• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Confused

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
The world does not want to get involved by destroying ISIS because it will cost money and lives. So stay out of it.

When it causes people to run for their lives, we are supposed to be involved for humanities sake. The money is secondary.

This is, right up until it starts being a burden on their lives, then it is they can fend for themselves.

When ISIS starts attacking them in their own country, they wring their hands and ask why are they doing this to us? How can we pacify them so they will leave us alone?

The big question is why is the world so stupid they do not understand the only way to stop people like them is to kill them? That the longer they wait to act the more it will cost in lives and money?

What am I missing here?

Subjective morality at play.

People can do whatever they want and believe what ever they want as long as no one gets hurt. This is how a generation of people have been brought up.

Now when faced with a REAL moral dilemma they are clueless. Nothing is inherently evil so they are incapable of making real moral judgements when face with it.

Wasn't this the same thing that brought power to the Nazis?

It is pretty comparable to Nazi Germany. We had to get hit before we got involved. France tried to wall them out. Britain pretended they were immune.

Yes this seems to be the rule with modern troop warfare.
Go in and restrain your enemies?
I thought the goal in war was that you fought until they were all dead or surrendered?

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/09/28/putin-do-you-realize-what-you-have-done.html

Russian President Vladimir Putin told the U.N. on Monday that those who supported democratic revolutions in the Middle East are to blame for the rise of a globally ambitious Islamic State.

"Instead of the triumph of democracy and progress, we got violence, poverty and social disaster — and nobody cares a bit about human rights, including the right to life," Putin said through a translator. "I cannot help asking those who have forced that situation: Do you realize what you have done?"

The Russian president added that the power vacuum following these revolutions led to the rise of terrorist groups in the region — including the Islamic State group.

He told the United Nations General Assembly it would be an "enormous mistake" not to cooperate with the Syrian government to combat the extremist group.

"No one but President (Bashar) Assad's armed forces and Kurdish militia are truly fighting the Islamic State and other terrorist organizations in Syria," he said.

In an earlier speech at the U.N., President Barack Obama said it would be a mistake to think that Syria could be stable under Assad.

Acknowledging some of the criticism lobbed at Russia's proposal, Putin said his country is only proposing to help save the world from terrorism.
"I must note that such an honest and frank approach from Russia has been recently used as a pretext to accuse it of its growing ambitions — as if those who say it has no ambitions at all. However, it's not about Russia's ambitions, dear colleagues, but about the recognition of the fact that we can no longer tolerate the current state of affairs in the world," he said.

He proposed a "generally broad international coalition against terrorism," likening the suggestion to the anti-Hitler coalition that brought together disparate interests to battle fascism in Europe.

Putin warned that international policy toward the region has led to an Islamic State with plans that "go further" than simply dominating the Middle East. And citing recent data about failures in successfully recruiting "moderate" Syrian opposition, Putin said countries opposed to Assad are simply worsening the situation.

"We believe that any attempts to play games with terrorists, let alone to arm them, are not just short-sighted, but hazardous. This may result in the global terrorist threat increasing dramatically and engulfing new regions," the Russian leader said.

On the subject of the ongoing civil war in Ukraine, Putin warned that NATO expansion could lead to other similar crises. He called for all sides in the conflict — which he said was sparked by a "military coup" orchestrated "by the outside" — to respect the Minsk agreements, or else risk more violence.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/09/28/putin-do-you-realize-what-you-have-done.html

Russian President Vladimir Putin told the U.N. on Monday that those who supported democratic revolutions in the Middle East are to blame for the rise of a globally ambitious Islamic State.

"Instead of the triumph of democracy and progress, we got violence, poverty and social disaster — and nobody cares a bit about human rights, including the right to life," Putin said through a translator. "I cannot help asking those who have forced that situation: Do you realize what you have done?"

The Russian president added that the power vacuum following these revolutions led to the rise of terrorist groups in the region — including the Islamic State group.

He told the United Nations General Assembly it would be an "enormous mistake" not to cooperate with the Syrian government to combat the extremist group.

