• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Looking for Paul

Luke 24:49

And
Καὶ (Kai)
Conjunction
Strong's 2532: And, even, also, namely.

behold,
ἰδοὺ (idou)
Verb - Aorist Imperative Active - 2nd Person Singular
Strong's 2400: See! Lo! Behold! Look! Second person singular imperative middle voice of eido; used as imperative lo!

I
ἐγὼ (egō)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Nominative 1st Person Singular
Strong's 1473: I, the first-person pronoun. A primary pronoun of the first person I.

am sending
ἐξαποστέλλω (exapostellō)
Verb - Present Indicative Active - 1st Person Singular
Strong's 649: From apo and stello; set apart, i.e. to send out literally or figuratively.

the
τὴν (tēn)
Article - Accusative Feminine Singular
Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

promise
ἐπαγγελίαν (epangelian)
Noun - Accusative Feminine Singular
Strong's 1860: A promise. From epaggello; an announcement.

of
τοῦ (tou)
Article - Genitive Masculine Singular
Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

My
μου (mou)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive 1st Person Singular
Strong's 1473: I, the first-person pronoun. A primary pronoun of the first person I.

Father
Πατρός (Patros)
Noun - Genitive Masculine Singular
Strong's 3962: Father, (Heavenly) Father, ancestor, elder, senior. Apparently a primary word; a 'father'.

upon
ἐφ’ (eph’)
Preposition
Strong's 1909: On, to, against, on the basis of, at.

you.
ὑμᾶς (hymas)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative 2nd Person Plural
Strong's 4771: You. The person pronoun of the second person singular; thou.

But
δὲ (de)
Conjunction
Strong's 1161: A primary particle; but, and, etc.

remain
καθίσατε (kathisate)
Verb - Aorist Imperative Active - 2nd Person Plural
Strong's 2523: Another form for kathezomai; to seat down, i.e. Set; intransitively, to sit; figuratively, to settle.

in
ἐν (en)
Preposition
Strong's 1722: In, on, among. A primary preposition denoting position, and instrumentality, i.e. A relation of rest; 'in, ' at, on, by, etc.

the
τῇ (tē)
Article - Dative Feminine Singular

city
πόλει (polei)
Noun - Dative Feminine Singular
Strong's 4172: A city, the inhabitants of a city. Probably from the same as polemos, or perhaps from polus; a town.

until
ἕως (heōs)
Preposition
Strong's 2193: A conjunction, preposition and adverb of continuance, until.

you have been clothed with
ἐνδύσησθε (endysēsthe)
Verb - Aorist Subjunctive Middle - 2nd Person Plural
Strong's 1746: To put on, clothe (another). From en and duno; to invest with clothing.

power
δύναμιν (dynamin)
Strong's 1411: From dunamai; force; specially, miraculous power.

from
ἐξ (ex)
Preposition
Strong's 1537: From out, out from among, from, suggesting from the interior outwards. A primary preposition denoting origin, from, out.

on high.”
ὕψους (hypsous)
Noun - Genitive Neuter Singular
Strong's 5311: Height, heaven; dignity, eminence. From a derivative of huper; elevation, i.e. altitude, the sky, or dignity.

Luke 24:50

[When]
δὲ (de)
Conjunction

[Jesus] had led
Ἐξήγαγεν (Exēgagen)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 1806: To lead out, sometimes to death, execution. From ek and ago; to lead forth.

them
αὐτοὺς (autous)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative Masculine 3rd Person Plural
Strong's 846: He, she, it, they, them, same. From the particle au; the reflexive pronoun self, used of the third person, and of the other persons.

out
ἔξω (exō)
Adverb
Strong's 1854: Without, outside. Adverb from ek; out(-side, of doors), literally or figuratively.

as far as
ἕως (heōs)
Preposition
Strong's 2193: A conjunction, preposition and adverb of continuance, until.

Bethany,
Βηθανίαν (Bēthanian)
Strong's 963: Of Chaldee origin; date-house; Beth-any, a place in Palestine.

He lifted up
ἐπάρας (eparas)
Verb - Aorist Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 1869: To raise, lift up. From epi and airo; to raise up.

His
αὐτοῦ (autou)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive Masculine 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 846: He, she, it, they, them, same. From the particle au; the reflexive pronoun self, used of the third person, and of the other persons.

hands
χεῖρας (cheiras)
Noun - Accusative Feminine Plural
Strong's 5495: A hand.

