• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Thoughts from an old lady

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 10, 2022

Blessed Sunday,

Seek Relief and Comfort in God

“Daily Prayer for April 10
Christoph Friedrich Blumhardt
For none of us lives for ourselves alone, and none of us dies for ourselves alone. If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living. Romans 14:7-9, NIV
Lord God, unite us with Jesus Christ, the risen and living One. Unite us so that our lives are completely submerged in your will through Jesus Christ. Tear us loose from all that tries to bind us to earth. Make us free people who always lift their heads and look up because their redemption is approaching. Almighty God, we trust in you, however difficult the times may be. Remember all peoples, for it is your will to gather them into your kingdom. You, O God, are our refuge and our help. In you we trust until the end. Amen”

Recovering from surgery is hard and painful, but we do not need to feel overwhelmed when we take our needs to God. Whatever troubles you have in your life, take them to Jesus. Jesus will help us if we just ask. Do not allow pride or self-doubt to keep us from seeking God in all our times of trouble.

God hears our prayers, not because we are so great, but because He is so great! Even in our weaknesses and pain, we can rejoice that we serve an awesome God. Give God the sacrifice of praise in all circumstances. Remind ourselves that God will never abandon us.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 11, 2022

Happy Monday,

Fear not! God Promises to Never Leave You

“Fear not! God promises He will never leave you nor forsake you

“The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” Deuteronomy 31:8.”

This morning hubby sat up to take a drink from a drink from his nightstand and I told Him that I did not want to be alone. This brought up a memory from surgery or the recovery room, I am not sure, but three separate times I asked the person not to leave and they promised not to.

This morning God reminded me that He would never leave nor forsake me.

There are things we go through that a person cannot be with us, but even when we cross the river of Jordan the Holy Spirit will be with us.

My daughter spent the night with me at the hospital the day of surgery, which I greatly appreciated. At 70 and with onset Alzheimers, I feel more vulnerable these days.

We are living in trying times and many people are fearful. My dear friends, we need not live in fear. If we have given our lives and souls to Christ, He will be with us through every storm and every battle. We need not even fear death for death is just a door opening up into Heaven. We need not fear living for God is with us. God is with us in all circumstances and whatever happens, we can feel secure.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 12, 2022

Happy Tuesday,

Travelers

“Daily Prayer for April 12
But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body. Philippians 3:20-21, NIV
Lord our God, draw us to yourself. Draw us into the quiet that you give, where something can happen to us and to our hearts. Help us to discern your kingdom surrounding us and in our spirits to live in this kingdom. Then our life will be as if in heaven, where we need not worry or torment ourselves, where your power is everything to us, penetrating our earthly life, which so often weighs us down. We thank you that you have made a way of strength, full of power to hold us firmly, so that even when we stumble, we cannot be turned from the goal. We thank you for all the good that comes from you, which we cannot see in earthly things but which can invade our hearts with such mighty and uplifting power. Amen”

As children of God, Heaven is our home. We were born on this earth for a purpose. The purpose of living is for living for God and fulfilling the plans He had for us. Fulfilling our purpose not only brings joy to our Heavenly Father but it brings joy to our lives.

There will be trials and troubles in this life, but we can look forward to an eternity in Heaven with our Heavenly Father. When we enter Heaven we will see the end results of obeying God and working for His Glory. What a glorious joy will be ours when we behold our Savior face to face!

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 13, 2022

Happy Wednesday,

Is God The Driver or The Passenger?

“Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness! You have relieved me in my distress; have mercy on me, and hear my prayer.”

It used to be common to see bumper stickers on a car with the words:” God is my co-pilot.” It sounded good but it is wrong. God is either the pilot of our lives or we have kicked Him to the curb. God insists on being in control. If we are honest with ourselves, things go better when we surrender to God’s authority.

We cannot serve God and ourselves. We must choose to surrender authority to Him or face the consequences of making wrong choices. While God’s plans are not always what we would have chosen, His plans are always the best.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 14, 2022

Happy Thursday,

Hate Abounds

A person just has to watch the news, read the newspaper, or read a news article on the internet to see that evil is growing in leaps and bounds. Some of the things happening today are just sickening.

God warned us about these days. These days we need to seek time with our Heavenly Father more than ever. When God warned us about these times, He did not suggest that we cower in fear. He said for us to look up for our redemption draweth near.

Rejoice my friends for our time on earth is coming to an end. Serve our Heavenly Father with joy and gladness as we look with great anticipation to being in our Heavenly Home.

