• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Complete Jewish Bible

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
The Old Testament is a work by David H. Stern, an Israel-based Messianic Jewish theologian. Published in 1998 by Jewish New Testament Publications.

Complete Jewish Bible - Translation method
TheComplete Jewish BibleOld Testament is a paraphrase of the 1917 Jewish Publication Society version of the Tanakh (also known as theMasoretic Text). The New Testament is an original translation from the ancient Greek. The CJB is a free translation, with Yiddish and modern Jewish cultural expressions. Stern claims his purpose for producing the Complete Jewish Bible was "to restore God’s Word to its original Jewish context and culture as well as be in easily read modern English."
Complete Jewish Bible - Sample Verses
John 1:1,14– “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The Word became a human being and lived with us, and we saw his Sh'khinah, the Sh'khinah of the Father's only Son, full of grace and truth.”

John 3:16– “For God so loved the world that he gave his only and unique Son, so that everyone who trusts in him may have eternal life, instead of being utterly destroyed.”

John 8:58– “Yeshua said to them, ‘Yes, indeed! Before Avraham came into being, I AM!’”

Ephesians 2:8-9– “For you have been delivered by grace through trusting, and even this is not your accomplishment but God's gift. You were not delivered by your own actions; therefore no one should boast.”

Titus 2:13– “while continuing to expect the blessed fulfillment of our certain hope, which is the appearing of the Sh'khinah of our great God and the appearing of our Deliverer, Yeshua the Messiah.”
While I understand the purpose and see a place for it, I would not recommend it for serious Bible study.

Willy

Pro Poster
We have way too many translations ... I'm going back to just one ... KJV and an interlinear. When I look back on all the needless debate there has been by people using multiple modern translations to defend reprehensible false doctrines it breaks my heart.

Trust man to make an educated translation of scripture? We know what is in man and it is not good.

Pray and study ...

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with problems with too many translations. I agree many are false doctrine altered or biased. But, I do not agree that is a reason to only use the KJV. Just dismissing all versions is also a mistake.

Well, in my history far more false doctrine have used the KJV to defend and create them. So many are not able to read the archaic English and understand it. Here are some problems with it.

I have spent far too much time having to pull the Hebrew and Greek to show people what they think is said, and too often what is said, is inaccurate.

Is it a Bible? Yes. Is it from the Catholic compiled Textus Receptus? Yes. Does it have Catholic doctrine in it? Yes. Is it better than some other versions out there? Yes.

For me, I use the NIV, NASB and an Interlinear. Those two translations are held, by linquist, as the most accurate versions. They used older and more accurate manuscript sources than the KJV authors did.

It is sad they created the gender neurtral 2011 NIV. What a disappointment I will never use.

I am saying there is no escaping controversy when it comes to versions. Keep your interlinear nearby. :crazy:

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
I only reason I post using it is because it is very different, I would never suggest to read this translation alone but do comparative by using it which is why I post form it.

John logan

Getting Started
I think each time I retread the bible God reveals more I discover how I was wrong but was still guided by the Holy Spirit. I saw another post by Jewish friends how they deny JC. But they no longer sacrifice to God and have no proper temple I wonder how they explain this ?