• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rom 16:3-4

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 16:3-4King James Version (KJV)
3 Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus:
4 Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles.

Romans 16:3-4Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
3 Give my greetings to Priscilla and Aquila, my fellow workers for the Messiah Yeshua. 4 They risked their necks to save my life; not only I thank them, but also all the Messianic communities among the Gentiles.

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

3 We should always when we greet brothers and sisters of Christ greet them as Christ would with us, open arms. To be known as Paul helpers would have been a big thing but we are all servants of the Lord which we often do not accept it for it being as big as it is but Jesus left us the responsibility to serve with Him leading us. Priscilla and Aquila were tent maker who Paul who work for to earn money for his mission trips. Paul would live with them during his time of making tents.

4 Paul most likely lead them to the Lord and after coming to Lord they saw who God used Paul and aided in any way they could even if he was a fugitive breaking the law for preaching the gospel. We need to react the same way for those who are called by God and stick on necks on the line for the further of the gospel. The churches of the nations refer to Gentiles churches.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
As the Bible says, we are part of a Body with many parts, missions, etc.

Just like when a human body has parts that do not function, it is handicapped, even totally disabled. Christ, the mind, goes on, but actions require physical work.

Sadly, we are in, as the Bible says, a time when the body on the earth is weak. A time when perceived personal comfort and safety are more important than sharing the work and purity of the message. So the work isn't getting done.