[and] blessed
εὐλόγησεν (eulogēsen)
Strong's 2127: (lit: I speak well of) I bless; pass: I am blessed. From a compound of eu and logos; to speak well of, i.e. to bless.

them.
αὐτούς (autous)

Luke 24:51

While
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

He
αὐτὸν (auton)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative Masculine 3rd Person Singular

was blessing
εὐλογεῖν (eulogein)
Verb - Present Infinitive Active
Strong's 2127: (lit: I speak well of) I bless; pass: I am blessed. From a compound of eu and logos; to speak well of, i.e. to bless.

them,
αὐτοὺς (autous)

He left
διέστη (diestē)
Strong's 1339: To put apart, separate, put some distance between. From dia and histemi; to stand apart, i.e. to remove, intervene.

them
αὐτῶν (autōn)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive Masculine 3rd Person Plural

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

was carried up
ἀνεφέρετο (anephereto)
Verb - Imperfect Indicative Middle or Passive - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 399: From ana and phero; to take up.

into
εἰς (eis)
Preposition
Strong's 1519: A primary preposition; to or into, of place, time, or purpose; also in adverbial phrases.

heaven.
οὐρανόν (ouranon)
Noun - Accusative Masculine Singular
Strong's 3772: Perhaps from the same as oros; the sky; by extension, heaven; by implication, happiness, power, eternity; specially, the Gospel.

Luke 24:52

And
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

they
αὐτοὶ (autoi)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Nominative Masculine 3rd Person Plural

worshiped
προσκυνήσαντες (proskynēsantes)
Verb - Aorist Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Plural
Strong's 4352: From pros and a probable derivative of kuon; to fawn or crouch to, i.e. prostrate oneself in homage.

Him
αὐτὸν (auton)

[and] returned
ὑπέστρεψαν (hypestrepsan)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 3rd Person Plural
Strong's 5290: To turn back, return. From hupo and strepho; to turn under, i.e. To return.

to
εἰς (eis)
Preposition
Strong's 1519: A primary preposition; to or into, of place, time, or purpose; also in adverbial phrases.

Jerusalem
Ἰερουσαλὴμ (Ierousalēm)
Strong's 2419: Of Hebrew origin; Hierusalem, the capitol of Palestine.

with
μετὰ (meta)
Preposition
Strong's 3326: (a) gen: with, in company with, (b) acc: (1) behind, beyond, after, of place, (2) after, of time, with nouns, neut. of adjectives.

great
μεγάλης (megalēs)
Adjective - Genitive Feminine Singular
Strong's 3173: Large, great, in the widest sense.

joy,
χαρᾶς (charas)
Noun - Genitive Feminine Singular
Strong's 5479: Joy, gladness, a source of joy. From chairo; cheerfulness, i.e. Calm delight.

Luke 24:53

praising
εὐλογοῦντες (eulogountes)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Plural

God
Θεόν (Theon)
Strong's 2316: A deity, especially the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very.

continually
διὰ (dia)
Preposition
Strong's 1223: A primary preposition denoting the channel of an act; through.

in
ἐν (en)
Preposition
Strong's 1722: In, on, among. A primary preposition denoting position, and instrumentality, i.e. A relation of rest; 'in, ' at, on, by, etc.

the
τῷ (tō)
Article - Dative Neuter Singular

temple.
ἱερῷ (hierō)
Noun - Dative Neuter Singular
Strong's 2411: Neuter of hieros; a sacred place, i.e. The entire precincts of the Temple.

John 20:11

But
δὲ (de)
Conjunction

Mary
Μαρία (Maria)
Noun - Nominative Feminine Singular
Strong's 3137: Or Mariam of Hebrew origin; Maria or Mariam, the name of six Christian females.

stood
εἱστήκει (heistēkei)
Verb - Pluperfect Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 2476: A prolonged form of a primary stao stah'-o; to stand, used in various applications.

outside
ἔξω (exō)
Adverb
Strong's 1854: Without, outside. Adverb from ek; out(-side, of doors), literally or figuratively.

the
τῷ (tō)
Article - Dative Neuter Singular

tomb
μνημείῳ (mnēmeiō)
Noun - Dative Neuter Singular
Strong's 3419: A tomb, sepulcher, monument. From mneme; a remembrance, i.e. Cenotaph.

weeping.
κλαίουσα (klaiousa)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Nominative Feminine Singular
Strong's 2799: To weep, weep for, mourn, lament. Of uncertain affinity; to sob, i.e. Wail aloud.

