• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Thoughts from an old lady

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 20, 2022

Blessed Sunday,

“Jesus Take the Wheel”

Just like the song says, there are times that we need to just step back and allow God to work in our lives. No matter how smart we think we are, we do not have the wisdom of God. While it's true, that He takes us down paths that are foreign to us, He always knows best.

The big thing as Christians is that most of us need to work on is trust. We are not in complete trust if we are questioning every move that God makes in of lives. Often we need to remind ourselves to surrender ourselves to the will of God. When we do we will find peace.

Then start singing praises to God. It is amid our praise that we will find joy. Even in grief and difficult times we can be joyful in the Lord. As we praise God, He will comfort us and give us peace.

Betty

Nehemiah 8:10

Then he said to them, “Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet, and send portions to those for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 21, 2022

Happy Monday,

There are days that you just do not feel close to God. What should we do? We pray and sing praises to God. When we do this we will draw close to God and He will draw close to Him.

Do not allow our emotions to dictate our faith. Even when we feel bad, we can still have a strong faith in God. When we are weak, God is still strong and He will help us and strengthen us. Trust in God in all circumstances. Do not waver like a leaf in the breeze but stand firm in our faith in God.

May God bless you today and guide you in His will.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 22, 2022

Happy Tuesday,

The Greatest Adoption

Daily Prayer for March 22
Christoph Friedrich Blumhardt
“He predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will - to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. Ephesians 1:5-6, NIV
Dear Father in heaven, grant that we may come to you as your children. Grant that we may come to your Spirit, that something of trust and perseverance may be born in us for our life on earth. May we always be loyal and full of hope, working and striving not only for what is earthly, but for the tasks that have been laid on us for your kingdom and its righteousness. Let new light shine out among us again and again. Let many understand when your voice is speaking to them, so that they may gain courage. Let your voice be heard so that the great gospel that makes us your children may be proclaimed to people of all circles. Amen”

Before we were even in our mother’s womb God had predestined us for adoption into His family. What a marvelous gift that God bestowed on us before we were even born. This is something to remember not out of pride but when the devil says that God does not love us. God loved us before we were even born.

It is because of this great gift, we should be joyfully sharing the Gospel with lost souls. Our hearts should be so on fire for God so that people can see that there is something different about us.

When we go through bad times, let us pray that we stand strong in our faith so that others can see the strength of God flowing through us. When we feel weak pray for God to strengthen us. When doubts attack us, read His Word so that our faith will grow.

Romans 10:17

New King James Version

17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Pray that God will help us live our lives for God and live in a way that is pleasing to Him. Seek guidance from God to walk in His truths and righteousness. Comfort ourselves in the knowledge that He is coming back in the clouds to welcome us to join Him for eternity.

Betty

1 Thessalonians 4:13-17

New King James Version

The Comfort of Christ’s Coming

13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen [a]asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are [c]asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 23, 2022

Happy Tuesday,

Be Thankful

Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.

Colossians 4:2

No matter what circumstances we are in, we can have a thankful heart. There are so many things to be grateful for. God is gracious and good to His children.

As we live each day, we pray that God will help us to live in a way that is pleasing to Him. We pray that we grow spiritually and develop compassion and kindness for others. May the Holy Spirit will help us to not disappoint God nor bring shame to His Name. Let our voices lift up praises to our Heavenly Father.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 24, 2022

Happy Thursday,

“An Appointed Time”

Daily Prayer for March 24
Christoph Friedrich Blumhardt
“For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay. Habakkuk 2:3, NIV
Dear Father in heaven, in quietness we come to you and ask you for your Spirit. We ask this especially for the time of waiting still required of us as we hope and strive for light to come into all hearts, for light to shine where there is so much death. We must not despair of our inner life even when life around us rages as if it would suck us down into its whirlpool with no way out. But you will guard us. Watch over us, we pray, also in hours of temptation, so that we may remain under your care. Watch over us so that we have hope and joy in you, assured that your goal for us all is true life from above, a life of resurrection. Amen”

We can become weary waiting for the rapture. The devil will try to convince us that it is never coming or it is decades away. Truth us, God never told us to spend our time trying to figure out when the rapture will be. He told us how to know what season it will happen and we know that we are in the season, because of the birth of Israel.

Knowing that we are in the season should motivate us to work for God and pray more than ever for lost souls. We see wickedness grow in abundance around. We see things falling into place for a one-world government and religion. God has opened our eyes to the times we are living in.

