• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

What benefit does it produce to make Jesus God

Peterlag

I can't get anyone to answer this honest question. All I get back is because the Bible says so. But there must be a reason for it. What is it? Here I will give you a reason why he had to be a man.

Romans says a man (Adam) caused sin to enter into the world, and also that a man would have to redeem it from sin. Romans 5:15 says “For if many died through one man’s trespass, much more have the grace of God and the free gift by the grace of that one man Jesus Christ abounded for many.” The Bible specifically says that a man must do it. The book of Corinthians makes the same point Romans does when it says “For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead” (1 Corinthians 15:21).

Now it's your turn. Anyone?

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Only God has a sinless nature. Only man could pay the sin price because originally sinned.

EdenSpeak

Peterlag,

The Bible reminds us that Jesus Christ of Nazareth, which should be our first love, is our precious Lord and Savior.

Paul's letter to the Romans reminds us that we must confess with our mouth (voice), that Jesus is our Lord and that God raised Jesus from from the grave to defeat death (as you mention), including Satan.

However, the question is a bit misleading as Jesus is our precious Lord and Savior, but Jesus' Father is God Almighty (I.e our Heavenly Father, which is the very God of Abraham, Isaac, Joseph, Noah and Moses).

Hope this was helpful.