• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Thoughts from an old lady

Betty52

Advanced Poster
September 6, 2022

Happy Tuesday,

He Will Carry Us

Promise #249:

I will carry you in My arms just like a father carries his child.

Deuteronomy 1:31 (WEB)

and in the wilderness, where you have seen how that Yahweh your God bore you,

as a man does bear his son, in all the way that you went, until you came to this place.”

There are times in our lives when we are so overwhelmed that we feel like a blind men stumbling in the dark. This is when the devil tries to convince us that God has abandoned us. If we listen to the devil for too long we can find ourselves overcome by depression.

This is when we need to ask God to open our eyes so that we can see that we are surrounded by the angels of God and that the Holy Spirit still abides in our hearts. When we take our eyes off of our circumstances we can focus on God and the work He is doing through us.

Glorify our Heavenly Father amid the storms of life. Worship God in spirit and truth. Rejoice in the knowledge that Jesus overcame the devil and He will lead us through victory.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
September 8, 2022

Happy Thursday,

Lord Jesus, We Need Thee

“Lord Jesus, sometimes we are like the disciples, unsure and confused and without many options. Surprise us with your generosity, and help us to realize that we depend totally on you. Amen.”

Written by: Julia Prins Vanderveen

There are days that we feel overcome. Days that we do not feel any hope and we do not have any hope to offer anyone else. Then out of the blue, we get a phone call that changes our attitude. Our circumstances may not change but we feel completely different.

God has given us comfort and encouragement using the voice of another. We no longer feel like we are struggling alone but we experience of knowing God is with us. We can keep walking knowing that the Holy Spirit is in us and God is walking with us.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
September 9, 2022

Happy Friday,

Strong In The Lord

Daily Prayer for September 9
CHRISTOPH FRIEDRICH BLUMHARDT
“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. Ephesians 6:10–11, NIV
Lord God, we thank you that it is your will to strengthen us through your presence, through Jesus Christ, the leader of your cause, who is and remains victor among all on earth. Our souls need strength and our hearts need confidence so that in our time we can draw near to you and to your kingdom. Bless us with the Holy Spirit whenever we begin to grow weary. Your Holy Spirit can give us the strength to believe and hope, the strength to see the salvation that is coming to give joy to all the world. “Amen

We would love to say that we are strong in the Lord every day. The truth is we all have bad days when we feel weak. When our troubles overwhelm us. This is when we become too focused on our problems and less focused on our Heavenly Father.

Even them God reaches out to us. My neighbor sent me a text today, with a reminder that God has my back and while my problems are bigger than me they are not bigger than God. When I remember this I do not have to fear.

My dear friends let me encourage you to stay focused on the Lord. Ask for prayer from others when you feel overwhelmed. Do not do like I often do and stuff your problems down inside and pretend everything is fine. It is not a weakness to ask for help from others and God.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
September 10, 2022

Happy Saturday,

Guide Us, Heavenly Father

Daily Prayer for September 10
“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. Psalm 119:105, NIV
Lord our God, we stand before your presence. Look in mercy upon us poor, weak children, who do not know where to turn unless you help us with your mighty hand. We trust in you. You will help us, you will always be with us, and even in hard times you will accomplish your will for what is good. Bless us today as we gather to hear your Word. May your Word always be our strength and joy. Your Word gives victory in us and in the whole world so that your will may be done on earth as in heaven. “Amen

So many things going on in this world, today. It is easy to be distracted and led astray from what our true purpose is. We are here to share the Gospel, encourage the brethren, and to pray for one another.

We cannot help but be affected by the tragedies and the evil around us, yet we can find peace when we call out to God. In Him, we will find peace to withstand the storms that surround us.

Our hope is not in mankind but in our Creator. When we keep our eyes on our Heavenly Father, we will find the courage to keep going and keep serving our Blessed Savior.

Betty

Philippians 3:13-15

Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do,forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you.

Betty52

Advanced Poster
September 11, 2022

Blessed Sunday,

He Is Never Far From Us

“Promise #254:

Reach out and you will touch Me for I am not far from you.

Acts 17:27 (WEB)

that they should seek the Lord, if perhaps they might reach out for him

and find him, though he is not far from each one of us.”

Twenty -One years ago our Nation was attacked. America came together as one Nation to fight a common enemy. Sadly, today America is divided and our biggest enemy is ourselves.

In our spiritual walk with God, we often find ourselves being sabotaged by our own fleshly desires. When troubles come we often fail to seek God’s help but, instead try to fight on our own. We forget that in spiritual battles we need the spiritual armor that God has provided for us.

Ephesians 6:12

King James Version

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

The closer we get to the rapture the more intense the spiritual battle will become. Do not wait until the battle to become spiritually ready, but pray every day that the Holy Spirit will keep us battle-ready. The closer we walk with God, the better prepared we will be.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
September 12, 2022

Happy Monday,

Our Prayers

“Promise #255:

Before you even call out to Me, I will answer you.

