• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Thoughts from an old lady

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 14, 2023

Happy Mother’s Day

Mother’s Day

Mother's Day can be semi-sweet when your parents and a child have left this earth. Only those who have lost a child really understand the pain. A hole in your heart that will not be filled on this earth.

My daughter is out of state with her daughter. My daughter-in-law has really stepped up to the plate to be here for me and I appreciate it very much.

Today pray for Mothers who have suffered the loss of a child. My daughter and her family, just face-timed me and that was very nice.

May God bless every mother and provide for her needs.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
May 15, 2023

Happy Monday,

“Look To The Heavens”

Lift up your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one. Isaiah 40:26

We can get so caught up in our problems that we never look up. A wife with dementia dealing with a husband that has worse dementia, has a hard job. You never know how your husband is going to be in the morning.

Many times, they get up mad at you for reasons that you do not understand.

Yet God never abandons, us. He gives us strength and peace amid the storms. We can trust in God even on days when everything seems to falling around us. There are times when our physical pain overwhelms us, this is when we cry out to God.

My friends, many of you are suffering physical and emotional pain. Do not give up, when we are so close to home. Do like the song says: praise God in the midst of the storm. Keep our focus on God. Trust God when you are surrounded by darkness, we may not see God but, He is always with us. You are loved by your brothers and sisters in Christ and most important God loves you with an everlasting love.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
May 16, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

Promise #136:

My goodness and mercy will chase after you all your life.

Psalm 23:6 (WEB)

“Surely goodness and loving kindness shall follow me all the days of my life,

and I will dwell in Yahweh’s house forever.

The Hebrew word for 'follow' in this Bible verse is pronounced 'radaph'. It means to run after, chase, hunt, or pursue. It is a very descriptive word that King David chose when he declared how goodness and mercy would follow him all the days of his life.”

How wonderous it is to know that we do not have to chase goodness and loving-kindness! Instead, God pursues us with His goodness and loving kindness. How blessed we are to be children of God!

Let us seek to serve God with a heart of Thanksgiving! Our Heavenly Father wants to fill our days with joy and peace. Even on bad days, we can have the joy of the Lord in our hearts. We will have joy when we have a heart of worship and praise to our God and King!

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
May 18, 2023

Happy Thursday,

Serving Others Is Serving God

“Promise #138:

I will not forget the love you have shown Me by serving others.

Hebrews 6:10 (WEB)

For God is not unrighteous, so as to forget your work and the labor of love

which you showed toward his name, in that you served the saints,

and still do serve them.”

When we serve others in the Name of Christ,we will receive two awards. A reward of a blessing from the person we bless and from God. Our responsibility is to have the right attitude. Serve others out of our love for God and not to be a people pleaser.

We work for God because we appreciate our precious gift of salvation. When we love God, we want to live for God and to work for His glory. It is so much better to be a God-pleaser than be a people-pleaser.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
May 19, 2023

Happy Friday,

Daily Prayer for May 19
CHRISTOPH FRIEDRICH BLUMHARDT
“I love you, Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. Psalm 18:1-2, NIV
Lord our God, we thank you that we have often felt you close to us. We thank you that you are near us and that you strengthen the weak. Remember us and give each one the help he needs to be true to his calling. Remember all humankind and grant that we may go forward in spirit and in truth. Give new light to the peoples who are still in great darkness. Let your kingdom and your reign be revealed and your name at last be honored by all. “Amen

We all have times of weakness. Sometimes it is physical and sometimes it is emotional. Even in these times, God is with us. We wondered why God allows this and yet we wish God would explain to us. We are the clay and God is the potter. The potter does not explain to the clay what He is doing.

We are to be trusting of God to allow evil things to happen to us, but if we trust God to know what is best, we can depend on understanding one day in Heaven. The more we trust God the stronger we grow in the Lord!

Pray for lost souls and pray for the rapture to be soon! Pray for God to give us the strength to carry on until He comes for us.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
May 20, 2023

Happy Friday,

Blessings

“Promise #140:

All My blessings will overtake those who obey Me.

Deuteronomy 28:2 (WEB)

and all these blessings shall come on you, and overtake you,

if you shall listen to the voice of Yahweh your God.’

We do not need to beg God for blessings. We do not need to chase down blessings. If we obey God, He will bless us. He wants to bless us. We too often spend so much time seeking blessings when all we need to do is obey God.

