• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rom 11:25-28

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 11:25-28
KJV(i)25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. 28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes.
JuliaSmith(i)25 For I will not ye should not know, brethren, this mystery, lest ye be wise with yourselves; for hardness from part has been to Israel, till the filling up of the nations come in. 26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as has been written, The Deliverer shall come out of Sion, and turn away profanation from Jacob. 27 And this the covenant to them with me, when I take away their sins. 28 Truly concerning the good news, enemies for you: and concerning the selection, beloved for the fathers.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

25 The Jews were blinded by their traditions and by the law. The same law God gave to them and the same law they could not fully keep, did keep most from coming to the Lord. There will come a time when the Gentiles time is up and the Jews will start to realize who Jesus really was because they have rejected this for a long time.

26 Jesus came first for the Jews and then for the Gentiles. He told His disciples when they were to go out from Jerusalem into Judea to Samaria and then to the rest of the world. The most devote Jews would stay in Jerusalem because it was the city with the temple. Judea contained the Jews as well. Samaria was a Jewish Gentile mix and the rest of the world was Gentile. Jews will have to come to the saving knowledge that lies with our Savior. Jews will one day accept Jesus as Lord.

27 All sins can be forgiven thru Jesus but the sin of pride has kept them from God’s forgiveness because they feel their ways are better and they don’t need Jesus. They will one day see their need for Jesus and when they see this they will be many Jews coming to Christ.

28 We will be hated by many for accepting the gospel but we will be loved by Him.

Back