[And]
οὖν (oun)
Conjunction
Strong's 3767: Therefore, then. Apparently a primary word; certainly, or accordingly.

as
ὡς (hōs)
Adverb
Strong's 5613: Probably adverb of comparative from hos; which how, i.e. In that manner.

she wept,
ἔκλαιεν (eklaien)
Verb - Imperfect Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 2799: To weep, weep for, mourn, lament. Of uncertain affinity; to sob, i.e. Wail aloud.

she bent down
παρέκυψεν (parekypsen)
Strong's 3879: To stoop, peer in, look down, look intently. From para and kupto; to bend beside, i.e. Lean over.

[to look] into
εἰς (eis)
Preposition

the
τὸ (to)
Article - Accusative Neuter Singular

tomb,
μνημεῖον (mnēmeion)
Noun - Accusative Neuter Singular
Strong's 3419: A tomb, sepulcher, monument. From mneme; a remembrance, i.e. Cenotaph.

John 20:12

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

she saw
θεωρεῖ (theōrei)
Verb - Present Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 2334: From a derivative of theaomai; to be a spectator of, i.e. Discern, (experience) or intensively (acknowledge).

two
δύο (dyo)
Adjective - Accusative Masculine Plural
Strong's 1417: Two. A primary numeral; 'two'.

angels
ἀγγέλους (angelous)
Noun - Accusative Masculine Plural
Strong's 32: From aggello; a messenger; especially an 'angel'; by implication, a pastor.

in
ἐν (en)
Preposition

white
λευκοῖς (leukois)
Adjective - Dative Neuter Plural
Strong's 3022: White, bright, brilliant. From luke; white.

sitting
καθεζομένους (kathezomenous)
Verb - Present Participle Middle or Passive - Accusative Masculine Plural
Strong's 2516: To be sitting, sit down, be seated. From kata and the base of hedraios; to sit down.

where
ὅπου (hopou)
Adverb
Strong's 3699: Where, whither, in what place. From hos and pou; what(-ever) where, i.e. At whichever spot.

the
τὸ (to)
Article - Nominative Neuter Singular

body
σῶμα (sōma)
Noun - Nominative Neuter Singular
Strong's 4983: Body, flesh; the body of the Church. From sozo; the body, used in a very wide application, literally or figuratively.

of Jesus
Ἰησοῦ (Iēsou)
Noun - Genitive Masculine Singular
Strong's 2424: Of Hebrew origin; Jesus, the name of our Lord and two other Israelites.

had lain,
ἔκειτο (ekeito)
Verb - Imperfect Indicative Middle or Passive - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 2749: To lie, recline, be placed, be laid, set, specially appointed, destined. Middle voice of a primary verb; to lie outstretched.

one
ἕνα (hena)
Adjective - Accusative Masculine Singular
Strong's 1520: One. (including the neuter Hen); a primary numeral; one.

at
πρὸς (pros)
Preposition
Strong's 4314: To, towards, with. A strengthened form of pro; a preposition of direction; forward to, i.e. Toward.

the
τῇ (tē)

head
κεφαλῇ (kephalē)
Strong's 2776: From the primary kapto; the head, literally or figuratively.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

[the other]
ἕνα (hena)
Adjective - Accusative Masculine Singular

at
πρὸς (pros)
Preposition
Strong's 4314: To, towards, with. A strengthened form of pro; a preposition of direction; forward to, i.e. Toward.

the
τοῖς (tois)
Article - Dative Masculine Plural

feet.
ποσίν (posin)
Noun - Dative Masculine Plural
Strong's 4228: The foot. A primary word; a 'foot'.

