• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Looking for Paul

1. Also called Mideast. (loosely) the area from Libya east to Afghanistan, usually including Egypt, Sudan, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, and the other countries of Arabia.
  2. (formerly) the area including Iran, Afghanistan, India, Tibet, and Myanmar (Burma).

The “Middle East” is a flexible geographic term that shifts depending on the user and the era. We
will use it throughout this text in its most inclusive definitions and will refrain from assigning
definitive boundaries. We will also use the term because it is currently in dominant usage over other
descriptors of overlapping territory that have waxed and waned in prominence over time. The
“Middle East” was originally coined in the late 19th century by the British, along with other
Eurocentric geographic terms such as the “Near East” (the
eastern Mediterranean regions closest to Europe) and the
“Far East” (China, Japan, Korea, and other East Asian entities
much farther away from Europe). The Middle East at the time
was defined as the region lying between these two extremes:
the Arabian Peninsula, Mesopotamia, and the Persian and
Central Asian lands. The “Near East” has somewhat fallen
out of favor, but generally is deployed interchangeably with
the term “Middle East.” The “Middle East” has in turn crept
westward to envelop the Eastern Mediterranean and even
North Africa, sometimes at the expense of its Eastern fringes
in Central Asia.
The 20th-century rise of Arab Nationalism strengthened
coherence among predominantly Arab countries, sometimes
referred to collectively as the Arab World. A more inclusive
designation is the “Middle East and North Africa” (MENA),
which adds at least Israel, Turkey, and Iran to the Arab
World. A legacy of the Muslim empires, including the long-
running Ottoman Empire gives rise to the terms “Islamic
Introduction: What And Where is the Middle East? 2
The most common but exclusive
definition of the Middle East at the time
of writing extends to Egypt in the West,
Iran in the East, the Arabian Peninsula in
the South and Turkey in the North
(although occasionally Turkey and, more
rarely, Egypt are omitted).
Middle East Policy Council Teaching the Middle East: A Resource Guide for American Educators
World” or “Muslim World,” which refer to
a geographic area that includes all of the
Middle East and North Africa as well as a
wider area of Asia and Africa whose
populations are predominantly Muslim.
All of these (“Near East,” “Middle East
and North Africa” or “MENA,” “Arab
World,” “Islamic World” and “Muslim
World”) are frequently used in tandem
with the “Middle East.” “Southwest
Asia,” another term for this shifting
territory has limited popularity although it
does not relate to Europe (unlike “Middle
East” or “Near East”). U.S. President
George W. Bush’s “Greater Middle East”
Initiative introduced another more
inclusive definition of the region, which included North Africa, Afghanistan, and other adjacent
territories.
In both academia and the professional world we can see all of these varying ideas of the “Middle
East” (and its cousin terminologies) in play today. National Geographic’s political map of the Middle
East, which seems to adhere to the original British intent of the term, does not include North Africa
and shows only a sliver of Egypt, but extends to the East to include Afghanistan, Pakistan, and the
Introduction: What And Where is the Middle East? 3
This map of the Arab World illustrates the important regional
dominance of the Arabic language as well as the resulting
cultural and political connections between the Arab countries
in the “Middle East” and those in North and East Africa.
The Muslim World depicted in this map (dark green areas have more than 50% Muslim
populations) shows some potentially misleading overlap with some definitions of the
Middle East and North Africa.
currently, not historically. apostolic times islam did not exist. nor did the rcc.

1. Also called Mideast. (loosely) the area from Libya east to Afghanistan, usually including Egypt, Sudan, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, and the other countries of Arabia.
  2. (formerly) the area including Iran, Afghanistan, India, Tibet, and Myanmar (Burma).