Isaiah 65:24 (WEB)

It will happen that, before they call, I will answer;

and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.”

There are times when we pray that we feel like God either did not answer or our prayers did not make it to Heaven. If we are honest we want instant results from our prayers. We want our timing and not God’s timing. Sometimes we can feel like we are hanging in limbo, waiting for answers.

God always hears our prayers. His timing and our timing are not always the same. Waiting on answers requires us to have patience. We do not always want to be patient. We live in an instant generation. God’s timing is always best. When we surrender to God’s will we will be at peace. We must learn to trust God in all circumstances.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
September 13, 2022

Happy Tuesday,

An Unearned Gift

Daily Prayer for September 13
“For it is by his grace you are saved, through trusting him; it is not your own doing. It is God's gift, not a reward for work done. There is nothing for anyone to boast of. Ephesians 2:8–9, NEB
Lord our God, we know that we are your children, and in this certainty we gather in your presence as a community. Grant us your Spirit, the Spirit who works in us and frees us from the many evils that still torment us. Be with us and let the power of your great grace and mercy be in our hearts so that we may gain the victory and lead joyful lives on earth in spite of our many shortcomings, blunders, and sins. For your grace is great, much greater than all our failings. You are our God and Father, and we want to keep our consciences clear today and always through your grace. “Amen.

We did not earn our gift of salvation. God did not save us because we were such good people. He saved us because He loved us. This is good to know because the devil likes to remind us of our failures and tell us that we are unworthy of God’s love.

The truth is God saved us not because we were worthy but because He loves us. When we sin, He chooses to forgive us because He loves us. His love for us is greater than our failures.

The more we love God, the less we want to sin. The closer we walk with Him, the less attractive sin becomes. We want to live holy lives not to impress others but because we love God. We work for God not out of obligation but out of our desire to please our Heavenly Father.

The older we get in our walk with God the more heavenly-minded we become. We realize that this world cannot compare to the glories of Heaven and the deeper our desire becomes to see our Lord and Savior face to face.

Maranatha,

Betty

Oh, I Want to See Him

As I journey through the land, singing as I go

Author: R. H. Cornelius (1916)

Tune: [As I journey through the land, singing as I go]

Published in 70 hymnals

FlexScore
O I Want to See Him
Representative Text

1 As I journey through the land singing as I go,

Pointing souls to Calvary– to the crimson flow,

Many arrows pierce my soul from without, within;

But my Lord leads me on, through Him I must win.

Refrain:

Oh, I want to see Him, look upon His face,

There to sing forever of His saving grace;

On the streets of Glory let me lift my voice;

Cares all past, home at last, ever to rejoice.

2 When in service for my Lord dark may be the night,

But I'll cling more close to Him, He will give me light;

Satan's snares may vex my soul, turn my thoughts aside;

But my Lord goes ahead, leads whate'er betide. [Refrain]

Attachments

• 1663097513535.png
    1663097513535.png
    37 KB · Views: 0
  • 1663097513437.png
    1663097513437.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 0

Betty52

Advanced Poster
September 14, 2022

Happy Wednesday,

Spiritual Battles

“Promise #257:

I will train you for battle with My shield of salvation.

Psalm 18:34-35 (WEB)

34 He teaches my hands to war, so that my arms bend a bow of bronze.

35 You have also given me the shield of your salvation.

Your right hand sustains me. Your gentleness has made me great.”

Do not be received by the devil. We are indeed fighting spiritual battles. The devil wants to weaken our faith and our commitment to God. His demons want to lead us astray into false teaching.

We do not have to be weak easy prey. We can put on the armor of God and with the help of God, we can be victorious. We are land sided by the media, TV, and even on our computers evil words come sliding down our screen to catch our eyes. With the Holy Spirit, we can overcome evil and stand in righteousness.

May God helps us in these last days to stand for the truth of God’s Holy Word and resist the lies of the devil and his demons. Keep looking up for our Redemption indeed drawth neigh.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
September 16, 2022

Happy Friday,

We Do Not What Lies Ahead

Daily Prayer for September 15
CHRISTOPHER FRIEDRICH BLUMHARDT
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, and your ways are not my ways. This is the very word of the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8–9, NEB
Lord our God, we thank you for allowing us to come to you and to stand before your face. We thank you for helping us throughout our life on earth, for strengthening our faith in you and our trust in all you do. Bless us and give us courage. May your light shine out among the peoples so that they recognize your will. May your light shine out so that your name may be praised and we can rejoice in the new time you give us. For you will be at work and you will accomplish it. Even when we do not know what will become of our time, you know what our time needs, and you will carry out your will. You will let your name be honored. You will bring your kingdom, and you will change everything for the good. “Amen

We trust in God even when we do not know what today holds much less the future. We can trust in God because He is faithful and just and He rules with mercy. We need not fear what tomorrow will bring because God will be with us. Whatever the day brings God will sustain us and the Holy Spirit will encourage us.