When we have a need ask God for it and then trust Him to provide our need. There is no need in begging God for our needs:” Ask Him and trust Him”.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
May 20, 2023

Happy Saturday,

Blessings

“Promise #140:

All My blessings will overtake those who obey Me.

Deuteronomy 28:2 (WEB)

and all these blessings shall come on you, and overtake you,

if you shall listen to the voice of Yahweh your God.’

We do not need to beg God for blessings. We do not need to chase down blessings. If we obey God, He will bless us. He wants to bless us. We too often spend so much time seeking blessings when all we need to do is obey God.

When we have a need ask God for it and then trust Him to provide our need. There is no need in begging God for our needs:” Ask Him and trust Him”.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
May 22, 2023

Happy Monday,

“We Do Not Understand, Lord!”

There are things that we go through we do not understand. I have mentioned that my husband and I have many health issues. His dementia is getting worse. This morning he was mad because I have several issues including early dementia that are not curable. He was fussing at me for allowing myself, to get illnesses that can't be fixed. Like I chose this.

My heart was crying out to God, to help me. I was having those dementia head pains that they call ice-pick headaches. Many of us have things in our lives that we do not understand why God allowed them to happen to us. We can get so distressed that anxiety comes upon us. The devil likes to use these times to attack us.

This is why it is so important to go to God immediately and not wait until we are exhausted and more vulnerable to the devil’s attacks. I was fixing eggs and just kept talking to God as my husband fussed. By the time he got his eggs, he was calm and thought he would feel better if he took a little nap.

Prayer can stop a small situation from turning into a huge situation. There are many things in our lives we suffer with that we do not understand, why. God wants us to trust Him through all things.

Remember the old song ‘Through it All’? We can trust God through all things.

Betty

Through It All Lyrics

I've had many tears and sorrows

I've had questions for tomorrow

There's been times I didn't know right from wrong

But in every situation

God gave me blessed consolation

That my trials come to only make me strong

Through it all

Through it all

I've learned to trust in Jesus

I've learned to trust in God

Through it all

Through it all

I've learned to depend upon His Word

I've been to lots of places

I've seen a lot of faces

There's been times I felt so all alone

But in my lonely hours

Yes, those precious lonely hours

Jesus lets me know that I was His own

Through it all

Through it all

I've learned to trust in Jesus

I've learned to trust in God

Betty52

Advanced Poster
May 24, 2023

Happy Wednesday,

Abide With God

‘You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.” John 15:14-15

How much time do we spend with God? Sadly, our relationship with God suffers because we do not make time to spend with God. Our relationship with God can become “Good Morning God and Good Night God” simply because we become too busy to talk to God.

God wants a relationship with us, do we want a relationship with Him? If we want a relationship with God, we have to make the time to do so. We have to choose to spend time with God.

Choose today to appoint a time to spend with our Heavenly Father. It is time well worth spending. God bless you and your families.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 26, 2023
Happy Friday,

Searching For God

I woke up hurting at three fifteen a.m. And can't sleep. It's okay. I can lay here and talk to God. Like others, I have some days that crush my spirit and then I have days that soothe my soul.

There are so many questions that I do not have the answers for! That is okay. God knows all! God does not ask us to explain everything. He asks us to trust Him in all situations.

Trust is such a little word that packs a powerful punch. We must have faith in order to please God. Salvation comes through faith in Christ.

Acts 16:31
New King James Version
31 So they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

We must trust God with all of our hearts. A double-minded person will not enter the gates of Heaven. Either we trust God or we do not.

1. Psalm 119:113 I hate the double-minded, But I love Your law.

James 1:8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

James 4:8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

We must choose to trust God in all of our ways and seek His face daily, in all circumstances. The more we trust God, the more we grow to love God, and the more we love God, the more we trust God.
Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
May 27, 2023

Happy Saturday,

“I Have Set The Lord Always Before Me”

Psalm 16:7-8

New King James Version

7 I will bless the Lord who has given me counsel;
My [a]heart also instructs me in the night seasons.

8 I have set the Lord always before me;
Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.

“Where are you, God? Have you abandoned me?” Of course not! God is still with us, but have we become distracted by worldly desires? Have we taken our eyes off God?

It is easy to become distracted. So many things in the world to catch our eyes. Have the opinions of celebrities and people of power become more important than the opinions of God?

