• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rom 13:6-7

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 13:6-7
KJV(i) 6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing. 7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.
JuliaSmith(i) 6 For this also pay ye taxes: for they are workmen of God, persevering in this same. 7 Therefore restore debts to all; to whom tribute, tribute; to whom recompense, recompense; to whom fear, fear; to whom honour, honour.

These are my thoughts, please share your.

6 We should pay our taxes. Jesus was asked about taxes and He said to give to Caesar what is Caesar’s and give to God what is God’s. God allowed these men in power and because of this we show respect for God’s plan by paying them the taxes they ask of us. This does not say anything about paying our taxes if we agree with what they are doing or if we think they are using the money well, it just states we should pay our taxes.

7 We should not to look for a way out of paying taxes but we should pay the taxes to who they are owe. We have many different taxes today. Sales tax, import and export tax, wheel tax, land tax, income tax as well as others. There was time the only tax taken in this country was the import and export tax but we should always pay the taxes we owe. Rome would often tax the people to death and over tax them this also happened in England and other strong countries, Solomon did heavy taxes to pay for the temple and even though people do not like to pay taxes, we as Christians should set the example by doing this and letting God deal with those in charge who are not following Him.

Back