John 20:13

“Woman,
Γύναι (Gynai)
Noun - Vocative Feminine Singular
Strong's 1135: A woman, wife, my lady. Probably from the base of ginomai; a woman; specially, a wife.

why
τί (ti)
Interrogative / Indefinite Pronoun - Accusative Neuter Singular
Strong's 5101: Who, which, what, why. Probably emphatic of tis; an interrogative pronoun, who, which or what.

are you weeping?”
κλαίεις (klaieis)
Verb - Present Indicative Active - 2nd Person Singular

they
ἐκεῖνοι (ekeinoi)
Demonstrative Pronoun - Nominative Masculine Plural
Strong's 1565: That, that one there, yonder. From ekei; that one (neuter) thing); often intensified by the article prefixed.

asked.
λέγουσιν (legousin)
Verb - Present Indicative Active - 3rd Person Plural
Strong's 3004: (a) I say, speak; I mean, mention, tell, (b) I call, name, especially in the pass., (c) I tell, command.

“Because
Ὅτι (Hoti)
Conjunction
Strong's 3754: Neuter of hostis as conjunction; demonstrative, that; causative, because.

they have taken
Ἦραν (Ēran)
Strong's 142: To raise, lift up, take away, remove.

my
μου (mou)

Lord {away},”
Κύριόν (Kyrion)
Strong's 2962: Lord, master, sir; the Lord. From kuros; supreme in authority, i.e. controller; by implication, Master.

she said,
Λέγει (Legei)
Strong's 3004: (a) I say, speak; I mean, mention, tell, (b) I call, name, especially in the pass., (c) I tell, command.

“and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

I do not know
οἶδα (oida)
Verb - Perfect Indicative Active - 1st Person Singular
Strong's 1492: To know, remember, appreciate.

where
ποῦ (pou)
Adverb
Strong's 4226: Genitive case of an interrogative pronoun pos otherwise obsolete; as adverb of place; at what locality.

they have put
ἔθηκαν (ethēkan)
Strong's 5087: To put, place, lay, set, fix, establish. A prolonged form of a primary theo to place.

Him.”
αὐτόν (auton)

John 20:14

When she had said
εἰποῦσα (eipousa)
Verb - Aorist Participle Active - Nominative Feminine Singular
Strong's 2036: Answer, bid, bring word, command. A primary verb; to speak or say.

this,
Ταῦτα (Tauta)
Demonstrative Pronoun - Accusative Neuter Plural
Strong's 3778: This; he, she, it.

she turned
ἐστράφη (estraphē)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Passive - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 4762: Strengthened from the base of trope; to twist, i.e. Turn quite around or reverse.

around
ὀπίσω (opisō)
Adverb
Strong's 3694: Behind, after; back, backwards. From the same as opisthen with enclitic of direction; to the back, i.e. Aback.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

saw
θεωρεῖ (theōrei)
Strong's 2334: From a derivative of theaomai; to be a spectator of, i.e. Discern, (experience) or intensively (acknowledge).

Jesus
Ἰησοῦν (Iēsoun)
Strong's 2424: Of Hebrew origin; Jesus, the name of our Lord and two other Israelites.

standing [there];
ἑστῶτα (hestōta)
Verb - Perfect Participle Active - Accusative Masculine Singular
Strong's 2476: A prolonged form of a primary stao stah'-o; to stand, used in various applications.

[but]
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

she did not recognize
ᾔδει (ēdei)
Verb - Pluperfect Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 1492: To know, remember, appreciate.

that
ὅτι (hoti)
Conjunction
Strong's 3754: Neuter of hostis as conjunction; demonstrative, that; causative, because.

it was
ἐστιν (estin)
Strong's 1510: I am, exist. The first person singular present indicative; a prolonged form of a primary and defective verb; I exist.

Jesus.
Ἰησοῦς (Iēsous)
Noun - Nominative Masculine Singular

John 20:15

“Woman,
Γύναι (Gynai)
Strong's 1135: A woman, wife, my lady. Probably from the base of ginomai; a woman; specially, a wife.

why
τί (ti)
Interrogative / Indefinite Pronoun - Accusative Neuter Singular
Strong's 5101: Who, which, what, why. Probably emphatic of tis; an interrogative pronoun, who, which or what.

are you weeping?”
κλαίεις (klaieis)

Jesus
Ἰησοῦς (Iēsous)

asked.
λέγει (legei)

“Whom
τίνα (tina)
Interrogative / Indefinite Pronoun - Accusative Masculine Singular

are you seeking?”
ζητεῖς (zēteis)
Strong's 2212: To seek, search for, desire, require, demand. Of uncertain affinity; to seek; specially, to worship, or to plot.

