• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Thoughts from an old lady

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 3, 2023

Happy Friday,

Often I look at a blank page and wonder where I should start. I pray for God to guide me in what to say and He does. Truth is we there are times when we are in situations where we have no clue how to navigate our way out.

The first step is to call on God and not after we have strumbled over everything and made a bigger mess, God wants to be our first call and not our last.

Seeking God’s help is not weakness, in fact it takes strength to admit that we need help. God made us to walk with Him. We were made to worship and praise God. Sadly the majority of mankind has chosen to walk in their own ways and their own truth.

If we do not seek the guidance of God, the devil will gladly guide us straight into sin. You might say I know a lot of atheists who are good moral people and I would agree with you. Yet they have committed the sin that got satan kicked out of Heaven-the sin of pride. Pride often keeps people from admitting that everyone was born into sin and that everyone needs a Savior.

Jesus left Heaven to live as a man and die for our sins. All we have to do is lay aside our pride and admit that we need a Savior and seek salvation through Jesus.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 4, 2023

Happy Saturday,

A Blessing Or A Curse

“Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in good health, just as your soul prospers – 3 John 2 ( NKJV ). But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you – Matthew 6:33 (NKJV). God has no problem prospering His children; all He wants is for their souls to prosper.”

God wants us to prosper in all things the same way our soul prospers. To some that is a great blessing, but to some, it is a curse. We can become more concerned about looks than we are about the health of our souls. We can be guilty of feeding our bodies and starving our souls.

When we pass away our bodies will not go with us. What wealth we have will not go with us. Do we want to enter Heaven with a weak underfed soul? May the Lord help us to focus more on the needs of our souls.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 5, 2023

Blessed Sunday,

God Wants To Join Him In Heaven

Daily Prayer for March 5
CHRISTOPH FRIEDRICH BLUMHARDT
“Fear not, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Luke 12:32, RSV
Lord our God, we come to you as a little flock, asking you to accept us and keep us as your own, whom you will redeem in your time. Protect us always so that we remain strong in faith. Strengthen us in the faith that you are with us, helping us. Grant that your people may come to the light, to the honor of your name. So we entrust ourselves to your hands this night. Be with us, Lord our God, through your Spirit. Amen”

As much as we want to go to Heaven, God also wants us to be in Heaven with Him. He sent His Son to die for us so that we could be reconciled with Himself and spend eternity with Him.

We serve God because we love Him and not out of fear. The more we love God the more we want to serve Him to the best of our ability. As young children, we worked hard in School to please our parents. How much more should strive to please the God who created us, died for us, and created a home for us in Heaven!

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 6, 2023

Happy Monday,

“This is the Day That the Lord Has Made”

Psalm 118:24

New King James Version

24 This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it.

If we are honest, we do not rejoice in every day. If we work we dread Mondays. When we get old we dread having to leave the house for medical appointments and even for shopping.

Yet when we look at the big picture, every day is a day that we can work for God and praise Him. When we look at days like that we can rejoice that we have another day to give ourselves to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Every day we can pray for lost souls. Let us try to greet each day with gladness and praise God for another day that we can strive to please God.

We can be glad in each day and still look forward to the rapture at the same time.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 7, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

Mixing Lies With A Little Truth

False Preachers and Teachers often snare people by mixing a little truth with lies. When Adam and Eve were in the garden, she snared herself by adding a lie to what God said.

Genesis 2:15-17

New King James Version

15 Then the Lord God took [a]the man and put him in the garden of Eden to tend and keep it. 16 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; 17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you[c] shall surely die.”

Now, look at what Eve said that God said.

Genesis 3:1-3

New King James Version

The Temptation and Fall of Man

3 Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said to the woman, “Has God indeed said, ‘You shall not eat of every tree of the garden’?”

2 And the woman said to the serpent, “We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden; 3 but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, ‘You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.’ ”

Chances are Eve added the no-touching part to make herself more of the victim. Implying that God was so mean that he put a pretty fruit tree in the garden and forbid them, from touching it.

In today’s world false teachers and preachers insert a little truth into the false teaching to deceive the vulnerable.

Galatians 5:9

New International Version

9 “A little yeast works through the whole batch of dough.”

