• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rom 9:17-20

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 9:17-20
KJV(i)17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth. 18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth. 19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will? 20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
JuliaSmith(i)17 For the writing says to Pharaoh, That for this same have I raised thee up, so that I might show in thee my power, and so that my name might be announced in all the earth. 18 Surely then, whom he will he commiserates, and whom he will he hardens. 19 Thou wilt then say to me, Why does he yet blame For who has withstood his will? 20 Surely, O man, who art thou replying against God? Shall the formation say to him having formed, Why hest thou made me so

These are my thoughts, please share yours.
17 The Exodus was not only done to show the world His power but, also to show Israel God’s power. We as believers are to declare God and His glory and give Him praise. Some things we do not understand may be done to bring God glory. Thru our hard times we should bring God praise and glory.
18 The Lord shows mercy to those He chooses, some may have more chances to come to the Lord and some may only have a few chances. Not everyone will receive God’s mercy but some are blessed enough to be given His mercy. Some have their hearts hardened and no matter what is done they will keep rejecting the Lord and then there are some who have their hearts broken and they realize they can not keep going without the Lord.
19 All fall short of God’s glory and His will. Without the Lord we are made ready for hell. We are not to blame rejection on the Lord because it is a blessing for those who come to Christ but some will go where all deserve and that is the outer darkness.
20 We are not to question God but be willing to serve Him. We are too simple to understand God’s plan. We may want others to come to Christ but some will never accept Him. Hell is a place that should give us motivation as believers to share the gospel because we do not want people to go there and so we want to win people to Him.

Back