Thinking
δοκοῦσα (dokousa)
Strong's 1380: A prolonged form of a primary verb, doko dok'-o of the same meaning; to think; by implication, to seem.

He was
ἐστιν (estin)
Strong's 1510: I am, exist. The first person singular present indicative; a prolonged form of a primary and defective verb; I exist.

the
ὁ (ho)
Article - Nominative Masculine Singular

gardener,
κηπουρός (kēpouros)
Strong's 2780: A gardener, garden-keeper. From kepos and ouros; a garden-keeper, i.e. Gardener.

she
Ἐκείνη (Ekeinē)
Demonstrative Pronoun - Nominative Feminine Singular
Strong's 1565: That, that one there, yonder. From ekei; that one (neuter) thing); often intensified by the article prefixed.

said,
λέγει (legei)

“Sir,
Κύριε (Kyrie)
Noun - Vocative Masculine Singular
Strong's 2962: Lord, master, sir; the Lord. From kuros; supreme in authority, i.e. controller; by implication, Master.

if
εἰ (ei)
Conjunction
Strong's 1487: If. A primary particle of conditionality; if, whether, that, etc.

you
σὺ (sy)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Nominative 2nd Person Singular

have carried Him off,
ἐβάστασας (ebastasas)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 2nd Person Singular
Strong's 941: Perhaps remotely derived from the base of basis; to lift, literally or figuratively.

tell
εἰπέ (eipe)
Strong's 2036: Answer, bid, bring word, command. A primary verb; to speak or say.

me
μοι (moi)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative 1st Person Singular

where
ποῦ (pou)
Adverb
Strong's 4226: Genitive case of an interrogative pronoun pos otherwise obsolete; as adverb of place; at what locality.

you have put
ἔθηκας (ethēkas)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 2nd Person Singular
Strong's 5087: To put, place, lay, set, fix, establish. A prolonged form of a primary theo to place.

Him,
αὐτόν (auton)

and I
κἀγὼ (kagō)
Strong's 2504: To also, I too, but I. From kai and ego; so also the dative case kamoi, and accusative case kame and I, me.

will get Him.”
ἀρῶ (arō)
Verb - Future Indicative Active - 1st Person Singular
Strong's 142: To raise, lift up, take away, remove.

John 20:16

Jesus
Ἰησοῦς (Iēsous)

said
Λέγει (Legei)

to her,
αὐτῇ (autē)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative Feminine 3rd Person Singular

“Mary.”
Μαριάμ (Mariam)
Strong's 3137: Or Mariam of Hebrew origin; Maria or Mariam, the name of six Christian females.

She
ἐκείνη (ekeinē)
Demonstrative Pronoun - Nominative Feminine Singular

turned
Στραφεῖσα (Strapheisa)
Verb - Aorist Participle Passive - Nominative Feminine Singular
Strong's 4762: Strengthened from the base of trope; to twist, i.e. Turn quite around or reverse.

[and] said
λέγει (legei)

to Him
αὐτῷ (autō)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative Masculine 3rd Person Singular

in Aramaic,
Ἑβραϊστί (Hebraisti)
Adverb
Strong's 1447: In the Hebrew, or rather, in the Aramaic dialect. Adverb from Hebrais; Hebraistically or in the Jewish language.

“Rabboni!”
Ραββουνι (Rabbouni)
Strong's 4462: Or rhabbouni of Chaldee origin; corresponding to rhabbi.

(which
ὃ (ho)
Personal / Relative Pronoun - Nominative Neuter Singular
Strong's 3739: Who, which, what, that.

means
λέγεται (legetai)
Verb - Present Indicative Middle or Passive - 3rd Person Singular

Teacher).
Διδάσκαλε (Didaskale)
Strong's 1320: A teacher, master. From didasko; an instructor.

John 20:17

“{Do} not
Μή (Mē)
Adverb
Strong's 3361: Not, lest. A primary particle of qualified negation; not, lest; also (whereas ou expects an affirmative one) whether.

cling to
ἅπτου (haptou)
Verb - Present Imperative Middle - 2nd Person Singular
Strong's 680: Prop: I fasten to; I lay hold of, touch, know carnally. Reflexive of hapto; properly, to attach oneself to, i.e. To touch.

