• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Why Read The BIBLE

Lee Delivered

I found this in the front of my Bible so I just typed it up to post for you all. Please forgive me if there are any typeoss or misspelling. I might have missed a few.

Why Read The Bible

In Matthew4:4 Jesus said, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Jesus words serve as a reminder that physical sustenance alone is not enough. To Maintain complete health and wholeness, as God intended for His People, we need the Nourishment and strength available in God’s word, the Bible. To go without food for a day is uncomfortable. To go several days without food leaves one weak and unable to function properly or fight disease. To go many weeks without food ends in certain death. In the same way, to neglect the spiritual food available through God’s word results in a similar weakness and wasting away of one’s spiritual strength. To go even a day without God’s word is too long. During life’s formative years, it is especially important that children receive good nutrition. In the same way, a Healthy diet of God’s word is important to children and new believers as they develop a strong, spiritual foundation. When one is healing physically, the need for Good Nutrition is grater than ever. And in the same way, when one is healing from spiritual brokenness, the need for proper spiritual nutrition from God’s word is vital. God’s word does more than just feed and strengthen. God’s word penetrates and searches one’s innermost parts. In Hebrews 4:12 The Bible says, For The Word Of God is quick and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, Piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. God’s word can penetrate the heart and open the mind in such a way that true healing can begin. Just as a surgeon must first cut open a patient to heal a problem, God works to heal man’s need. God’s word is the scalpel, the hidden faults and sinful shortcomings are the disease. The healing continues once God’s word has penetrated the innermost being and opened the long hidden recesses of a man’s heart and live. Psalm 107:20 says, He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their sin. The Word of God, which was spoken at creation to produce abundant life from formless void, can, as we read the Bible, be spoken today to produce God’s healing life in the midst of our destruction and sin. God’s word can nourish the spirit, reveal sin, and heal the broken life. Physical food is exchanged for physical strength, but the biblical insight wisdom, and instruction of God’s word is transformed into spiritual strength and godly character. Man’s physical strength and existence is temporal and passing, but the spiritual growth achieved from God’s word is for now and eternity. Jesus said, Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words shall not pass away.