A little false teaching spoils the whole teaching. In America and other western Countries, we have no excuse. We have Bibles to verify what we are taught. If the teaching is different than the Bible it is a lie.

It is important as children of God that we always test what we hear against the Bible. We do not want to be led astray. When Churches start exusing sin, we need to leave that Church. We need to be in a God-fearing Church where the truth of the Gospel is preached.

We are too near the end to be playing with sin. God requires us to live in Holiness and Righteousness. We serve God out of a heart of love and because we love God, we should seek to please God in all of our ways.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 8, 2023

Happy Wednesday,

Being Refined

In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls.”
(1 Peter 1:6-9, NIV)

This life is all about being refined for our eternity in Heaven. We can choose to live for self or we can surrender ourselves to God and live for Him. It is easy to say that we are all out for God, but are we really?

Do we only call on God when we are in a crisis? It is so easy to be caught up in day today living that we put God on the back burner. God wants to be at the center of our life. When we make decisions based on our love for God, the results will be better.

When we begin our day in prayer and end the day in prayer, we will find ourselves less conflicted. When we choose to allow God to influence us on a daily bases we will find ourselves more contented. Let us seek to put God first and to worship Him in our thoughts and deeds.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 9, 2023

Happy Thursday,

Surrender to God, Instead!

There are times that I surrender to my, fear. There are times I allow my doubts control me. Then I hear a voice whisper:” child, I have never left your side. Stop looking at your circumstances and look to, me instead.”

My friends, we often suffer because we forget that God is with us and He will never abandon us. When we keep our eyes on Jesus we will know without a doubt that victory is ahead.

When we put our complete trust in God, we can live in victory, rejoicing in the love of God here on earth and in our future in Heaven. We can change our fears in doubts into complete trust in our Heavenly Father.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 12, 2023

Happy Saturday,

Pray Daily, To Our God

“For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building.”
1 Corinthians 3:

Christians, we belong to the God of Heaven. He is our Heavenly Father. Do we honor Him with daily prayer? Do we daily offer up praises to our God? Let us not become so consumed with this life that we push God aside.

We should begin and end each day in prayer to our God. We should be grateful for every day that God gives us to serve Him. Let us not take for granted or overlook the opportunities that God gives us to serve Him.

Our work does not have to be extraordinary. A kind word to someone who is feeling down can make a difference in someone’s day. Even allowing someone to enter traffic in front of you can change a person’s attitude. Be an encourager wherever you go.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
Monday, 13, 2023

Happy Monday,

“He Refreshes Our Souls”

View attachment 365

If we are honest with ourselves, we will admit that we sometimes feel like we have traveled through a hot desert with no water. Times in dealing with others who are sick when we ourselves are sick ourselves. Times when we are overwhelmed.

This is when God reminds us to come to Him. To seek His peace. God has never asked us to stand on our own two feet and run this race without Him. He wants us to call out to Him. To seek His face in times of trouble. He is there for us if we will just seek Him.

Ephesians 2:14-18

New King James Version

Christ Our Peace

14 For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, 15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, 16 and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity. 17 And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near. 18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.

Christ is our peace. Give glory to His Holy Name. Worship Hime every day. Rejoice in your salvation. Through Jesus Christ, victory is ours.

Betty

Revelation 22:1-7

New King James Version

The River of Life

22 And he showed me a [a]pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2 In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3 And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him. 4 They shall see His face, and His name shall beon their foreheads. 5 There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever.

The Time Is Near

6 Then he said to me, “These words are faithful and true.” And the Lord God of the holy prophets sent His angel to show His servants the things which must shortly take place.

7 “Behold, I am coming quickly! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.”