The “Middle East” is a flexible geographic term that shifts depending on the user and the era. We
will use it throughout this text in its most inclusive definitions and will refrain from assigning
definitive boundaries. We will also use the term because it is currently in dominant usage over other
descriptors of overlapping territory that have waxed and waned in prominence over time. The
“Middle East” was originally coined in the late 19th century by the British, along with other
Eurocentric geographic terms such as the “Near East” (the
eastern Mediterranean regions closest to Europe) and the
“Far East” (China, Japan, Korea, and other East Asian entities
much farther away from Europe). The Middle East at the time
was defined as the region lying between these two extremes:
the Arabian Peninsula, Mesopotamia, and the Persian and
Central Asian lands. The “Near East” has somewhat fallen
out of favor, but generally is deployed interchangeably with
the term “Middle East.” The “Middle East” has in turn crept
westward to envelop the Eastern Mediterranean and even
North Africa, sometimes at the expense of its Eastern fringes
in Central Asia.
The 20th-century rise of Arab Nationalism strengthened
coherence among predominantly Arab countries, sometimes
referred to collectively as the Arab World. A more inclusive
designation is the “Middle East and North Africa” (MENA),
which adds at least Israel, Turkey, and Iran to the Arab
World. A legacy of the Muslim empires, including the long-
running Ottoman Empire gives rise to the terms “Islamic
Introduction: What And Where is the Middle East? 2
The most common but exclusive
definition of the Middle East at the time
of writing extends to Egypt in the West,
Iran in the East, the Arabian Peninsula in
the South and Turkey in the North
(although occasionally Turkey and, more
rarely, Egypt are omitted).
Middle East Policy Council Teaching the Middle East: A Resource Guide for American Educators
World” or “Muslim World,” which refer to
a geographic area that includes all of the
Middle East and North Africa as well as a
wider area of Asia and Africa whose
populations are predominantly Muslim.
All of these (“Near East,” “Middle East
and North Africa” or “MENA,” “Arab
World,” “Islamic World” and “Muslim
World”) are frequently used in tandem
with the “Middle East.” “Southwest
Asia,” another term for this shifting
territory has limited popularity although it
does not relate to Europe (unlike “Middle
East” or “Near East”). U.S. President
George W. Bush’s “Greater Middle East”
Initiative introduced another more
inclusive definition of the region, which included North Africa, Afghanistan, and other adjacent
territories.
In both academia and the professional world we can see all of these varying ideas of the “Middle
East” (and its cousin terminologies) in play today. National Geographic’s political map of the Middle
East, which seems to adhere to the original British intent of the term, does not include North Africa
and shows only a sliver of Egypt, but extends to the East to include Afghanistan, Pakistan, and the
Introduction: What And Where is the Middle East? 3
This map of the Arab World illustrates the important regional
dominance of the Arabic language as well as the resulting
cultural and political connections between the Arab countries
in the “Middle East” and those in North and East Africa.
The Muslim World depicted in this map (dark green areas have more than 50% Muslim
populations) shows some potentially misleading overlap with some definitions of the
Middle East and North Africa.
currently, not historically. apostolic times islam did not exist. nor did the rcc.
- Nothing in fact!
- Let's put it that way!
- One world and one head in Jerusalem and what used to be Israel!
- One world and one head north of Jerusalem and Israel!
- Let's say in the South and in the North!
- The first was an old world!
- The second one was a new one!
- And what is incredible is to think that Paul was a Pharisee that is an extremist of the Law, a conservative!
- But he lived in Tarsus which was cosmopolitan with free speech!
- He belonged to the Jews of the diaspora who were used to live with the Pagans!
- And he threw away the old world!
- He went to the nations!
- Jesus' message was for everybody and no one had privileges!
- An old world with human limits!
- A new world no no human limits, only divine openness!
- It's up to us to choose one!
- But we can't choose both!
- They are opposed!

YOUR PUSHING CATHOLIC ROME NARATIVE​

Paul Accepted by the Apostles​

2 Then after fourteen years, I went up again to Jerusalem, this time with Barnabas. I took Titus along also. 2 I went in response to a revelation and, meeting privately with those esteemed as leaders, I presented to them the gospel that I preach among the Gentiles. I wanted to be sure I was not running and had not been running my race in vain. 3 Yet not even Titus, who was with me, was compelled to be circumcised, even though he was a Greek. 4 This matter arose because some false believers had infiltrated our ranks to spy on the freedom we have in Christ Jesus and to make us slaves. 5 We did not give in to them for a moment, so that the truth of the gospel might be preserved for you.

