• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

What is the Role of Government?

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
What should a government be doing? What should it not be doing? Which government is the best? Which State or division of a national government is doing the best?

I think our govenment has become corrupted by their power so they are the ones that decide right from wrong all though I stand by the word to decide what is right and wrong

What should a government be doing? What should it not be doing?

Talk about a big topic... Hard to do it justice in just a few sentences. But if I had to give a nutshell response it'd probably go something like this:

Should: First and foremost I see the role of government as keeping the peace, both externally and internally. Beyond that certain health and economic standards need to be maintained which can realistically only be assured by governmental authority.

Should not: Exceed its mandate by attempting to over regulate every aspect of life.

I agree with both of you. Keeping the peace, but not suppressing the citizens. Build infrastructural and give reasonable legal protection.

Now they want strip citizen of the right to protect themselves, dictate how and where we live and even invade our food, trying to tell us what we can and cannot eat.

Back