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 14, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

A Cloud of Smoke By Day and A Fire By Night

Daily Prayer for March 14
“Then the Lord will create over all of Mount Zion and over those who assemble there a cloud of smoke by day and a glow of flaming fire by night; over everything the glory will be a canopy. It will be a shelter and shade from the heat of the day, and a refuge and hiding place from the storm and rain. Isaiah 4:5-6, NIV
Dear Father in heaven, our refuge for this day and for each day to come, touch us with the finger of your power. Be our protection and strong defense against all attacks of darkness. Where people look to you out of the darkness, let their eyes grow shining bright with the light from your eyes. Let your light shine within us and around us. Let your light bring your cause to victory, to the final great day of Jesus Christ. “Amen

God protected the people of Israel on their journey out of Egypt. The cloud protected them from the heat of the day and the fire provided them a hiding place from people and storms. What a marvelous God we serve. He knew what the people needed and he provided for them.

My friends, we can be guilty of thinking God does not care about our needs. The devil can tempt us into thinking that we are alone but we are not alone. We have people who care about us and are praying for us. We have a God who never forsakes us nor abandons us.

My friends let us not be overcome by fear because of what is happening in the world today. God is quite aware of what is happening and He can protect us. Look to Jesus and not at the circumstances around us. Seek guidance from God and put complete trust in Him, always.

1 John 4:18

New King James Version

18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 14, 2023

Happy Wednesday,

God Cares For Us

“Promise #74:

I see all your hardships and I care about your suffering.

Psalm 31:7 (WEB)

I will be glad and rejoice in your loving kindness,

for you have seen my affliction.

You have known my soul in adversities.”

We can get so caught up in dealing with our issues that we feel alone and isolated. This is where the devil wants us. He wants us to feel that no one cares, not even God.

The truth is people are praying for us. People that we don't even know about our praying for us. God DOES CARE! Every one of us has issues to deal with. We all have problems. Yet, God has not forsaken us. He sees the pain that we bear that no one else sees.

God has a reason for allowing us to suffer. The question is do we trust His judgment? When we surrender to God and accept His decision we can deal with our suffering in peace. We can relax knowing that what we are going through will refine and restore us.

God is the potter and we are the clay. Growing in grace and maturity in Christ sometimes requires God to use heat but He will not use more heat than we can bear. When we feel we can bear no more draw closer to God. Seek the comfort that only God can give us.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 16, 2023

Happy Thursday.

Heaven On My Mind

When I woke up today, I lay in bed thinking of Heaven. Thinking of all the family reunions I am longing to have. Of course, the first face I want to see is Jesus.

When we get caught up in the evil of this world, it will do us a lot of good to think of our future in Heaven. There is nothing on this earth that can compare to the glories of Heaven.

When we are tired and weary we can seek rest from God for here and at the same time think of our future when we will be with God forever. Everyone of us are dealing with something. Contrary to the devil’s lies we all have our burdens to bear. Remember God is always with us. We are loved.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 17, 2023

Happy Friday,

Fight Your Battles With Joy

Daily Prayer for March 17
“To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:31–32, NIV
Dear Father in heaven, grant that we may come to you in the Spirit. Through your Spirit gather us and many others on earth around our Lord Jesus Christ, the great Savior of humankind. May our hearts become truly free because you deliver us from all bondage to our own natures and to the world around us. As free people may we be led safely through distress, fear, and want, through need and death. May we become happy children whom Jesus Christ has called to life, children who are not discouraged by the struggle but who fight joyfully for your kingdom until it can be revealed to all the world. “Amen

It is so easy to walk through this life with our heads hung down and feeling sorry for ourselves. If we aren't sure how much we are going through, the devil is glad to remind us. The truth is there are times it seems we are being smothered by troubles.

Yet when we look up to God we can see the light at the end of our journey. When we enter Heaven the troubles we endured will be just a fading memory. We must choose to walk in joy. How do we do that? By prayer and singing songs of praise to our Heavenly Father. Bu accepting the will of God with a joyful heart.

I'm spite of your difficulties, make it a practice to praise God every day and rejoice in your future home in Heaven.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 18, 2023

Happy Saturday,

Prayer

1. Pray everyday

You cannot have a great relationship with God if you only pray when you need something. When you wake up thank Him for another day. When my son died I did not always appreciate another day. Then I realized every day on this earth is a day that I can work for my Heavenly Father.

1. Be honest in your prayers

God already knows the truth about you so lying to God is a waste of time. When you are honest with God, you can be specific about your needs. When you mess up talk to God about it. Ask God to help you in areas where you are easily tempted in.

