• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Gal 2:17-18

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Galatians 2:17-18 King James Version (KJV)

17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.

18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.

Galatians 2:17-18 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

17 But if, in seeking to be declared righteous by God through our union with the Messiah, we ourselves are indeed found to be sinners, then is the Messiah an aider and abettor of sin? Heaven forbid! 18 Indeed, if I build up again the legalistic bondage which I destroyed, I really do make myself a transgressor.

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

17 Our justification comes thru Christ only not in anything we could do but thru Him, we could never be able to do anything to be justified because if we could he would not have died for us. We are sinners but Christ justifies us.

18 We are not to build up sin but build up each other to the Lord and away from sin away from the things of the world and towards the things of God. We are not to teach sin is ok or to justify sin but we are to love the sinner enough to show them the way to the cross.

Back