Betty

The Cathedrals - Wedding Music Lyrics

ProfilesEngineServlet.gif

Is that wedding music I hear?
The bride's adorned and ready to appear
There's Heavenly preparation for the wedding celebration
Is that wedding music that I hear?

The family is preparing for a wedding
All have been invited to attend
The bride is standing ready, waiting for the signal
When the Groom says, "Rise, my children, come on in"

Soon we'll rise to leave this land of sorrow
For that ceremony in the air
The Father then will lead us through the holy land of splendor
Have you made your preparation to go there?

There's Heavenly preparation for the wedding celebration
Is that wedding music
Oh, is that wedding music that I hear?

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 16, 2022

Happy Saturday,

Keep us From Growing Confused

“Daily Prayer for April 16
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.” John 14:6-7, NIV
Lord our God, we come seeking to find community with you and ask you to keep us in your truth throughout all that occupies us in our daily lives. Keep us from growing confused about truths we have already found through the witness of your Spirit in our hearts. Keep us in your truth so that we can hold firmly to our course on earth under the many hardships and burdens that try to drag us down. Help us to remain steady and to find the path that goes straight ahead, leading us on and on to your final goal. Amen.”

I am growing confused about the date lately. Today I thought we were in September. Thankfully my Tablet shows the date and day for me. Confusion about the date can be embarrassing, but getting confused about the teachings of God can be catastrophic.

The devil and his false teachers would love to creat confusion in our minds about the teachings of God. Just remember my friends if what someone is teaching us is contrary to Scripture, run away from them.

Hebrews 13:8

New King James Version

8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

1 Timothy 6

New King James Version

Honor Masters

6 Let as many bondservants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honor, so that the name of God and His doctrine may not be blasphemed. 2 And those who have believing masters, let them not despise them because they are brethren, but rather serve thembecause those who are benefited are believers and beloved. Teach and exhort these things.

Error and Greed

3 If anyone teaches otherwise and does not consent to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the [a]doctrine which accords with godliness, 4 he is proud, knowing nothing, but is obsessed with disputes and arguments over words, from which come envy, strife, reviling, evil suspicions, 5 useless wranglings of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. [c]From such withdraw yourself.

Run away from false teachers. Be assured Jesus has not changed His teaching. God has not changed His mind about sin. We must accept the truth of the Gospel. No matter how kind a lie sounds, it is still a lie. Lies from the devil will send many souls to hell. God has given us the truth.

We must humble ourselves before God and accept the truths of God. We must turn away from our sins for we cannot enter Heaven, if we choose to live in sin. Heaven and Hell are eternal. We must choose wisely.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 18, 2022

Happy Monday,

Yahweh is My Strength and My Song

“Promise #108:

You can trust in Me, for I am your strength and your song.

Isaiah 12:2 (WEB)

Behold, God is my salvation. I will trust, and will not be afraid;

for Yah, Yahweh, is my strength and song; and he has become my salvation.”

God is our salvation, protection for today, and hope for the future. In all circumstances, we can trust Him, for He knows us better than we know ourselves. We need not walk in fear when we put our trust in our Heavenly Father.

There are things about today that we do not understand. God has not asked us to understand everything but to trust in Him. He gives us the strength to walk through the storms and puts a song in our hearts whereby we can worship God in all things.

Hebrews 12:2

English Standard Version

2 looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.

Jesus endured the cross to pay and secure our salvation. We need to worship Him in spirit and in truth. Let us be grateful for our salvation and choose to walk in faith and truth.

Philippians 1:6

English Standard Version

6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

God will not abandon us. He filled us with His Holy Spirit at the moment of salvation and the Holy Spirit will be with us until we take our last breath on the earth. Troubles come and go but God and His Spirit are with us for the long haul.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 19, 2022

Happy Tuesday,

He is Not Here!

Don’t be alarmed,” he said. “You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here.”
Mark 16:6

Did you ever wonder why Jesus was not sitting at the tomb waiting for His disciples? The tomb had served its purpose and Jesus was ready to move on, to new work.

Have you ever been blessed by a week-long revival? The Holy Spirit moving so greatly that you hated to leave the Church and go home. We need revivals but revivals are a time of refreshing so that we can go out into the world to shine the light of the Gospel on others.