Me,”
μου (mou)

Jesus
Ἰησοῦς (Iēsous)

said,
Λέγει (Legei)

“for
γὰρ (gar)
Conjunction
Strong's 1063: For. A primary particle; properly, assigning a reason.

I have not yet ascended
ἀναβέβηκα (anabebēka)
Strong's 305: To go up, mount, ascend; of things: I rise, spring up, come up. From ana and the base of basis; to go up.

to
πρὸς (pros)
Preposition

the
τὸν (ton)
Article - Accusative Masculine Singular

Father.
Πατέρα (Patera)
Strong's 3962: Father, (Heavenly) Father, ancestor, elder, senior. Apparently a primary word; a 'father'.

But
δὲ (de)
Conjunction

go
πορεύου (poreuou)
Verb - Present Imperative Middle or Passive - 2nd Person Singular
Strong's 4198: To travel, journey, go, die.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

tell
εἰπὲ (eipe)

My
μου (mou)

brothers,
ἀδελφούς (adelphous)
Noun - Accusative Masculine Plural
Strong's 80: A brother, member of the same religious community, especially a fellow-Christian. A brother near or remote.

‘I am ascending
Ἀναβαίνω (Anabainō)
Strong's 305: To go up, mount, ascend; of things: I rise, spring up, come up. From ana and the base of basis; to go up.

to
πρὸς (pros)
Preposition

My
μου (mou)

Father
Πατέρα (Patera)

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

your
ὑμῶν (hymōn)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive 2nd Person Plural

Father,
Πατέρα (Patera)

to My
μου (mou)

God
Θεόν (Theon)
Strong's 2316: A deity, especially the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

your
ὑμῶν (hymōn)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive 2nd Person Plural

God.�”
Θεὸν (Theon)

John 20:18

Mary
Μαριὰμ (Mariam)

Magdalene
Μαγδαληνὴ (Magdalēnē)
Strong's 3094: Magdalene, a woman of Magdala. Feminine of a derivative of Magdala; a female Magdalene, i.e. Inhabitant of Magdala.

went
Ἔρχεται (Erchetai)
Verb - Present Indicative Middle or Passive - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 2064: To come, go.

and announced
ἀγγέλλουσα (angellousa)
Strong's 518: To report (from one place to another), bring a report, announce, declare. From apo and the base of aggelos; to announce.

to the
τοῖς (tois)
Article - Dative Masculine Plural

disciples,
μαθηταῖς (mathētais)
Noun - Dative Masculine Plural
Strong's 3101: A learner, disciple, pupil. From manthano; a learner, i.e. Pupil.

“I have seen
Ἑώρακα (Heōraka)
Strong's 3708: Properly, to stare at, i.e. to discern clearly; by extension, to attend to; by Hebraism, to experience; passively, to appear.

the
τὸν (ton)

Lord!”
Κύριον (Kyrion)

And [she told them]
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

[what]
ταῦτα (tauta)
Demonstrative Pronoun - Accusative Neuter Plural

He had said
εἶπεν (eipen)

to her.
αὐτῇ (autē)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative Feminine 3rd Person Singular

John 20:19

It was
Οὔσης (Ousēs)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Genitive Feminine Singular

the
τῇ (tē)

first
μιᾷ (mia)
Adjective - Dative Feminine Singular

day
ἡμέρᾳ (hēmera)
Strong's 2250: A day, the period from sunrise to sunset.

of [the] week,
σαββάτων (sabbatōn)
Noun - Genitive Neuter Plural
Strong's 4521: The Sabbath, a week.

[and that]
τῇ (tē)

very
ἐκείνῃ (ekeinē)
Demonstrative Pronoun - Dative Feminine Singular

evening,
ὀψίας (opsias)
Adjective - Genitive Feminine Singular
Strong's 3798: Late, evening. From opse; late; feminine afternoon or nightfall.

while
ὅπου (hopou)
Adverb
Strong's 3699: Where, whither, in what place. From hos and pou; what(-ever) where, i.e. At whichever spot.

the
οἱ (hoi)
Article - Nominative Masculine Plural

disciples
μαθηταὶ (mathētai)
Noun - Nominative Masculine Plural
Strong's 3101: A learner, disciple, pupil. From manthano; a learner, i.e. Pupil.

were [together]
ἦσαν (ēsan)
Verb - Imperfect Indicative Active - 3rd Person Plural

with
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

the
τῶν (tōn)
Article - Genitive Feminine Plural

doors
θυρῶν (thyrōn)
Noun - Genitive Feminine Plural
Strong's 2374: (a) a door, (b) met: an opportunity. Apparently a primary word; a portal or entrance.

