• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Is belief in the Trinity necessary for salvation?

you provided no backing for your claims. I have for mine. you just keep repeating your claims.

you provided no backing for your claims. I have for mine. you just keep repeating your claims.

I’ve supported my claims using trinitarian scholarship. If you really do know me from another internet forum then you know that I do. It’s my MO. I’ve been doing it since circa 1996. I’ll continue doing it as long as I post on internet forums.

no,you have not,

Your readers, if interested, will see that I have and will also note that I’m continuing to quote trinitarian scholars to support what I’m saying. That’s what I‘ve done on every internet discussion forum I’ve ever been on. CTZ is no exception.

Last edited:
The concessions of trinitarian scholarship is helpful (which is why I use them) but the trump is Jesus of Nazareth. His God (and my God) is only one person, the Father.

The concessions of trinitarian scholarship is helpful (which is why I use them) but the trump is Jesus of Nazareth. His God (and my God) is only one person, the Father.
speaking as a human,

explain this:

John 1

New International Version

The Word Became Flesh​

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

speaking as a human,

explain this:

John 1​

New International Version​

The Word Became Flesh​

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

“Jesus of Nazareth is not a human person.” Do you agree or disagree?

I’m fresh off of another forum where the stated trinitarian position (with the exception of one trinitarian member of that forum) on William Tyndale was that he was ignorant of Greek grammar. Do you agree or disagree with that position @CoreIssue?

P.S.

I’ll provide the name of that forum if you request it.

Last edited:
Offered for readers who may not be familiar with William Tyndale -

speaking as a human,

explain this:

John 1​

The Word Became Flesh​

speaking as a human,

explain this:

John 1​

The Word Became Flesh​

disagree.

speaking as a human,

explain this:

John 1​

The Word Became Flesh​

speaking as a human,

explain this:

John 1​

The Word Became Flesh​

disagree.

Then you and I are in agreement that Jesus is a human person.

Trinitarianism has historically taught that Jesus is a divine person, not a human person.

Do you attend a church?

speaking as a human,

explain this:

John 1​

The Word Became Flesh​

speaking as a human,

explain this:

John 1​

The Word Became Flesh​

disagree.

Trinitarianism has historically taught that Jesus is a divine person, not a human person.

Do you attend a church?
false claim.

define church.

speaking as a human,

explain this:

John 1​

The Word Became Flesh​

speaking as a human,

explain this:

John 1​

The Word Became Flesh​

disagree.

Do you attend a church?
false claim.

Church history is the claim. I didn’t write it. I read it.

the bible and church history has taught Hypostatic union.

it is theological term for the facts.

the bible and church history has taught Hypostatic union.

it is theological term for the facts.

You’re right about Church history teaching the doctrine of the Hypostatic Union. That’s what I’ve been appealing to in my conversation with you.

Fact: Jesus is only one person. The doctrine of the Hypostatic Union posits that he is a divine person, not a human person.

no, he is both, just like our flesh life and spirit lives are different,

The doctrine of the Hypostatic Union teaches that the one person has two natures, divine and human.

The doctrine applies exclusively to the second person of the Trinity. Not to you. Not to me. Not to anyone else. Only to the second person of the Trinity.

Back