On, to, against, on the basis of, at.

him
αὐτὸν (auton)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative Masculine 3rd Person Singular

I will write
γράψω (grapsō)
Strong's 1125: A primary verb; to 'grave', especially to write; figuratively, to describe.

the
τὸ (to)
Article - Accusative Neuter Singular

name
ὄνομα (onoma)

of
τοῦ (tou)

My
μου (mou)

God,
Θεοῦ (Theou)

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

the
τὸ (to)
Article - Accusative Neuter Singular

name
ὄνομα (onoma)

of the
τῆς (tēs)

city
πόλεως (poleōs)
Strong's 4172: A city, the inhabitants of a city. Probably from the same as polemos, or perhaps from polus; a town.

of
τοῦ (tou)

My
μου (mou)

God
Θεοῦ (Theou)

(the
τῆς (tēs)

new
καινῆς (kainēs)
Adjective - Genitive Feminine Singular

Jerusalem
Ἰερουσαλήμ (Ierousalēm)
Strong's 2419: Of Hebrew origin; Hierusalem, the capitol of Palestine.

that
ἡ (hē)
Article - Nominative Feminine Singular

comes down
καταβαίνουσα (katabainousa)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Nominative Feminine Singular
Strong's 2597: To go down, come down, either from the sky or from higher land, descend. From kata and the base of basis; to descend.

out of
ἐκ (ek)
Preposition

heaven
οὐρανοῦ (ouranou)
Strong's 3772: Perhaps from the same as oros; the sky; by extension, heaven; by implication, happiness, power, eternity; specially, the Gospel.

from
ἀπὸ (apo)
Preposition
Strong's 575: From, away from. A primary particle; 'off, ' i.e. Away, in various senses.

My
μου (mou)

God),
Θεοῦ (Theou)

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

My
μου (mou)

new
καινόν (kainon)
Adjective - Accusative Neuter Singular

name.
ὄνομά (onoma)

He who
Ὁ (Ho)

has
ἔχων (echōn)

an ear,
οὖς (ous)

let him hear
ἀκουσάτω (akousatō)

what
τί (ti)

the
τὸ (to)

Spirit
Πνεῦμα (Pneuma)

says
λέγει (legei)

to the
ταῖς (tais)

churches.
ἐκκλησίαις (ekklēsiais)

- Can you hear the message:
- The new Jerusalem coming down from heaven!

- Laodicea:

- Revelation 3:21,22

To [the one]
αὐτῷ (autō)

who
Ὁ (HO)

is victorious,
νικῶν (nikōn)

I will grant [the right]
δώσω (dōsō)

to sit
καθίσαι (kathisai)
Verb - Aorist Infinitive Active
Strong's 2523: Another form for kathezomai; to seat down, i.e. Set; intransitively, to sit; figuratively, to settle.

with
μετ’ (met’)
Preposition
Strong's 3326: (a) gen: with, in company with, (b) acc: (1) behind, beyond, after, of place, (2) after, of time, with nouns, neut. of adjectives.

Me
ἐμοῦ (emou)

on
ἐν (en)
Preposition

My
μου (mou)

throne,
θρόνῳ (thronō)
Strong's 2362: From thrao; a stately seat; by implication, power or a potentate.

just as
ὡς (hōs)
Adverb

I
κἀγὼ (kagō)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Nominative 1st Person Singular
Strong's 2504: To also, I too, but I. From kai and ego; so also the dative case kamoi, and accusative case kame and I, me.

overcame
ἐνίκησα (enikēsa)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 1st Person Singular

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

sat down
ἐκάθισα (ekathisa)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 1st Person Singular
Strong's 2523: Another form for kathezomai; to seat down, i.e. Set; intransitively, to sit; figuratively, to settle.

with
μετὰ (meta)
Preposition
Strong's 3326: (a) gen: with, in company with, (b) acc: (1) behind, beyond, after, of place, (2) after, of time, with nouns, neut. of adjectives.

My
μου (mou)

Father
Πατρός (Patros)

on
ἐν (en)
Preposition

His
αὐτοῦ (autou)

throne.
θρόνῳ (thronō)
Strong's 2362: From thrao; a stately seat; by implication, power or a potentate.