1. Pray, with a trusting heart

A prayer without trust will go nowhere. Do not be double-minded. The Lord is faithful to those who put their trust in Him.

1. Pray Continuely

Have a heart that praises God through out the day. Reminding yourself of all that God has done for you. Worship God every day. Rejoice in the goodness of our Lord and Savior.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 19, 2023

Blessed Sunday,

To Stand Firm In Our Faith, Today We Need Strength From God

“Promise #78:

I will give you My strength to help you stand in high places.

2 Samuel 22:33-34 (WEB)

33 God is my strong fortress. He makes my way perfect.

34 He makes his feet like hinds’ feet, and sets me on my high places.”

There are so many things coming at us these days. If we do not stay connected to God and His Holy Word we can lose our way. People we have long trusted to speak the truth of the Gospel have been led astray and are taking others with them.

There is only one truth and that is God’s Holy Word. We cannot allow admiration for a person to override the truth of God and the truth of the Gospel.

The devil is working hard because he knows his time is short to mislead the children of God. God will give us the strength to stand firm if we ask Him to do so. Always seek to please God over mankind. In the end, we will be judged by God and not mankind.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 20, 2023

Happy Monday,

Search Me, God, And Know Me

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Psalm 139:23-24 KJV

It is comforting to know that God knows us better than we know ourselves and yet He loves us. We can be honest with God and still He will not abandon us.

When we come to God with a humble heart He will forgive us and restore us. Restoration with God brings forgiveness and peace. Walking daily and communicating with God through prayer can help us avoid sin.

It is important to avoid sin as much as possible because even forgiven sin has consequences. We can have more piece of mind when we live in righteousness. We seek to be righteous out of our love for our Heavenly Father.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 21, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

Falling Apart

2 Corinthians 4:16

New King James Version

Seeing the Invisible

16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.

We elderly often joke about our bodies falling apart. Truth is as we age our health does begin to decline. As Christians, we should focus more on our spiritual body. I do not mean we should neglect our physical bodies, but when we leave this world we will leave our bodies behind.

It is our spiritual relationship with God that will determine our rewards in Heaven. No one is going to get a crown for having the body of a young person st 80. The question is did we spend all our time on our bodies to the neglect of our spiritual health?

Make sure we spend time daily improving our relationship with God. Worshipping and praising God daily.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 22, 2023

Happy Wednesday.

We Are The Children of God

Daily Prayer for March 22
“He predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will - to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. Ephesians 1:5-6, NIV
Dear Father in heaven, grant that we may come to you as your children. Grant that we may come to your Spirit, that something of trust and perseverance may be born in us for our life on earth. May we always be loyal and full of hope, working and striving not only for what is earthly, but for the tasks that have been laid on us for your kingdom and its righteousness. Let new light shine out among us again and again. Let many understand when your voice is speaking to them, so that they may gain courage. Let your voice be heard so that the great gospel that makes us your children may be proclaimed to people of all circles.”Amen.

God wants us to bring our needs to Him. He wants us to share our concerns with Him. God does not ask us to tackle this life alone but to seek help from Him. Let us lay aside our pride and admit to our Heavenly Father that we need Him.

We can live in hope when we trust God completely. Lay aside foolish pride and seek God’s help every day. Pray for one another. Encourage one another.

Maranatha,

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 23, 2023

Happy Thursday,

Be Merciful

“Promise #82:

My mercy will overrule judgment.

James 2:13 (WEB)

For judgment is without mercy to him who has shown no mercy.

Mercy triumphs over judgment.”

We can be guilty of treating people harshly. We can be sarcastic with our words. We can be guilty of selfishness. These actions displease our Heavenly Father.

Kindness can go a long way. It takes a moment to think and not respond with rudeness when someone is rude to us. It is for better to pause a moment and gather our thoughts and respond with mercy. Nothing is gained when we respond with hateful and rude words.

Lamentations 3:22-23

New International Version

22 Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.

23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

Just as our God is merciful to us let us show mercy to others. We are not showing the love of Christ when we allow our temper to rule our actions.

Ask God to teach us to be kind and merciful. Remind ourselves how kind and merciful God has been to us.

Betty