Let us lift our eyes to the God of Heaven and praise His Name for ever.

Psalm 121:1-2

New King James Version

God the Help of Those Who Seek Him

A Song of Ascents.

I will lift up my eyes to the hills—
From whence comes my help?

My help comes from the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth.

What a wonderful promise to remember! The maker of all things, loves us!

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
May 29, 2023

Happy Monday,

Paid For By Blood Sweat and Tears

I will always believe that the birth of America was planned by God to aid in the re-birth of Israel. This said, America has stayed free because of the blood of men and women slain on battlefields abroad.

Today we honor those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for their Country. It is lovely to get together with our families today for celebrations, but let us take time to honor the sacrifice of everyone who died to keep America free.

Just as Jesus died to provide redemption for us. Men and women have died to keep America free. Enjoy your freedom today, because too many politicians want to take many of your freedoms away from you.

May God still bless America.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
May 30, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

Do Not Give Up On Me

“Promise #150:

I began the good work in you and I will finish it.

Philippians 1:6 (WEB)

being confident of this very thing, that he who began a good work in you

will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.”

In this age of rebellion and sin, we can feel that God has abandoned us. The devil fights us from every side. There are times when we are overwhelmed with attacks from many sides. Truth is we can be tempted to give up on ourselves.

This is not the time to give up on working for God. He still has plans for our lives. Work for God out of love and respect for Him. Pray for God to strengthen us so that we can finish the race before us. Honor God with our words, our hearts, and our works.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
June 1, 2023

Happy Thursday,

Pray For Endurance With A Trusting Heart

There are times when we endure day after day of trials and tribulations. We can become physically and emotionally exhausted. If we are not careful our fatigue can lead to anger towards God.

We feel stuck in a miserable situation and it seems God doesn't care. When we are told troubles develop character we want to shout that we don't want any more character. We can fight against our situation until we feel like we have melted onto the floor. At this point, we are forced to look up to God.

Why not seek God in the midst of our troubles? Remember Joseph's troubles lasted a long time but Joseph did not give up on God. The end of his life made up for all the bad. We may not see complete victory until we enter Heaven, but the glories of Heaven will be worth it all!

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
June 5, 2023

Happy Friday,

We Are In A Spiritual Battle

Walking in the Spirit

16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: [d]adultery, [e]fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, [f]murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 [g]gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

We are in a spiritual battle against the devil and his demons. They attack us from every side and at every opportunity.

Romans 8:38
For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come,

Ephesians 3:10
to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places,

Ephesians 6:12
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Colossians 1:16
For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.

WE DO NOT BATTLE ALONE! God is with us and we can trust Him to see us through till the day of our redemption. Press onwards to the prize before us.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
June 4, 2023
Blessed Sunday,

With God, You Got This

“I prayed that you will continue to walk the walk of following Jesus. I know it can be hard. You’ve got this!” We must choose to walk with God. We do not fall into God’s will by accident.

Let us walk in grace and obedience to walk with God. May God help us to worship God in spirit and truth. God help us to seek His face and His will in all things.
Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
June 5, 2023

Happy Monday,

Friendship With The Holy Spirit

“The friendship of the Lord is for those who fear him, and he makes known to them his covenant.” Psalm 25:14

The Godhead consists of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. God in three persons, perfect Trinity. All members of the Godhead want to be our friends. All want to help and guide us through out our lives.

We begin to grow spiritually when we trust all of God to do what is best for us. We can live securely in the knowledge that whatever happens to us is part of God’s divine plans.

We go through times when things are so bad that we can not understand our situation and not why God has allowed it to happen. Complete trust is giving everything over to God and believing that He knows best.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
June 1, 2023
Happy Tuesday,

Fruits of the Spirit

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.”
Galatians 5:22-2

There are times when it is easier for the fruits of the Spirit to shine through us, than others. There are times when the devil attacks us as soon as we get out of bed. The fruits of the Spirit can be pushed to the corner when we are overwhelmed by hurt feelings, anger, and confusion.

We go through situations that we don't understand the reasoning behind. Troubles don't come one at a time. There are times we feel we are growing in a sea of problems. We may not even have the words to pray for ourselves.

When we have no words to say for us, pray for others. We know many people personally that have needs. Praying for others is a form of worshipping God.

Pray that God we will be a blessing to others.
Betty