• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Bible

Bri

1 Corinthians 14:33 King James Version (KJV)
33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

What version of the next verse is correct?

Mark 1:41 King James Version (KJV)
41 And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth his hand, and touched him, and saith unto him, I will; be thou clean.

Or...

Mark 1:41 New International Version (NIV)
41 Jesus was indignant.[a] He reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!”

The other gospel witnesses use the word compassion
Because the codex bezae uses indignant...
Is this considered an critical insertion?

Willy

Pro Poster
Welcome to CTZ

Wow … you are brave my dear, I usually write a lot on this subject and then don't post, ... just so I don't have to argue merits of this or that version.

I take this tack … If we consider the Word of God to be The Sword of The Spirit, then who are we to suggest that one Sword is sharper than another or is not worthy. God can choose which of His Swords He will use and me thinks He can use them all. That does not mean I don't think He has a favorite …

:tiphat:

Bri

2 Timothy 3:16-17 King James Version (KJV)
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect,
thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
2 Timothy 4:3-4 King James Version (KJV)
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Bri

1 Corinthians 14:33 King James Version (KJV)
33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

What version of the next verse is correct?

Mark 1:41 King James Version (KJV)
41 And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth his hand, and touched him, and saith unto him, I will; be thou clean.

Or...

Mark 1:41 New International Version (NIV)
41 Jesus was indignant.[a] He reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!”

The other gospel witnesses use the word compassion
Because the codex bezae uses indignant...
Is this considered an critical insertion?

Amos 3:3 King James Version (KJV)
3 Can two walk together, except they be agreed?
1 Corinthians 1:10

“Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.”
King James Version (KJV)

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
The message is what matter. We do not have a word for word translation.

Easter replacing Passover is an error.

RazorbackJames

The message is what matter. We do not have a word for word translation.

Easter replacing Passover is an error.
Tyndale in his translating the Bible into English, decided to use the word Easter in place of Passover as the Reformation was still at a young start. So as not to confuse the Christian Feast know as Easter with the Passover/Unleavened Bread although I myself would have preferred First Fruits/ Firstfruits I see no problems with Easter. As I understand it all the early English Bible til the Geneva Bible slowly cut down it usage. The Geneva being the first without it. Wycliffe Translation being before Tyndale of course used the proper word Passover. Being a TRP I see no problem with Easter although not crazy about it. But strongly agree the message is what is important.

Can not in good conscience recommend any newer translations to anyone but what ever the Spirit of God leads a person to read for their translation just please READ IT! My biggest problem at least twice Bible Criticism question 12 or more straight verses authenticity Mark 16:9-20; and John 7:53-8:11. I just picture the serpent’s challenge to Eve: Yea, hath God said…. Genesis 3:1

RazorbackJames

Yes I agree but to the average Christian (even many true believers) Easter is consider the holiday of Christ resurrection. I would summit that the Feast of First Fruits spoken of in Leviticus 23:9-14 right in the middle of the passage of the Feast of Unleavened Bread and Passover is a picture of Christ Resurrection, which could be consider a law to celebrate this day, for even Paul states:
20) But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the Firstfruits of them that slept.
23) But every man in his own order: Christ the Firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ’s at His coming.
I Corinthians 15:20, 23.

I see this as being the liberty we have in Christ. If Easter offends someone they should keep it to themself. But if someone see Easter as the celebration of our Master and Redeemer by raising from dead praise God as long as Christ gets the glory it is a wonderful and beautiful thing. Me, myself I don’t like the word Easter, but IMO God delights in those who do and truly honor Him on that day.
One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemed every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
Romans 15:5

I know many consider Easter a pagan term but from what I have learn many of the Jewish months names have the same type of connectio.

Willy

Pro Poster
Yes I agree but to the average Christian (even many true believers) Easter is consider the holiday of Christ resurrection. I would summit that the Feast of First Fruits spoken of in Leviticus 23:9-14 right in the middle of the passage of the Feast of Unleavened Bread and Passover is a picture of Christ Resurrection, which could be consider a law to celebrate this day, for even Paul states:
20) But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the Firstfruits of them that slept.
23) But every man in his own order: Christ the Firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ’s at His coming.
I Corinthians 15:20, 23.

I see this as being the liberty we have in Christ. If Easter offends someone they should keep it to themself. But if someone see Easter as the celebration of our Master and Redeemer by raising from dead praise God as long as Christ gets the glory it is a wonderful and beautiful thing. Me, myself I don’t like the word Easter, but IMO God delights in those who do and truly honor Him on that day.
One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemed every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
Romans 15:5

I know many consider Easter a pagan term but from what I have learn many of the Jewish months names have the same type of connectio.
:thumbup::thumbup:

RazorbackJames

To my
But in the Bible a mistranslation. Another KJV error.

It takes a particular type of person to criticize another man's Sword being used to fight against a common enemy.

One must speculate for whom that person is actually fighting.
AMEN!

CoreIssue, should I than tell the Jews that Esther 3:7 which calls Abib, Nisan can not be used because Nisan has pagan connections, lest we forget this is the month of Passover/Unleavened Bread. For Moses calls the first month Abib Exodus 13:4, 23:15; 34:18; Deuteronomy 16:1 yet the writer of Esther calls it Nisan after which the Hebrew people call it today.

To say that Easter is a pagan term is an untruth, but to say it is most likely a pagan term I will agreed to. You can say the KJV has a mistake, I don’t believe it does, just like I see YLT and the Jubilee Bible to be complete whole and perfect Words of God along with many others. In your hated for KJVO, IMO you are becoming just as extreme if not much more extreme than their extremist. There are many KJVO who I greatly admire not those to the most extreme, but those who like myself think that Our Father in heaven is more than able to preserve His Scripture for us today.

Again the Church after a long age of being in darkness was just freshly coming out of Romanism. Tyndale thought that by calling Passover the Passover it would cause confusion and discord, I Corinthians 14:33. Please let those who love the KJV alone unless they are in all good conscience trying to shoved it down your throat.