• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rom 11:13-16

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 11:13-16
KJV(i)13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office: 14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them. 15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead? 16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
JuliaSmith(i)13 (For I speak to you the nations, inasmuch as truly I am the sent of the nations, I highly value my service: 14 If in some way I might make jealous my flesh, and I might save some of them.) 15 For if their rejection the reconciliation of the world, what the reception, but life from the dead? 16 And if the first fruit holy, also the mixture: and if the root holy, also the young shoots.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

13 Paul lives up to his ministry, he was supposed to go to the Gentiles to preach and spread the gospel. We should live up to our ministry as well or be obedient to He gives us one. We should not brag our ministry but should make people aware of it because you never know who made be lead to help you.

14 the Jews still lived bound to the law which Christ came to free them from but the Gentiles lived free from the law and lived solely to serve Jesus. The Jews would not give up the law but still tried to be under it which only showed they needed Jesus. The Jews needed to give up what they could and accept what Jesus did and how He could use them.

15 Because the Jews choose the law over grace the message went out into the world this does not mean that people are not to attempt to live by the law but means there is grace because we can not live by the law perfectly. The Gentiles were given the word and were not bound by traditions and laws but gave up their idols but the Jews turned to the world because they turned away from God. Paul still had hope that the Jews would come to Him and it is a hope believers share because the Jews coming to Him can bring a revival that is much needed in the world today.

16 We are made holy not by what we do but by Him and are connection to Him. It is not necessarily us bearing good fruit but Him bearing good fruit thru us.

Back