Our job is to trust God and serve Him out of a heart of love. We worship not out of obligation but out of a heart of love for our Heavenly Father. We praise God because He is worthy of all of our praise. We rejoice in the Knowledge that our future is with God for eternity. Bless His Holy Name, forever!

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
September 17, 2022

Happy Saturday,

Stay Fast In Our Faith

Hebrews 10:23

New King James Version

23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.

Let us not be double-minded, but hold on to our faith in God with strong determination. We cannot grow spiritually if our faith wavers from day to day. We must choose to trust God completely.

We must choose to be faithful children of God. Choose to worship Him in Spirit and Truth. May God help us to live in righteousness and faithfulness.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
September 18, 2022

Blessed Sunday,

Hope in the Midst of A Storm

Romans 15:13

New King James Version

13 Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

We can live in hope even when we are overwhelmed by our circumstances. Hope is believing things will get better when at the moment when they are not. It is trusting God to get us through the storms of life.

It is important to trust in God in the middle of our storms. If we let our faith waiver then we weaken our relationship with God. In these times we need a strong relationship with our Heavenly Father. We cultivate a strong relationship with God by spending more time with God. We cannot live on yesterday's victories. We must work on our relationship with God every day.

Betty

Ephesians 6:10

New King James Version

The Whole Armor of God

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.

Betty52

Advanced Poster
September 19, 2022

Happy Monday,

Do Not Be Ashamed of Your Faith

Romans 1:16-17

New King James Version

The Just Live by Faith

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel [a]of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”

Our Lord and Savior is worthy of all praise. God help us to never be ashamed of our relationship with God. For how can we be ashamed of the One who left the glories of Heaven to live and die for our sins?

It is a dangerous matter to belittle Scripture. We can do this when our friends complain about the Bible’s stand on gay marriage. We may want to look cool for our friends, but to deny the truth of God’s Word is stepping into dangerous waters.

The same thing applies to abortion. Do we stand up for the truth of the Bible or quickly change the subject? What will we do if a Government Offical shows up at our door asking questions about our beliefs? To be honest my first response would be to say come back with a warrant. Figuring my relationship with God is a personal matter. Yet, there may come a day when we will have to answer these questions under oath.

We prepare for that by asking God to strengthen our faith and our relationship with Him so that we can speak the truth in all circumstances. We pray for the soon rapture while at the same time we pray for God to prepare us for any challenges we may face. He will equip us for all battles.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
September 20, 2022

Happy Tuesday,

“Our Faith Is Not In Vain”

Daily Prayer for September 20
“Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom. One generation commends your works to another; they tell of your mighty acts. They speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty – and I will meditate on your wonderful works. Psalm 145:3–5, NIV
Lord God, our Helper, we thank you for walking among us and for letting many experience your protection. Even when we are dying, you protect and help us so that we need not pass into death but may enter into life. So may our hearts be lifted up to you. Grant that the light in us remains undimmed, and that we may come before you in sincerity. Lord God, create good out of evil. Let light dawn in the darkness. Fulfill your promise, for our hearts are not concerned with human desires but with your promise. You will carry it out, and we will be able to say, "Our faith was not in vain, our hope was not in vain. Lord our God, you have blest us a thousandfold." Amen

We can put our faith confidently in our Heavenly Father. The more we desire the will of God over our own will, the more at peace we will be. Living for Jesus brings us joy. God is perfection and even when we do not understand why He allows certain things to happen in our lives, we can be assured that His reasoning is just.

Trusting in God is serving God even when we do not understand why God lead us through battles and allowed our health to weaken. Our understanding of the reason why is not a requirement of us but, having complete trust in God through all things is.

Many things are going on in the world today that leave us scratching our heads in wonder. We see evil growing around us and we can easily become stressed, but when we remember that God is in control, we can be strong in our faith in God and not become fearful.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
September 21, 2022

Happy Wednesday,

Pray Throughout The Day

If we spent a day with a relative or friend and only spoke a good morning and a goodbye to them, what a wasted day that would be! God is with us all the time. It is beneficial to talk to God throughout the day.

We do not have to be on our knees to pray. We can talk to God while driving, cooking, and doing other chores. We can offer up praises to God throughout our day.

Last night we did not go to sleep until 7:30 this morning. We talked, and listen to music some. I also prayed and sang praises to God in my head. I am not saying this to brag but to remind ourselves that there are many opportunities for prayer in our lives. God help us to be more thankful.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
September 22, 2022

Happy Thursday,

We Can Endure Because We Love God

“Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. But he who endures to the end shall be saved.”