"No one but President (Bashar) Assad's armed forces and Kurdish militia are truly fighting the Islamic State and other terrorist organizations in Syria," he said.

In an earlier speech at the U.N., President Barack Obama said it would be a mistake to think that Syria could be stable under Assad.

Acknowledging some of the criticism lobbed at Russia's proposal, Putin said his country is only proposing to help save the world from terrorism.
"I must note that such an honest and frank approach from Russia has been recently used as a pretext to accuse it of its growing ambitions — as if those who say it has no ambitions at all. However, it's not about Russia's ambitions, dear colleagues, but about the recognition of the fact that we can no longer tolerate the current state of affairs in the world," he said.

He proposed a "generally broad international coalition against terrorism," likening the suggestion to the anti-Hitler coalition that brought together disparate interests to battle fascism in Europe.

Putin warned that international policy toward the region has led to an Islamic State with plans that "go further" than simply dominating the Middle East. And citing recent data about failures in successfully recruiting "moderate" Syrian opposition, Putin said countries opposed to Assad are simply worsening the situation.

"We believe that any attempts to play games with terrorists, let alone to arm them, are not just short-sighted, but hazardous. This may result in the global terrorist threat increasing dramatically and engulfing new regions," the Russian leader said.

On the subject of the ongoing civil war in Ukraine, Putin warned that NATO expansion could lead to other similar crises. He called for all sides in the conflict — which he said was sparked by a "military coup" orchestrated "by the outside" — to respect the Minsk agreements, or else risk more violence.

I agree with him on this one ... never thought I would be saying this ...

The quote below I wrote a week ago and have been looking at it trying to rationalize it out of existence ... but really ... I have had it with the war mongers on all sides. The indiscriminate destruction of peoples and countries must stop. "National interest" does not give us the right to destroy other peoples homes.

I have a hunch God might be feeling the same way.

Lately we are responsible for reducing much of the "over there land" to rubble and the human beings whose countries cities and homes have been destroyed are starting to figure that out and are angry. Iraq. Libya. Afghanistan. Syria. etc ... The whole area has been destabilized. Whose plan was that?

83% of Syrians hold the west responsible for the formation of ISIS. The hungry homeless that still have their heads are marching towards Europe. I don't blame them.

Further, I see little hope of surviving the outrage that is building towards us. I see big war coming.

:feeling:

You have to be on one side or the other. You can't fight a war standing on both sides of the middle.

There is no middle ground and there never has been per God himself you are either for Him and his ways or against Him and everything He is doing and has done. There is no middle area.

God even says there is a time for War and a time for Peace.

No one likes to war except warriors and Islam is founded on war.

Look at the Canaanites. God told the Jews to wipe them out and they failed to do so. Instead the Jews capitulated, and eventually fell into the same detestable habits the Canaanites did.

You cant capitulate with evil, you wipe it out or you are doomed to be taken over by it.

Putin talking about Democracy, lives and rights of others, etc is an utter joke. I feel like we are back in the Cold War of the 70s, Nam, etc.

Putin does not want to recall Russian in Afghanistan getting the butts kicked.

The Russian military? A joke full of poorly trained soldiers and planes that fall apart in the air.

Assad is one of the nastiest, evil people around.

This is all about Putin trying to rebuild the USSR.

But, with our joke of leadership, the amorality of Europe, etc, the Trib is on its way. We are setting up the Gog and Magog war.

In countries that have factions wanting to kill one another, how can anyone think that democracy would work?

I do not believe that the leaders in the west are that stupid so I must consider that they are doing it to destabilize the area.

I think many leaders are so into New Age and Humanism they actually are that stupid.

Not to mention many don't like democracy.

This is nothing new. Exactly what Russia did during Nam and throughout the Cold War, which is back

There are so many other comparisons that could be made. But, they are classified, so take my word for it or not, this is the way Putin and Russia works against its enemies..

I already see a pattern.
Its kind of hard to miss unless you have been brainwashed by certain administrations currently in power or seeking power.

Remember ISIS has been contained and climate change is a greater evil than terrorism.

Back