• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

The Pale Blue Dot

By these definitions, we should call Sagan an agnostic. And yet … to my ear, “agnostic” doesn’t quite capture the skepticism that Sagan brought to the issue.

bottom line is Sagan is in hell,

By these definitions, we should call Sagan an agnostic. And yet … to my ear, “agnostic” doesn’t quite capture the skepticism that Sagan brought to the issue.

bottom line is Sagan is in hell,

The thread wasn’t started with the intention of speaking about where Sagan is. He’s dead. My intention was to focus readers’ attention on God and the earth.

For instance, who created the earth?

“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. “

(Genesis 1:1)

The earth isn’t - as Sagan said in his excellent but flawed speech - insignificant. It could only be insignificant - and relatively at that - if God is removed from picture.

“I believe in God, the Father Almighty, creator of heaven and earth.”

(The Apostles’ Creed)

This is what I believe and, because I do, the earth - a pale blue dot in the universe, fair to say - is by no means an insignificant speck of dust.

Thanks for bringing my thread back from oblivion @CoreIssue but why did you place it in “JLG Commentaries - catholic sources”?

I’m not Catholic. Sagan wasn’t Catholic. It has nothing to do with @JLG, though he is certainly welcome to participate in the thread.

Thanks for bringing my thread back from oblivion @CoreIssue but why did you place it in “JLG Commentaries - catholic sources”?

I’m not Catholic. Sagan wasn’t Catholic. It has nothing to do with @JLG, though he is certainly welcome to participate in the thread.
- I'm not either!

@CoreIssue has started a thread now, using something I wrote, claiming that you attacked him. I don’t know what’s going on with him but I want you to know that I had nothing to do with the false accusation he made against you.

- I'm not either!

@CoreIssue has started a thread now, using something I wrote, claiming that you attacked him. I don’t know what’s going on with him but I want you to know that I had nothing to do with the false accusation he made against you.
- It doesn't really matter!
- It's probably the same when people see something happen!
- They usually perceive reality in different ways!
- We can say the same about the apostles!
- They speak about the same events with variations!

- I'm not either!

- It doesn't really matter!
- It's probably the same when people see something happen!
- They usually perceive reality in different ways!
- We can say the same about the apostles!
- They speak about the same events with variations!

You’ve taken a generous approach to the issue. It speaks well of your character and is highly commendable.

I’m doing what I can to help him revitalize CTZ and attract people to come here. This action of his, left standing without apology, undermines that effort.

Has it happened before with others? Is that why CTZ is in decline? I really don’t know. That’s why I asked @QuestionIt! about it.

Was it a simple mistake? It doesn’t look like it but I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

A simple mistake and an apology is one thing. That’s easy to recover from.

A deliberate malicious act and no apology is another. That’s not easy to recover from.

good grief, this was brought up in more than one thread so responded to in more than one. and comments like yours are why you a are in this forum only and not getting support from long time members.

you are doing personal attack, which are bot allowed.

Last edited:
Back