κεκλεισμένων (kekleismenōn)
Verb - Perfect Participle Middle or Passive - Genitive Feminine Plural
Strong's 2808: To shut, shut up. A primary verb; to close.

for
διὰ (dia)
Preposition
Strong's 1223: A primary preposition denoting the channel of an act; through.

fear
φόβον (phobon)
Strong's 5401: (a) fear, terror, alarm, (b) the object or cause of fear, (c) reverence, respect. From a primary phebomai; alarm or fright.

of the
τῶν (tōn)
Article - Genitive Masculine Plural

Jews,
Ἰουδαίων (Ioudaiōn)
Adjective - Genitive Masculine Plural
Strong's 2453: Jewish. From Iouda; Judaean, i.e. Belonging to Jehudah.

Jesus
Ἰησοῦς (Iēsous)

came
ἦλθεν (ēlthen)

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

stood
ἔστη (estē)

among them.
μέσον (meson)
Adjective - Accusative Neuter Singular
Strong's 3319: Middle, in the middle, between, in the midst of. From meta; middle (neuter) noun).

�Peace [be]
Εἰρήνη (Eirēnē)
Strong's 1515: Probably from a primary verb eiro; peace; by implication, prosperity.

with you!�
ὑμῖν (hymin)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative 2nd Person Plural

He said
λέγει (legei)

to them.
αὐτοῖς (autois)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative Masculine 3rd Person Plural

John 20:20

[After]
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

He had said
εἰπὼν (eipōn)

this,
τοῦτο (touto)
Demonstrative Pronoun - Accusative Neuter Singular

He showed
ἔδειξεν (edeixen)
Strong's 1166: A prolonged form of an obsolete primary of the same meaning; to show.

them
αὐτοῖς (autois)

His
τὰς (tas)
Article - Accusative Feminine Plural

hands
χεῖρας (cheiras)
Strong's 5495: A hand.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

His
τὴν (tēn)
Article - Accusative Feminine Singular

side.
πλευρὰν (pleuran)
Strong's 4125: The side of the body. Of uncertain affinity; a rib, i.e. side.

The
οἱ (hoi)
Article - Nominative Masculine Plural

disciples
μαθηταὶ (mathētai)
Noun - Nominative Masculine Plural

rejoiced
Ἐχάρησαν (Echarēsan)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Passive - 3rd Person Plural
Strong's 5463: A primary verb; to be 'cheer'ful, i.e. Calmly happy or well-off; impersonally, especially as salutation, be well.

when they saw
ἰδόντες (idontes)
Verb - Aorist Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Plural
Strong's 3708: Properly, to stare at, i.e. to discern clearly; by extension, to attend to; by Hebraism, to experience; passively, to appear.

the
τὸν (ton)

Lord.
Κύριον (Kyrion)

John 20:21

Again
πάλιν (palin)
Adverb
Strong's 3825: Probably from the same as pale; anew, i.e. back, once more, or furthermore or on the other hand.

Jesus
Ἰησοῦς (Iēsous)

said
Εἶπεν (Eipen)

to them,
αὐτοῖς (autois)

“Peace [be]
Εἰρήνη (Eirēnē)
Strong's 1515: Probably from a primary verb eiro; peace; by implication, prosperity.

with you.
ὑμῖν (hymin)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative 2nd Person Plural

As
καθὼς (kathōs)
Adverb
Strong's 2531: According to the manner in which, in the degree that, just as, as. From kata and hos; just as, that.

the
ὁ (ho)
Article - Nominative Masculine Singular

Father
Πατήρ (Patēr)

has sent Me,
ἀπέσταλκέν (apestalken)
Verb - Perfect Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 649: From apo and stello; set apart, i.e. to send out literally or figuratively.

so also I
κἀγὼ (kagō)
Strong's 2504: To also, I too, but I. From kai and ego; so also the dative case kamoi, and accusative case kame and I, me.

am sending
πέμπω (pempō)
Strong's 3992: To send, transmit, permit to go, put forth.

you.”
ὑμᾶς (hymas)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative 2nd Person Plural

John 20:22

[When]
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

He had said
εἰπὼν (eipōn)

this,
τοῦτο (touto)
Demonstrative Pronoun - Accusative Neuter Singular

He breathed on [them]
ἐνεφύσησεν (enephysēsen)
Strong's 1720: To breathe into, breathe upon. From en and phusao; to blow at or on.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

said,
λέγει (legei)

“Receive
Λάβετε (Labete)
Verb - Aorist Imperative Active - 2nd Person Plural
Strong's 2983: (a) I receive, get, (b) I take, lay hold of.

