• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Looking for sincerity

Romans 1:29 (Biblehub)

They have become filled with

πεπληρωμένους (peplērōmenous)

Verb - Perfect Participle Middle or Passive - Accusative Masculine Plural

Strong's 4137: From pleres; to make replete, i.e. to cram, level up, or to furnish, satisfy, execute, finish, verify, etc.

every kind of

πάσῃ (pasē)

Adjective - Dative Feminine Singular

Strong's 3956: All, the whole, every kind of. Including all the forms of declension; apparently a primary word; all, any, every, the whole.

wickedness,

ἀδικίᾳ (adikia)

Noun - Dative Feminine Singular

Strong's 93: Injustice, unrighteousness, hurt. From adikos; injustice; morally, wrongfulness.

evil,

πονηρίᾳ (ponēria)

Strong's 4189: Wickedness, iniquities. From poneros; depravity, i.e., malice; plural plots, sins.

greed,

πλεονεξίᾳ (pleonexia)

Strong's 4124: Covetousness, avarice, aggression, desire for advantage. From pleonektes; avarice, i.e. fraudulency, extortion.

[and] hatred.

κακίᾳ (kakia)

Strong's 2549: From kakos; badness, i.e. depravity, or malignity, or trouble.

[They are] full

μεστοὺς (mestous)

Adjective - Accusative Masculine Plural

Strong's 3324: Full, filled with. Of uncertain derivation.

of envy,

φθόνου (phthonou)

Noun - Genitive Masculine Singular

Strong's 5355: Envy, a grudge, spite. Probably akin to the base of phtheiro; ill-will, i.e. Jealousy.

murder,

φόνου (phonou)

Strong's 5408: Murder, slaughter, killing. From an obsolete primary pheno; murder.

strife,

ἔριδος (eridos)

Noun - Genitive Feminine Singular

Strong's 2054: Contention, strife, wrangling. Of uncertain affinity; a quarrel, i.e. wrangling.

deceit,

δόλου (dolou)

Strong's 1388: Deceit, guile, treachery. From an obsolete primary verb, dello; a trick, i.e. wile.

[and] malice.

κακοηθείας (kakoētheias)

Noun - Genitive Feminine Singular

Strong's 2550: Evil-mindedness, malignity, malevolence. From a compound of kakos and ethos; bad character, i.e. mischievousness.

[They are] gossips,

ψιθυριστάς (psithyristas)

Noun - Accusative Masculine Plural

Strong's 5588: A whisperer, secret slanderer. From the same as psithurismos; a secret calumniator.

New Living Translation

Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, quarreling, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip.

- CORRECT

Romans 1:30 (Biblehub)

slanderers,

καταλάλους (katalalous)

Strong's 2637: Slanderous, back-biting; subst: a railer, defamer. From kata and the base of laleo; talkative against, i.e. A slanderer.

God-haters,

θεοστυγεῖς (theostygeis)

Strong's 2319: Hating God, hateful to God. From theos and the base of stugnetos; hateful to God, i.e. Impious.

insolent,

ὑβριστάς (hybristas)

Strong's 5197: An insolent, insulting, or violent man. From hubrizo; an insulter, i.e. Maltreater.

arrogant,

ὑπερηφάνους (hyperēphanous)

Strong's 5244: Proud, arrogant, disdainful. From huper and phaino; appearing above others, i.e. haughty.

[and] boastful.

ἀλαζόνας (alazonas)

Strong's 213: A boaster, one who gives one's self airs in a loud and flaunting way. From ale; braggart.

[They] invent

ἐφευρετὰς (epheuretas)

Strong's 2182: An inventor, contriver, discoverer. From a compound of epi and heurisko; a discoverer, i.e. Contriver.

[new] forms of evil;

κακῶν (kakōn)

Adjective - Genitive Neuter Plural

Strong's 2556: Bad, evil, in the widest sense. Apparently a primary word; worthless, i.e. depraved, or injurious.

they disobey

ἀπειθεῖς (apeitheis)

Strong's 545: Unbelieving, disobedient, who will not be persuaded. Unpersuadable, i.e. Contumacious.

[their] parents.

γονεῦσιν (goneusin)

Noun - Dative Masculine Plural

Strong's 1118: A begetter, father; plur: parents. From the base of ginomai; a parent.

