• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Division in the Church - Denominationalism

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
When you even do Internet searches, you see people are concentrating on forums that reinforce their doctrines.

Call it comfort zone, taking the lazy way out, etc. but it all adds up to a fear of being challenged to actually think about and prove what you believe.

Isn't it so much easier to get a booklet that tells you exactly what to believe and why?

That is exactly what Paul warned against:
1 Corinthians 1:10-13New International Version (NIV)
A Church Divided Over Leaders
10 I appeal to you, brothers and sisters,a]">[a] in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought. 11 My brothers and sisters, some from Chloe’s household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. 12 What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephasb]">[b]”; still another, “I follow Christ.”

13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul?
Sure, that does not mean we cannot disagree and debate on theology. But we cannot disagree on Christ, salvation and the central points of being truly Christian. It means we don't divide over when The Rapture occurs and similar issues. We talk, compare and learn from each other.

No one can deny today we see so many identify themselves as Baptists, Methodist, etc. That is wrong.

So, sites like CTZ remain small in number. As we have seen people come on even demanding if you are not Post-Trib you are not saved.

No wonder these are the last days. Just look at the Seven Churches of Revelation for proof.

Back