This world is not our final home. Our life in this world serves a purpose, but one day we will move on to our eternal home. We can be distracted into putting too much focus on this world and not enough focus on Heaven. God warned us to store up treasures for Heaven and not to be so concerned about building up treasures on earth that can be stolen or disappear in a fire.

God help us to be more focused on Him and His kingdom and to desire to please Him more.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 20, 2022

Happy Wednesday,

Is My Heart In It?

As Christians, there are times that we take on a job at Church, simply because we are asked to. Our motives for doing the work can be misplaced. We may say yes because we want to look good. We may even say yes because we feel pressured to.

After we say, yes there are times we need to take the time to pray and ask God to change our motives from what they are into the motive of wanting to please God. When we do a job out of our love for God we will find that the work will be much easier and we will not become resentful.

When we work from a heart of love we will be a blessing to God and others and we will find joy in our work. After we finish our work, even we feel physically tired, we will have the satisfaction of pleasing our Heavenly Father.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 21, 2022

Happy Thursday,

Someday, Never Came

Someday never came could be written on many gravestones. Most people know what is right to do but just keep putting it off. Someday I will work fewer hours and spend time with the kids. Before they realize it the kids are grown and they are too busy to spend time with a parent that never had time for them.

The saddest are those who know the truth about God but choose to put salvation off until they sow their wild oats, not realizing that every time they refuse the Holy Spirit that their heart hardens until they are no longer capable of hearing their Holy Spirit.

How sad to spend eternity in hell, knowing then how many times that one turned a deaf ear to the Holy Spirit! I meant to get saved one day will not get you into Heaven.

Some are so deaf to the call of the Holy Spirit that they do not see the times we are living in. People say I have heard Jesus is coming all my life and I don't think he is coming now. Yes, we have heard about the rapture for a long time. Yet how long have we heard world leaders crying out that we need someone to come on the scene and fix the world. Every day someone is saying that we need a One World Government. Now the world is calling for a digital currency. Just as Jesus cried over Israel because She was blind to the times they were living in, it must break His hearts to see even Christians blind to the times we are living in today.

Now is the time for salvation. Now is the time for living in righteousness and the truth of the Gospel. Now is the time to put God first in our lives. May God open our eyes to the times we are living in.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 22, 2022

Happy Friday,

Longing For The Return Of Jesus

“Daily Prayer for April 22
Be dressed ready for service and keep your lamps burning, like men waiting for their master to return from a wedding banquet, so that when he comes and knocks they can immediately open the door for him. Luke 12:35–36, NIV
Lord our God, we wait in expectation. Even in the great distress on earth, we wait in longing for your day to come, for the pangs of death to pass, so that your kingdom may arise and the reign of Jesus Christ may spread over the whole world in power and glory. May your promise be fulfilled and your will be done on earth. May there always be people who believe and who pray in faith, “Lord God, come! Come, Lord God. Humankind does not understand how to live. Send us Jesus Christ, the Savior, Lord, and Judge of the dead and the living. Put an end to sin and death!” We thank you for giving us this faith and for letting us pray at all times, “Come, Lord Jesus. Yes, come soon, Lord Jesus!” We ask you to protect us in this faith. Bring this faith to fulfillment for the glory of your name. Amen”

2 Timothy 4:7-9

King James Version

7 I have fought a good fight; I have finished my course; I have kept the faith.

8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness which the Lord, the righteous Judge, shall give me on that Day — and not to me only, but unto all those also who love His appearing.

There are those who think that those of who long for the rapture are too obsessed, but there is a crown for those who love Jesus coming for His children. Just as a Bride longs for her Wedding Day, so should the Bride of Christ long for His appearing.

We cannot even imagine the glorious wonders of Heaven. Just being in a place with no sin, violence or hate is glorious. Yet the beauty of Heaven is beyond our imagination. Heaven will be a place where love abounds.

We can work for God on earth and still long for the rapture. We can pray for sinners and still say: “Come quickly, Lord Jesus”. Never feel badly for longing for Heaven. This does not mean we do not love our family. Rejoice over our saved loved ones and pray for our lost loved ones.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 23, 2022

Happy Saturday,

He Knows Me, More

Psalm 139:23-24King James Version

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Have you ever had words come out of your mouth that shocked you? I have. I have been embarrassed at things I have said. Truth is sometimes we do not know ourselves the evil that is growing in our hearts.

Matthew 15:18

New King James Version

18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and they defile a man.

This is why we should do like David and pray often for God to search our hearts and bring to light our hidden sins so we can confess and repent. God can heal our hearts of hidden sins. God can and is willing to lead us into righteousness.

