• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Jesus served God! Do you KNOW Him?

John 7:33- Jesus then said, “I shall be with you a little longer, and then I go to Him who sent me;
34- you will seek me and you will not find me; where I am you cannot come.”

WHO SENT GOD????

John 8:13- The Pharisees then said to him, “You are bearing witness to yourself; your testimony is not true.”
14- Jesus answered, “Even if I do bear witness to myself, my testimony is true, for I know whence I have come and whither I am going, but you do not know whence I come or whither I am going.
15- You judge according to the flesh, I judge no one.
16- Yet even if I do judge, my judgment is true, for it is not I alone that judge, but I and He who sent me.
17- In your law it is written that the testimony of two men is true;
18- I bear witness to myself, and the Father who sent me bears witness to me.
38- I speak of what I have seen with my Father, and you do what you have heard from your father.”
39- They answered him, “Abraham is our father.” Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would do what Abraham did,
40- but now you seek to kill me, a man who has told you the truth which I heard from God; this is not what Abraham did.

Is Jesus referring to Himself or Themselves when he says " the truth which I heard from God"?

John 8:52- The Jews said to him, “Now we know that you have a demon. Abraham died, as did the prophets; and you say, ‘If any one keeps my word, he will never taste death.’
53- Are you greater than our father Abraham, who died? And the prophets died! Who do you claim to be?”
54- Jesus answered, “If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing; it is my Father who glorifies me, of whom you say that he is your God.
55- But you have not known him; I know him. If I said, I do not know him, I should be a liar like you; but I do know him and I keep his word.
56- Your father Abraham rejoiced that he was to see my day; he saw it and was glad.”
57- The Jews then said to him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?”
58- Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.

"ego eimi"- translated here in MOST translations as "I am"- a HEBREW name God only ONCE referred to Himself as just before telling the Jews His REAL name!

Jesus never claimed to be "I AM" (Ex 3, John 8:58), and just thought I'd check an Interlinear, out of curiosity... Man- do I regret not doing that SOONER!
I found that the two Greek Words translated in EVERY TRANSLATION as "I AM" are used FREQUENTLY in the 'New Testament'- and NEVER as that ancient Symbolic Hebrew Name God used once- "I am ".

Examples of how that phrase is rendered in all other scriptures- (any interlinear will quickly show you)- "I am, I have, I was, it is I, we have, existed", and may more variations.

What complete, and utter deception!
God used that symbolic Name (I AM) only ONE time, then stated what His REAL Name is.
It has never been used since.

So, Jesus REALY said “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I existed or have been.”

Back