• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

The men who knew too much

TheWordIsOne

Getting Started

The man who knew too much

Deuteronomy 29:19-20 (ASV) and it comes to pass, when he heareth the words of this curse, that he bless himself in his heart, saying, I shall have peace, though I walk in the stubbornness of my heart, to destroy the moist with the dry.

Jeremiah 13:13 (NKJV) Then you shall say to them, 'Thus says the LORD: "Behold, I will fill all the inhabitants of this land--even the kings who sit on David's throne, the priests, the prophets, and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem--with drunkenness!

Deuteronomy 29: 20 (NKJV) Jehovah will not pardon him, but then the anger of Jehovah and his jealousy will smoke against that man, and all the curse that is written in this book shall lie upon him, and Jehovah will blot out his name from under heaven.

Ezekiel 23:33 (NKJV) You will be filled with drunkenness and sorrow, The cup of horror and desolation, The cup of your sister Samaria.

Luke 21:34 (NKJV) "But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly.

Proverbs 23:21 (KJV) For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty: and drowsiness shall clothe a man with rags.

Proverbs 26:9 (KJV) As a thorn goeth up into the hand of a drunkard, so is a parable in the mouth of fools.

Luke 7:33-35 (NKJV) For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine, and you say, 'He has a demon.'
The Son of Man has come eating and drinking, and you say, 'Look, a glutton and a winebibber, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!'

Luke 15:1-2 (NKJV) Then all the tax collectors and the sinners drew near to Him to hear Him.
And the Pharisees and scribes complained, saying, "This Man receives sinners and eats with them." But wisdom is justified by all her children."

Matthew 9:9-13 (NKJV) As Jesus passed on from there, He saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax office. And He said to him, "Follow Me." So he arose and followed Him.
Now it happened, as Jesus sat at the table in the house that beholds, many tax collectors and sinners came and sat down with Him and His disciples.
And when the Pharisees saw it, they said to His disciples, "Why does your Teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?"
When Jesus heard that, He said to them, "Those who well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.
But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy and not sacrifice.' For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance."

Matthew 24:2 (NKJV) And Jesus said to them, "Do you not see all these things? Assuredly, I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown down."

That's an interesting post, but who are they? The people who know too much? Sorry, all that phrase puts me in mind of right now is Edward Snowdon and his weepy over Iraqi. You appear to be referencing the scribes an Pharisees, and all I can really think of a passage in Josephus that claims that Herod built his temple out of keeping with the plans Solomon had. He claims that Herod was paranoid, and thought that someone would try to take his office. Also, in the Gospels, it describes Herod as wicked and in league with the oppressive Romans, but it says that he was King Herod, even though it also demonstrates in the begets that Jesus is the one really descended from the line of Jessie, who was the father of David, who was the first legitimate King, I guess, at least in the sense that Saul apparently TOTALLY apostatized and consulted a witch and everything, while David's own mistakes were more temporal (the affair with Bathsheba and the murder of Uriah.) So what do you mean, people who knew too much, how could it be possible to actually know too much? I think there's a part where you're supposed to actually come into a fullness of understanding, so in that sense if you believe pray and study, you'll know everything anyway, or at least you'll know as much as you need to know, or at most you'll know Jesus, who says He's the way the truth and the life. And also, John says "You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free", so if you know the truth don't you just know everything? People who knew too much? Sounds more to me like they kept a bunch of false beliefs, or his the real truth from other people who weren't collaborating with Rome.

Back