[the] Holy
Ἅγιον (Hagion)
Adjective - Accusative Neuter Singular
Strong's 40: Set apart by (or for) God, holy, sacred. From hagos; sacred.

Spirit.
Πνεῦμα (Pneuma)
Noun - Accusative Neuter Singular
Strong's 4151: Wind, breath, spirit.

John 20:23

If
ἄν (an)
Particle
Strong's 302: A primary particle, denoting a supposition, wish, possibility or uncertainty.

you forgive
ἀφῆτε (aphēte)
Verb - Aorist Subjunctive Active - 2nd Person Plural
Strong's 863: From apo and hiemi; to send forth, in various applications.

anyone his
τινων (tinōn)
Interrogative / Indefinite Pronoun - Genitive Masculine Plural
Strong's 5100: Any one, some one, a certain one or thing. An enclitic indefinite pronoun; some or any person or object.

sins,
ἁμαρτίας (hamartias)
Strong's 266: From hamartano; a sin.

they are forgiven;
ἀφέωνται (apheōntai)
Verb - Perfect Indicative Middle or Passive - 3rd Person Plural
Strong's 863: From apo and hiemi; to send forth, in various applications.

if
ἄν (an)
Particle
Strong's 302: A primary particle, denoting a supposition, wish, possibility or uncertainty.

you withhold [forgiveness]
κρατῆτε (kratēte)
Verb - Present Subjunctive Active - 2nd Person Plural
Strong's 2902: From kratos; to use strength, i.e. Seize or retain.

from anyone,
τινων (tinōn)
Interrogative / Indefinite Pronoun - Genitive Masculine Plural
Strong's 5100: Any one, some one, a certain one or thing. An enclitic indefinite pronoun; some or any person or object.

it is withheld.”
κεκράτηνται (kekratēntai)
Verb - Perfect Indicative Middle or Passive - 3rd Person Plural
Strong's 2902: From kratos; to use strength, i.e. Seize or retain.

Now
δὲ (de)
Conjunction

Thomas
Θωμᾶς (Thōmas)
Strong's 2381: Thomas, also called Didymus, one of the Twelve. Of Chaldee origin; the twin; Thomas, a Christian.

called
λεγόμενος (legomenos)
Verb - Present Participle Middle or Passive - Nominative Masculine Singular

Didymus,
Δίδυμος (Didymos)
Strong's 1324: The Twin; Didymus, the Greek name equivalent to Thomas. Prolongation from dis; double, i.e. Twin; Didymus, a Christian.

one
εἷς (heis)
Adjective - Nominative Masculine Singular

of
ἐκ (ek)
Preposition
Strong's 1537: From out, out from among, from, suggesting from the interior outwards. A primary preposition denoting origin, from, out.

the
τῶν (tōn)
Article - Genitive Masculine Plural

Twelve,
δώδεκα (dōdeka)
Adjective - Genitive Masculine Plural
Strong's 1427: Twelve; the usual way in which the Twelve apostles of Jesus are referred to. From duo and deka; two and ten, i.e. A dozen.

was
ἦν (ēn)
Verb - Imperfect Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular

not
οὐκ (ouk)
Adverb
Strong's 3756: No, not. Also ouk, and ouch a primary word; the absolute negative adverb; no or not.

with
μετ’ (met’)
Preposition
Strong's 3326: (a) gen: with, in company with, (b) acc: (1) behind, beyond, after, of place, (2) after, of time, with nouns, neut. of adjectives.

[the disciples]
αὐτῶν (autōn)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive Masculine 3rd Person Plural

when
ὅτε (hote)
Adverb
Strong's 3753: When, at which time. From hos and te; at which too, i.e. When.

Jesus
Ἰησοῦς (Iēsous)

came.
ἦλθεν (ēlthen)

Back