New Living Translation

They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They invent new ways of sinning, and they disobey their parents.

- CORRECT

Romans 1:31 (Biblehub)

[They are] senseless,

ἀσυνέτους (asynetous)

Strong's 801: Unintelligent, without wisdom, unwise, undiscerning (implying probably moral defect). By implication, wicked.

faithless,

ἀσυνθέτους (asynthetous)

Strong's 802: Not covenanting, untrue to an agreement, treacherous. Properly, not agreed, i.e. Treacherous to compacts.

heartless,

ἀστόργους (astorgous)

Strong's 794: Unloving, devoid of affection. Hard-hearted towards kindred.

merciless.

ἀνελεήμονας (aneleēmonas)

Strong's 415: Unpitying, unmerciful, without compassion, cruel. Merciless.

New Living Translation

They refuse to understand, break their promises, are heartless, and have no mercy.

- CORRECT

Romans 1:32 (Biblehub)

[Although they]

οἵτινες (hoitines)

Personal / Relative Pronoun - Nominative Masculine Plural

Strong's 3748: Whosoever, whichsoever, whatsoever.

know

ἐπιγνόντες (epignontes)

Verb - Aorist Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Plural

Strong's 1921: From epi and ginosko; to know upon some mark, i.e. Recognize; by implication, to become fully acquainted with, to acknowledge.

God’s

Θεοῦ (Theou)

Strong's 2316: A deity, especially the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very.

righteous decree

δικαίωμα (dikaiōma)

Noun - Accusative Neuter Singular

Strong's 1345: From dikaioo; an equitable deed; by implication, a statute or decision.

that

ὅτι (hoti)

Conjunction

Strong's 3754: Neuter of hostis as conjunction; demonstrative, that; causative, because.

those who

οἱ (hoi)

Article - Nominative Masculine Plural

Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

do

πράσσοντες (prassontes)

Verb - Present Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Plural

Strong's 4238: To do, perform, accomplish; be in any condition, i.e. I fare; I exact, require.

such

τὰ (ta)

Article - Accusative Neuter Plural

Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

things

τοιαῦτα (toiauta)

Demonstrative Pronoun - Accusative Neuter Plural

Strong's 5108: (including the other inflections); from toi and houtos; truly this, i.e. Of this sort (to denote character or individuality).

are

εἰσίν (eisin)

Verb - Present Indicative Active - 3rd Person Plural

Strong's 1510: I am, exist. The first person singular present indicative; a prolonged form of a primary and defective verb; I exist.

worthy

ἄξιοι (axioi)

Adjective - Nominative Masculine Plural

Strong's 514: Worthy, worthy of, deserving, comparable, suitable. Probably from ago; deserving, comparable or suitable.

of death,

θανάτου (thanatou)

Strong's 2288: Death, physical or spiritual. From thnesko; death.

{they} not

οὐ (ou)

Adverb

Strong's 3756: No, not. Also ouk, and ouch a primary word; the absolute negative adverb; no or not.

only

μόνον (monon)

Adverb

Strong's 3440: Alone, but, only. Neuter of monos as adverb; merely.

continue to do

ποιοῦσιν (poiousin)

Strong's 4160: (a) I make, manufacture, construct, (b) I do, act, cause. Apparently a prolonged form of an obsolete primary; to make or do.

these things,

αὐτὰ (auta)

Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative Neuter 3rd Person Plural

Strong's 846: He, she, it, they, them, same. From the particle au; the reflexive pronoun self, used of the third person, and of the other persons.

but

ἀλλὰ (alla)

Conjunction

Strong's 235: But, except, however. Neuter plural of allos; properly, other things, i.e. contrariwise.

also

καὶ (kai)

Conjunction

Strong's 2532: And, even, also, namely.

approve of

συνευδοκοῦσιν (syneudokousin)

Strong's 4909: From sun and eudokeo; to think well of in common, i.e. Assent to, feel gratified with.

those who

τοῖς (tois)

Article - Dative Masculine Plural

practice [them].

πράσσουσιν (prassousin)

Verb - Present Participle Active - Dative Masculine Plural

Strong's 4238: To do, perform, accomplish; be in any condition, i.e. I fare; I exact, require.

New Living Translation

They know God’s justice requires that those who do these things deserve to die, yet they do them anyway. Worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too.

- CORRECT

Back