6 As for those who were held in high esteem—whatever they were makes no difference to me; God does not show favoritism—they added nothing to my message. 7 On the contrary, they recognized that I had been entrusted with the task of preaching the gospel to the uncircumcised,[a] just as Peter had been to the circumcised.[b] 8 For God, who was at work in Peter as an apostle to the circumcised, was also at work in me as an apostle to the Gentiles. 9 James, Cephas[c] and John, those esteemed as pillars, gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship when they recognized the grace given to me. They agreed that we should go to the Gentiles, and they to the circumcised. 10 All they asked was that we should continue to remember the poor, the very thing I had been eager to do all along.

2 Then after fourteen years, I went up again to Jerusalem, this time with Barnabas. I took Titus along also. 2 I went in response to a revelation and, meeting privately with those esteemed as leaders, I presented to them the gospel that I preach among the Gentiles. I wanted to be sure I was not running and had not been running my race in vain. 3 Yet not even Titus, who was with me, was compelled to be circumcised, even though he was a Greek. 4 This matter arose because some false believers had infiltrated our ranks to spy on the freedom we have in Christ Jesus and to make us slaves. 5 We did not give in to them for a moment, so that the truth of the gospel might be preserved for you.

6 As for those who were held in high esteem—whatever they were makes no difference to me; God does not show favoritism—they added nothing to my message. 7 On the contrary, they recognized that I had been entrusted with the task of preaching the gospel to the uncircumcised,[a] just as Peter had been to the circumcised.[b] 8 For God, who was at work in Peter as an apostle to the circumcised, was also at work in me as an apostle to the Gentiles. 9 James, Cephas[c] and John, those esteemed as pillars, gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship when they recognized the grace given to me. They agreed that we should go to the Gentiles, and they to the circumcised. 10 All they asked was that we should continue to remember the poor, the very thing I had been eager to do all along.

aul Accepted by the Apostles​

YOUR PUSHING CATHOLIC ROME NARATIVE​

aul Accepted by the Apostles​

- You are not fed up with your Catholic Rome narrative, aren't you?
- It is exactly like Galatians 2:9!
- Paul would go to the Gentiles!
- The others would go to the Jews!
- What about 2 Corinthians chapter 11!
- What about the beginning of Revelation and the messages to the seven congregations in the province of Asia!

they went to Jews and gentiles.
- Moreover, you get your answer with your Catholic sources!
- Have a look at Revelation 1:4!
Remember:

• If you think like today’s people, you will never understand the Bible!
  • They used to write differently!
  • They used to speak differently!
  • They used to think differently!
  • They used to act differently!

- The messages to the seven congregations in the province of Asia!
- What are these congregations:
- Ephesus!
- Smyrna!
- Pergamum!
- Thyatira!
- Sardis!
- Philadelphia!
- Laodicea!
- And guess what they are all in Today's Turkey!

ACTS 20:18 18 And when they had come to him, he said to them: “You know, from the first day that I came to Asia, in what manner I always lived among you,

Where is "Asia" (Acts 20:18)?
The Asia Paul is referring to is neither the continent of Asia as we know it today nor "Asia Minor," which refers to about 2/3 of what is Turkey today, less its southeastern 30% and northwestern tip. The "Asia" in Acts 20:18 was the Roman province of Asia, which made up the western 1/4 of what is Turkey today and included the coastal regions of Troas, Mysia, Lydia, Caria, the interior region of Phrygia. and the provincial capital of Asia was Ephesus.

How did a Roman province in Turkey end up being named "Asia"?
ασιαν (asian), the original Greek word translated "Asia," originates from "Assuwa," the name of a confederacy of small states that occupied the western shores of what is Turkey today, directly east of Greece across the Aegean Sea. Over time, Greeks and the rest of Europeans came to call "Asia" all lands east of Europe.

- Thus what we know is usally limited!
- That's why we need historical context!

And once again:
Remember:
  • If you think like today’s people, you will never understand the Bible!
  • They used to write differently!
  • They used to speak differently!
  • They used to think differently!
  • They used to act differently!

maps change. no middle east then. israel was in Asia then, you uses catholic history.
- Man, you will never understand!
- Or better said, you don't want to understand!
- You refuse the Bible!
- It has nothing to do with Catholic history!
- The Bible says it!
- That's my authority!
- The province of Asia is the province of Asia!
- It has nothing to do with a continent!

Back