• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Gal 2:13-14

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Galatians 2:13-14 King James Version (KJV)

13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.

14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

Galatians 2:13-14 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

13 And the other Jewish believers became hypocrites along with him, so that even Bar-Nabba was led astray by their hypocrisy. 14 But when I saw that they were not walking a straight path, keeping in line with the truth of the Good News, I said to Kefa, right in front of everyone, “If you, who are a Jew, live like a Goy and not like a Jew, why are you forcing the Goyim to live like Jews?

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

13 This caused a split in the church which was not what the Lord wanted because division is in the church is not the togetherness that God wants us to have. God is not divided why are we?

14 They were changing the gospel making it about the cross and grace and then these they were adding works to the scripture, this was what they were doing wrong before they were burding themselves with laws that the Lord did not expect them to live up to. They were saying to come to Christ you had to become Jewish, God accept us as we are then changes us to who He wants us to be not who man wants us to be.

Back