The devil and his demons are working to bring doubts and fears to the hearts and minds of Christians. Knowing this we know that we need the whole armor of God more than any other time.

Of course, we need necessities like food and shelter, but this is not the time to become obsessed with acquiring luxuries. Let us instead focus on our spiritual health. God will provide for our needs. Let us pray that God will help us grow spiritually and live in a way that is pleasing to Him. This is the time to become more Heavenly minded. Let us be more about Christ pleasing and less concerned about what the world thinks of us. Reminding ourselves that the world hated Christ and the more we become like Christ the more the world will hate us. When our time is ended on this earth it will be Christ that will judge us and not this world.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 24, 2022

We Do Not Have All The Pieces

Tomorrow will be my son’s first birthday in Heaven. There is still a part of me that cries out to God, asking what was the point of taking Jeff away from his wife and family. His whole family misses Him.

I have been working on a puzzle for several weeks. I am down to the last part and none of the pieces fit the blank spots. I got so frustrated a few minutes ago I got the box to put the puzzle back and was surprised to find over 20 pieces in the box. There is no wonder why I could not put it together.

Life is like that. We only see life from a limited view. God sees our beginning, the middle, and our end in this world. It is because our view is limited that we can not comprehend the whys of God’s will. This is why we must trust God. It hurts so much not to have Jeff with us, but we can take comfort that he is not lost but with God in Heaven. He has finished his race and now He lives in eternal victory. One day we will join him, but for today we seek to carry out God’s will for our lives here on this earth.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 26, 2022

Happy Saturday,

When Our Plans Are Changed

“In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps.” - Proverbs 16:9 NIV

Six months ago our lives changed in a way that broke us. Our son’s death changed us so many ways and was heartbreaking. It took time to get to the point that we were willing to submit to God’s will, but in return, He began the slow process of putting the pieces back together.

We will never be the same and in many ways that is a good thing. We have been reminded that life is like a vapor and can slip away unexpectedly. We have also learned that through the worse times of our lives that God is with us. When we feel so weak that we fear that we cannot carry on, we learned that God will sustain us.

Last night we got together at a restaurant for a meal and to remember our son on his birthday. My daughter asked Jeff’s daughter ( 2 and half) to say Happy Birthday to her dad. Instead, she sang happy birthday to her dad. Thankfully my daughter was able to film it. Her sweet little voice singing to her dad in Heaven caused us all to cry happy tears. A little child in her innocence taught us that there is still hope after loss.

There are many things that can change our plans. Sometimes it is a good thing that can happen but often it is a hard unexpected thing that happens. When this happens we do not have to lose our faith in God. It may take time to accept God’s will, but when we do, He will give us peace, hope, strength, and love. We can trust Him to get us through when we trust in Him.

Betty

B. B. McKinney, 1886-1952

Verse 1
Have faith in God when your pathway is lonely,
He sees and knows all the way you have trod;
Never alone are the least of His children;
Have faith in God, have faith in God.

Chorus
Have faith in God, He’s on His throne;
Have faith in God, He watches o’er His own;
He cannot fail, He must prevail;

Verse 2
Have faith in God when your prayers are unanswered,
Your earnest plea He will never forget;
Wait on the Lord, trust His Word and be patient,
Have faith in God, He’ll answer yet.

Chorus

Verse 3
Have faith in God in your pain and your sorrow,
His heart is touched with your grief and despair;
Cast all your cares and your burdens upon Him,
And leave them there, oh, leave them there.

Chorus

Verse 4
Have faith in God though all else fail about you;
Have faith in God, He provides for His own;
He cannot fail though all kingdoms shall perish,
He rules, He reigns upon His throne.

Chorus

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 28, 2022

Happy Monday,

Jesus is Indeed, Coming For His Church

2 Peter 3:9

King James Version

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Christians and sinners alike, are wondering why the rapture has not happened. It is not that God has forgotten nor has He changed His mind. He has His plans and we that are watching can see the pieces falling into place.

We must look at this time of waiting as opportunities to work for God and share the Gospel. We all have family and friends who have said that they do not want to hear about Jesus anymore. While we must honor their decision, we can still pray for them.

Prayers to God are never wasted. Yet God gives us each of us the ability to choose for ourselves. Sadly some people choose sin over Heaven. Not realizing that 70 years of enjoying your sin is not worth the eternity in hell that sin will cost them.