Matthew 24:11-13

It is our love for God that helps us endure trials and tribulations. Since my son died many people have said to me that they could not handle that. Truth is I thought I could not have either. Yet, God equips us to handle the battles that He sends us through.

Anyone that has been with me through this journey has seen my struggle, doubts, and despair, but yet through every hurdle God has been with me. Times, when I lost the will to live God, sustained me. Times when discouragement overcame me, God lifted me up.

We do not know what the future holds but we need not live in fear. Whatever we need to walk through what’s coming, God will provide. Let us not spend the present worrying about the future. God will be with us through today’s troubles and He will sustain us through whatever lies ahead.

We love God and and He will enable us to endure to the end, when we will be greeted by Jesus as He welcomes us into Heaven.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
September 24, 2022

Happy Saturday,

Lord, Give Us Rest

“Do you have worries or concerns about circumstances beyond your control?

In our most vulnerable moments, Jesus—the Good Shepherd described in Psalm 23—wants to heal, comfort, and strengthen His flock.

You can find the answers to life’s tests and trials as He makes you “lie down in green pastures.”

When you feel like you cannot go on—when taking another step feels impossible—you can find rest in His goodness by drinking from the “still waters” of His Spirit.”(1)

None of us are super Christians. We all grow tired and we all become discouraged at times. The question is what do we do when these things happen? God wants us to go to Him, first and not after we tried multiple other things. God wants us to consider Him our first choice.

We would be much better off going to God instead of exhausting ourselves instead of trying to fix everything ourselves. David was a man after God’s own heart because He learned to depend on God. We, too can depend on God.

Betty

(1) CBN

Betty52

Advanced Poster
September 25, 2022

Blessed Sunday,

Our Future Is Beyond our Imagination

Daily Prayer for September 25
“Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more...And he who sat upon the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." Also he said, "Write this, for these words are trustworthy and true." Revelation 21:1, 5, RSV
Lord our God, our Father, we look deep into your mighty Word and see the glory of the new world you will create according to your justice and truth. We thank you for giving us this joy on earth in the midst of all our toil and striving. We look deep into your Word. You make all things new. To this hope our lives are directed, to this hope you have called us, and we want to be faithful forever. Praise to your name, for you have already done great things for us! Keep us in your Word. Let many find the light, for in this light they may look to you in simple faith and constancy until the end, when throughout the world we may see your glory and your grace. “Amen

In our human minds, we cannot comprehend the idea of a new Heaven and Earth. We can not even imagine the Heaven that exists now. We are not living our best life now and never will on this earth.

My friends the best is yet to come. God is going to create a new Heaven and earth for His children. What a glorious hope for our future! Let us serve our Heavenly Father, faithfully out of our love for Him. The little trials we face today will barely be memories when spending eternity with our Christian brethren and God. Indeed! What a day of rejoicing that will be! Even, so come quickly Lord Jesus!

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
September 26, 2022

Happy Monday,

Jesus Prayed

John 17

New King James Version

Jesus Prays for Himself

17 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, 2 as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He [a]should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. 3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. 4 I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. 5 And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

Just as we should talk to God, daily. Jesus also talked to His Father when He was on earth. Now Jesus is in Heaven and once again a part of the God Head. Verse 5 makes it clear that Jesus was part of the Godhead before the world begin. Jesus was not created. He has always been God. We worship God in spirit and truth.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
September 27, 2022

Happy Tuesday,

We Need Not Fear, Falling

“Promise #270:

I will keep you from falling until you joyfully stand blameless in My presence.

Jude 1:24 (WEB)

Now to him who is able to keep them from stumbling,

and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory in great joy,”

With so much evil and lawlessness abounding in this world, it is easy to fear sinning. We do not have to live in fear. We can begin each day praying for God to guide us and light our paths so we do not fall into satan’s traps.

With the Holy Spirit living in us, we can avoid evil. When we do sin, seek forgiveness from God and anyone we hurt. God wants us to live in righteousness but when we do sin, He will forgive us and bring us back on the right path. May God help us to be faithful and trust in Him through all circumstances.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
September 28, 2022

Happy Wednesday,

Jesus Is Coming Soon!

I had two dreams before I woke up, about the importance of sharing the news that Jesus is coming soon. Christians and those waiting on the fence post to make a decision need to know that the time of making a decision is soon coming to a close. Today is the day of salvation, for no one but God knows what tomorrow holds.

On that day, Christians will say that they would have done things that they have put off if they had known the rapture would happen that day. People on the fence about salvation will moan that they did not receive salvation before the rapture.

Christians let us live like every day is rapture day. Sharing the Gospel wherever we can. Sinners come to Jesus while the door is still open.

Betty