• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Is belief in the Trinity necessary for salvation?

jdyson

restricted access
I was not aware of this term until now.
Trinity, in Christian doctrine, the unity of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as three persons in one Godhead. The doctrine of the Trinity is considered to be one of the central Christian affirmations about God. It is rooted in the fact that God came to meet Christians in a threefold figure: (1) as Creator, Lord of the history of salvation, Father, and Judge, as revealed in the Old Testament; (2) as the Lord who, in the incarnated figure of Jesus Christ, lived among human beings and was present in their midst as the “Resurrected One”; and (3) as the Holy Spirit, whom they experienced as the helper or intercessor in the power of the new life.
Because I was not aware of this, does that make me a bad person?
(:-

Matthias

Advanced Poster
I was not aware of this term until now.
Trinity, in Christian doctrine, the unity of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as three persons in one Godhead. The doctrine of the Trinity is considered to be one of the central Christian affirmations about God. It is rooted in the fact that God came to meet Christians in a threefold figure: (1) as Creator, Lord of the history of salvation, Father, and Judge, as revealed in the Old Testament; (2) as the Lord who, in the incarnated figure of Jesus Christ, lived among human beings and was present in their midst as the “Resurrected One”; and (3) as the Holy Spirit, whom they experienced as the helper or intercessor in the power of the new life.
Because I was not aware of this, does that make me a bad person?
(:-

Now that you‘re aware, what difference has it made in your life?

Matthias

Advanced Poster
If belief in the Trinity was necessary for salvation, Jesus and the apostles would have clearly and unequivocally said so.

They didn’t. The Church, much later, did. Many denominations are backing off of that now.

Matthias

Advanced Poster
The Bible teaches nothing about the Trinity because the Trinity isn’t the God of the scriptures.

Matthias

Advanced Poster
only in the ot.

I’m not sure I understand your comment. The two alternatives which existed in the Old Testament - the God of Israel or idolatry - existed also in the New Testament. We are still confronted with the two alternatives in our own time. They will exist until God and the Messiah finally put an end to it, in the coming age.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
gentiles are grafted in and mosaic law ended at the cross.

this is the church age. Israel returns in the trib.

Matthias

Advanced Poster
gentiles are grafted in and mosaic law ended at the cross.

this is the church age. Israel returns in the trib.

Thanks.

The fact remains that there are still two alternatives confronting all of us: the God of Israel or idolatry.

Everyone must make a choice between the two.

There is no God besides the God of Israel in my theology.

Matthias

Advanced Poster
Does anyone ask in scripture what he or she must do in order to be saved?

If so, does scripture record anyone answering the question, saying -> “You must believe in the Trinity in order to be saved”?

If not, by what authority do some trinitarians (not all do) assert that a person must believe in the Trinity in order to be saved?

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
but also God of the Church, not rcc.

If so, does scripture record anyone answering the question, saying -> “You must believe in the Trinity in order to be saved”?

If not, by what authority do some trinitarians (not all do) assert that a person must believe in the Trinity in order to be saved?
you ignore answers.

Matthias

Advanced Poster
but also God of the Church, not rcc.

you ignore answers.

I don’t ignore answers. I evaluate them.

You didn’t provide answers to the questions I asked my readers in the post. Thus, you gave me and your other readers nothing to evaluate.