We can pick up evil thoughts and ideas from living in this world but we can always go to God and ask Him to heal our minds and hearts from evil.

Living righteousness is not easy. We need God to help us and He is willing.

The devil has filled the hearts of men and women with evil. Mankind as a whole had rejected Biblical truth and accepted evil as normal behavior. If we are not careful, we can allow the world to change our mind on what is truth.

Mankind has accepted as truth many things that would have shocked all of us just 10 years ago. Hollywood has filled movies and tv shows with sin being accepted as normal behavior until the masses have begun to believe that sin is normal behavior.

My friends, we must be careful that we do not begin to believe world views over the truth of the Bible. The Bible is the true and living Word of God. God has not changed His mind. What God declared as sin, is still sin.

We must pray that God will help us stand for the truth of God’s Word, in a world where the truth is no longer accepted nor appreciated.

May God keep us safe and our hearts and minds pure. God bless you and your family.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 24, 2022

Blessed Sunday,

It Is More Than, I Can Take

When I got out of bed, I was suffering so much pain, and my first thought was this is more than I can take. Then the Holy Spirit whispered to me that God does not want me to bear my burdens alone.

Too often we Christians, me included, live like we have no Heavenly Father. We try to fight our battles alone. God did not save our souls and then forget about us. He knows when we are overwhelmed and in these times, He wants us to draw close to Him.

There are many times that God protects us when we did not even know about the danger, but there are also times that God wants us to cry out to Him. To acknowledge our need of Him. To seek Him and then give Him the glory of the wondrous work He does in our lives.

What if we are not healed, then we praise God as we go through the journey of life with Him. Always pray for healing. Healing will come on earth or in Heaven. Do not lose heart even during times of suffering but keep our trust securely in God.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 25, 2022

Happy Monday,

Every day brings new challenges. If we watch the news, there is always something bad happening somewhere. It is easy to become depressed and stressed, but this does not have to be so.

No matter what is happening around us or across the ocean, God is still in control. Today, more than ever we to remind ourselves that God told us how the last days would be. He did not tell us to hang our heads in despair but to look up.

Luke 21:28 King James Version

28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Our day of rejoicing is drawing near. Soon we will lay down our burdens for good. Soon we will be in our glorified bodies. While we are still here, comfort one another and remind ourselves and others that victory is in sight. For now, let us serve God with a willing heart, and do not forget to live in hope and great expectations for our “redemption draweth nigh”.

Betty

Hold it all together, everybody needs you strong

But life hits you out of nowhere and barely leaves you holding on

And when you're tired of fighting

Chained by your control

There's freedom in surrender

Lay it down and let it go

So when you're on your knees and answers seem so far away

You're not alone, stop holding on and just be held

Your world's not falling apart, it's falling into place

I'm on the throne, stop holding on and just be held

Just be held

Just be held

If your eyes are on the storm you'll wonder if I love you still

But if your eyes are on the cross you'll know I always have and I alwayswill

And not a tear is wasted

In time, you'll understand

I'm painting beauty with the ashes

Your life is in My hands

I'm on the throne, stop holding on and just be held

Just be held

Just be held

Lift your hands, lift your eyes

In the storm is where youll find Me

And where you are, I'll hold your heart

I'll hold your heart

Come to Me, find your rest

In the arms of the God who won't let go

I'm on the throne, stop holding on and just be held (stop holding on)

Just be held

Just be held

Just be held

Just be held

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 26, 2022

Happy Tuesday,

Luke 12:22-34

New International Version

“Do Not Worry”

22 Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23 For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24 Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! 25 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life[a]? 26 Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?

27 “Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 28 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith! 29 And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. 30 For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. 31 But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.

I think it would shock us if we could see all the hours we wasted worrying in our lives. Yet, worrying never solved one problem. Instead of worrying and then going to God in prayer, when we are at the end of our rope, perhaps we should call out to God at once when problems or situations arrive to overwhelm us.

Matthew 6:33

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

Seek God first and seek to live righteously. Lay aside the little sins that corrupt our souls. Seek the approval of God over mankind. Worship God, everyday and give Him praise in all circumstances.

Do not fear the times we are living but trust in our Heavenly Father everyday, knowing that He will never leave us or forsake us. When the devil speaks fear into our ears, speak God’s Holy Word over your life.

Let us strive to lay aside worry and stand on the promises of God.

Betty