He who
Ὁ (Ho)

has
ἔχων (echōn)

an ear,
οὖς (ous)

let him hear
ἀκουσάτω (akousatō)

what
τί (ti)

the
τὸ (to)

Spirit
Πνεῦμα (Pneuma)

says
λέγει (legei)

to the
ταῖς (tais)

churches.”
ἐκκλησίαις (ekklēsiais)

Shayn M.
·
Follow
I once studied to become a rabbi. I quit. I know my way around Tanach though.1y
Related
Did Jesus have Jewish ancestry?
It would make his entire life story completely incomprehensible if he wasn’t Jewish.

For one thing, being Jewish is the very first most basic and completely non-negotiable condition for being annointed the King of Israel (messiah) and Jesus would not have had a snowflake’s chance in hell of claiming to be the messiah (anointed King) if he wasn’t even a member of the Jewish people.
still relying on catholicism, this time orthodox catholicism.

The 3rd temple is future in the earthly Jerusalem.
John 4:21

“Believe
Πίστευέ (Pisteue)
Verb - Present Imperative Active - 2nd Person Singular
Strong's 4100: From pistis; to have faith, i.e. Credit; by implication, to entrust.

Me,
μοι (moi)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative 1st Person Singular

woman,”
γύναι (gynai)
Noun - Vocative Feminine Singular
Strong's 1135: A woman, wife, my lady. Probably from the base of ginomai; a woman; specially, a wife.

Jesus
Ἰησοῦς (Iēsous)
Noun - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 2424: Of Hebrew origin; Jesus, the name of our Lord and two other Israelites.

replied,
Λέγει (Legei)

“a time
ὥρα (hōra)
Strong's 5610: Apparently a primary word; an 'hour'.

is coming
ἔρχεται (erchetai)
Strong's 2064: To come, go.

when
ὅτε (hote)
Adverb
Strong's 3753: When, at which time. From hos and te; at which too, i.e. When.

you will worship
προσκυνήσετε (proskynēsete)
Verb - Future Indicative Active - 2nd Person Plural
Strong's 4352: From pros and a probable derivative of kuon; to fawn or crouch to, i.e. prostrate oneself in homage.

the
τῷ (tō)

Father
Πατρί (Patri)

neither
οὔτε (oute)
Conjunction
Strong's 3777: And not, neither, nor. From ou and te; not too, i.e. Neither or nor; by analogy, not even.

on
ἐν (en)
Preposition

this
τούτῳ (toutō)
Demonstrative Pronoun - Dative Neuter Singular
Strong's 3778: This; he, she, it.

mountain
ὄρει (orei)
Noun - Dative Neuter Singular
Strong's 3735: A mountain, hill. Probably from an obsolete oro; a mountain: -hill, mount(-ain).

nor
οὔτε (oute)
Conjunction
Strong's 3777: And not, neither, nor. From ou and te; not too, i.e. Neither or nor; by analogy, not even.

in
ἐν (en)
Preposition

Jerusalem.
Ἱεροσολύμοις (Hierosolymois)
Noun - Dative Neuter Plural
Strong's 2414: The Greek form of the Hebrew name: Jerusalem. Of Hebrew origin; Hierosolyma

John 4:22

You
ὑμεῖς (hymeis)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Nominative 2nd Person Plural
Strong's 4771: You. The person pronoun of the second person singular; thou.

worship
προσκυνεῖτε (proskyneite)
Verb - Present Indicative Active - 2nd Person Plural
Strong's 4352: From pros and a probable derivative of kuon; to fawn or crouch to, i.e. prostrate oneself in homage.

what
ὃ (ho)
Personal / Relative Pronoun - Accusative Neuter Singular
Strong's 3739: Who, which, what, that.

you do not know;
οἴδατε (oidate)
Verb - Perfect Indicative Active - 2nd Person Plural

we
ἡμεῖς (hēmeis)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Nominative 1st Person Plural

worship
προσκυνοῦμεν (proskynoumen)
Verb - Present Indicative Active - 1st Person Plural

what
ὃ (ho)
Personal / Relative Pronoun - Accusative Neuter Singular
Strong's 3739: Who, which, what, that.

