• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Gal 4:13-14

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Galatians 4:13-14 King James Version (KJV)

13 Ye know how through infirmity of the flesh I preached the gospel unto you at the first.

14 And my temptation which was in my flesh ye despised not, nor rejected; but received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus.

Galatians 4:13-14 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

13 you know that it was because I was ill that I proclaimed the Good News to you at first; 14 and even though my physical condition must have tempted you to treat me with scorn, you did not display any sign of disdain or disgust. No, you welcomed me as if I had been an angel of God, as if I had been the Messiah Yeshua himself!

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

13 Paul had both physical and emotional struggles, he had a fight with Barnabas which had to have been hard on him, he wanted to go back to see the church in cities but had to keep going to share the gospel with the world. Paul had been shipwrecked, jailed, and snake bite, Paul had been chased out of cities. The thing that may have bothered Paul the most was when people rejected Christ. Paul was one that preached the gospel wherever he went, only a few churches we have letters to within scripture, Paul went to many more places than the few cities he wrote letters to. We should take the chance to preach the gospel when we have the chance as the Lord leads us.

14 Paul was received by them for who he is. Paul faced temptation as we all do but Paul did not let the temptation of the flesh keep him from serving the Lord. We are to receive those God has called but this does not mean everyone who comes is called by Jesus.

Back