• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Bible

Bri

1 Corinthians 14:33 King James Version (KJV)
33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

What version of the next verse is correct?

Mark 1:41 King James Version (KJV)
41 And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth his hand, and touched him, and saith unto him, I will; be thou clean.

Or...

Mark 1:41 New International Version (NIV)
41 Jesus was indignant.[a] He reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!”

The other gospel witnesses use the word compassion
Because the codex bezae uses indignant...
Is this considered an critical insertion?

Willy

Pro Poster
Welcome to CTZ

Wow … you are brave my dear, I usually write a lot on this subject and then don't post, ... just so I don't have to argue merits of this or that version.

I take this tack … If we consider the Word of God to be The Sword of The Spirit, then who are we to suggest that one Sword is sharper than another or is not worthy. God can choose which of His Swords He will use and me thinks He can use them all. That does not mean I don't think He has a favorite …

:tiphat:

Bri

2 Timothy 3:16-17 King James Version (KJV)
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect,
thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
2 Timothy 4:3-4 King James Version (KJV)
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Bri

1 Corinthians 14:33 King James Version (KJV)
33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

What version of the next verse is correct?

Mark 1:41 King James Version (KJV)
41 And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth his hand, and touched him, and saith unto him, I will; be thou clean.

Or...

Mark 1:41 New International Version (NIV)
41 Jesus was indignant.[a] He reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!”

The other gospel witnesses use the word compassion
Because the codex bezae uses indignant...
Is this considered an critical insertion?
Amos 3:3 King James Version (KJV)
3 Can two walk together, except they be agreed?
1 Corinthians 1:10

“Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.”
King James Version (KJV)

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
The message is what matter. We do not have a word for word translation.

Easter replacing Passover is an error.