we do know,
οἴδαμεν (oidamen)
Verb - Perfect Indicative Active - 1st Person Plural

for
ὅτι (hoti)
Conjunction
Strong's 3754: Neuter of hostis as conjunction; demonstrative, that; causative, because.

salvation
σωτηρία (sōtēria)
Strong's 4991: Feminine of a derivative of soter as noun; rescue or safety.

is
ἐστίν (estin)
Strong's 1510: I am, exist. The first person singular present indicative; a prolonged form of a primary and defective verb; I exist.

from
ἐκ (ek)
Preposition

the
τῶν (tōn)
Article - Genitive Masculine Plural

Jews.
Ἰουδαίων (Ioudaiōn)
Adjective - Genitive Masculine Plural
Strong's 2453: Jewish. From Iouda; Judaean, i.e. Belonging to Jehudah.

John 4:23

But
ἀλλὰ (alla)
Conjunction
Strong's 235: But, except, however. Neuter plural of allos; properly, other things, i.e. contrariwise.

a time
ὥρα (hōra)
Strong's 5610: Apparently a primary word; an 'hour'.

is coming
ἔρχεται (erchetai)
Strong's 2064: To come, go.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

{has} now
νῦν (nyn)
Adverb
Strong's 3568: A primary particle of present time; 'now'; also as noun or adjective present or immediate.

come
ἐστιν (estin)
Strong's 1510: I am, exist. The first person singular present indicative; a prolonged form of a primary and defective verb; I exist.

when
ὅτε (hote)
Adverb
Strong's 3753: When, at which time. From hos and te; at which too, i.e. When.

the
οἱ (hoi)
Article - Nominative Masculine Plural

TRUE
ἀληθινοὶ (alēthinoi)
Adjective - Nominative Masculine Plural
Strong's 228: True (lit: made of truth), real, genuine. From alethes; truthful.

worshipers
προσκυνηταὶ (proskynētai)
Noun - Nominative Masculine Plural
Strong's 4353: A worshipper. From proskuneo; an adorer.

will worship
προσκυνήσουσιν (proskynēsousin)
Verb - Future Indicative Active - 3rd Person Plural

the
τῷ (tō)

Father
Πατρὶ (Patri)

in
ἐν (en)
Preposition

spirit
πνεύματι (pneumati)

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

in truth,
ἀληθείᾳ (alētheia)
Strong's 225: From alethes; truth.

for
γὰρ (gar)
Conjunction
Strong's 1063: For. A primary particle; properly, assigning a reason.

the
ὁ (ho)

Father
Πατὴρ (Patēr)

is seeking
ζητεῖ (zētei)
Strong's 2212: To seek, search for, desire, require, demand. Of uncertain affinity; to seek; specially, to worship, or to plot.

such
τοιούτους (toioutous)
Demonstrative Pronoun - Accusative Masculine Plural
Strong's 5108: (including the other inflections); from toi and houtos; truly this, i.e. Of this sort (to denote character or individuality).

as these
τοὺς (tous)
Article - Accusative Masculine Plural

to worship
προσκυνοῦντας (proskynountas)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Accusative Masculine Plural

Him.
αὐτόν (auton)

John 4:24

God [is]
Θεός (Theos)

Spirit,
Πνεῦμα (Pneuma)

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

[His]
τοὺς (tous)
Article - Accusative Masculine Plural

worshipers
προσκυνοῦντας (proskynountas)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Accusative Masculine Plural

must
δεῖ (dei)
Strong's 1163: Third person singular active present of deo; also deon deh-on'; neuter active participle of the same; both used impersonally; it is Necessary.

worship
προσκυνεῖν (proskynein)
Verb - Present Infinitive Active

Him
αὐτὸν (auton)

in
ἐν (en)
Preposition

spirit
πνεύματι (pneumati)

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

[in] truth.”
ἀληθείᾳ (alētheia)
Strong's 225: From alethes; truth.