• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

1 John 5:12-15

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
1 John 5:12-15
KJV 12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. 13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. 14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: 15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
MKJV 12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13 I have written these things to you who believe on the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have everlasting life, and that you may believe on the name of the Son of God. 14 And this is the confidence that we have toward Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

12 Having Jesus is our life, without Him people are still dead even though they may have life it is not the life found thru Jesus. Thru Jesus life starts without end because we pass from life to life eternal.

13 Those believing in the name, believers, Christians. Our belief in Jesus means we don’t wait for this life to come but start it once we come to faith in Jesus, we will shed our bodies but our life with Him continues after this little death, with Jesus we don’t face the big death, hell.

14 We can boldly go before the Lord, we can have a boldness to ask Him. We shouldn’t confuse boldness with pride, many people are prideful but few choose to be bold. We should be asking and seeking according to His will.

15 Because He hears us then we should ask and speak to Him. God not only hears us but wants to hear from us because He loves us. He has answers to prayers because of His love for us.