• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Where was Jesus for the three days

Thine Own Way Lord

Getting Started

1Pe 3:19

εν In - ω whom και also - τοις those - εν in - φυλακη prison - πνευμασιν the spirit - πορευθεις has went - εκηρυξεν preaching

IN WHOM ALSO THOSE IN PRISON THE SPIRIT HAS WENT PREACHING

:20

απειθησασιν They that believed not - ποτε never - οτε then - απαξ were once - εξεδεχετο expecting - η that - του the - θεου God - μακροθυμια was longsuffering - εν in - ημεραις of the days - νωε Noah - κατασκευαζομενης was preparing - κιβωτου the ark - εις into - ην which - ολιγαι as few as - τουτεστιν that were - οκτω eight - ψυχαι souls - διεσωθησαν were saved - δι by - υδατος water

THEY THAT BELIEVED NOT,, NEVER THEN, WERE ONCE EXPECTING THAT THE GOD WAS LONGSUFFERING IN

OF THE DAYS NOAH WAS PREPARING THE ARK

INTO WHICH AS FEW AS THAT WERE EIGHT SOULS WERE SAVED BY WATER

MEANING - topic - context - saying

:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust,

:19 In whom also those in prison the spirit has went preaching.

also

:20 They that believed not,, never then, were once expecting that the God was longsuffering in of the days Noah was preparing the ark

into which as few as that were eight souls were saved by water.

I would view the passage

as the passage is simply saying

the thought never crossed their wicked minds - of - that in the days of the flood the unbelievers never, never, never even expected or considered the thought that God was longsuffering but today Jesus Christ has given an opportunity for the unjust, even those who have gone to prison, the spirit has preached unto them

something the unbelievers never imagined, considered, or expected because they were completely evil and corrupt.

even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

just a single comparison - to the days of the flood - compared to what Christ is doing now in the prison ministry for the unjust. very simply

Last edited:
I say that because as I was trying to reconcile the differences between the translations and the manuscript I continually began to feel hypnotized

Jesus was completely dead -

the Spirit of Holy that was his very spirit was separated and left his body - the Spirit of God within him , left the body and took on the form, role, manifestation and journey of a human spirit, leaving the body and sinking down into the earth -

the Spirit of God - then resurrected the body - re - entereing in the body of the dead Lord Jesus Christ and he was raised from the dead

Hee-hee!
Same old Church Dogma, he was "dead" but "alive".
Not guided by God's spirit, but Churchianity's spirit.

Back