A President in the past made fun of people who cling to their guns and the Bible. There will come a time that He will wish that he had believed what the Bible says.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 30, 2022

Happy Tuesday,

Choose Wisely

“Promise #88:

I prepared a kingdom inheritance for you when I created the world.

Matthew 25:34 (WEB)

Then the King will tell those on his right hand, ‘Come, blessed of my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world;”

Spending eternity with His children was not an afterthought for God. God intended to spend eternity with us even before He made us. What a glorious thought that God knew mankind would sin before He made us, yet He chose to mas mankind.

Before He made us He has already made a plan of sacrificing His Son to make redemption possible for mankind. God’s plan was always for us to spend eternity with Him in Heaven.

Unfortunately, just as Adam and Eve chose sin over the Garden of Eden, millions of people choose sin over an eternity in Heaven. They give in to the devil’s lies so much that they either stop believing there is a God or they choose their sin over surrendering themselves to God.

We can only serve one master when we choose to serve ourselves over God then our sinful desires become our God. For those who choose to serve God, there is an eternal reward waiting for us. Unfortunately for those who choose self, there is an eternal hell waiting for them. We can not blame God, for we decide our eternity, ourselves. Choose wisely.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 30, 2022

Happy Wednesday,

Going Home

“Promise #89:

It is precious for Me to see My faithful ones come home.

Psalm 116:15 (WEB)

Precious in the sight of Yahweh

is the death of his saints.”

We often talk about how excited we will be when we walk into Heaven’s gates. It was not until I read Psalm 116:15, that I realized that God is looking forward to seeing us enter Heaven. What a glorious thought to realize that God finds the thought of us entering into His Holy presence is precious.

Getting together with family is great. Talking over memories together is fun. One day we will enter Heaven and have a family reunion with all our saved family members who have gone before us. What a glorious time that will be! Yet the greatest moment will be when we see Jesus face to face!

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 31, 2022

Happy Thursday,

Be Available

As children of God, let us be available to His call. May God help us to step out of our comfort zone and obey Him. When we are willing to do this, not only God will help us to be stronger in our faith, but He will be with us.

When we have a willing attitude towards the call of God, we will find ourselves surprised by the different things that God will ask us to do. In my journey with God, I have moved across the Country twice. Each time God took away my fear of change and gave me peace.

I lived in Montana for three months and Washington State for four years. I have lovely memories from both places. My obedience led to spiritual growth and I have no regrets.

The best way to please God is to be open to His plans and to trust Him to be with us when we obey His call. May God help us to be available!

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 1, 2022

Happy Friday,

Today is the Day To Chose Life

Hosea 10:12

New King James Version

Sow for yourselves righteousness;
Reap in mercy;
Break up your fallow ground,
For it is time to seek the Lord,
Till He comes and rains righteousness on you.

As we get closer and closer to the rapture, time is running out for people to get saved. While it is true that there will be people who do get saved during the tribulation, no sane person wants to be here for that.

Those left behind have no guarantee that they will be able to get saved.

2 Thessalonians 2:5-11

New King James Version

5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the [a]mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,

God is long-suffering but there will come a time when God will say enough is enough. Then He will come and get His children and take them to Heaven. Then the time of judgment will come for those left behind. People who chose sin over salvation. People who chose to believe the devil's lies over the truth of the Gospel.

My friends believing the truth of God’s word will soon make us outcasts to the majority of people. They will consider us delusional and foolish. Do not allow this to affect us. We have chosen to trust in God and let us pray for the courage to endure to God calls us Home. As Apostle Paul said, keep our eyes on the finish line and the prize of Heaven that awaits us.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 2, 2022

Happy Saturday,

When A Sermon is Preached Not Everyone

Reacts the Same

The disciples were astonished, while those who followed were afraid.
Mark 10:32

The congregation hears the same sermon, but all will not react the same. Some will hear God’s message and their hearts will soften and they will accept. Some will let the words go into one ear and out the other ear. Still, others will become angry because they are offended by the truth.

The Holy Spirit calls and convicts, but we must choose our own response. When convicted of our sin will we ask for forgiveness and turn away from our sins? Will we make excuses for our sins? Even worse will we harden our hearts towards the warning from the Holy Spirit.

We can harden our hearts to the point that the Holy Spirit will cease to speak to us. This is very bad for those who choose sin over salvation. We choose our reaction. Unknowingly, many our choosing eternity in hell over Heaven. Jesus died to save us from sin, not to make us comfortable living in sin.

Let us be like David and ask God to search our hearts for hidden sin and convict us so we can repent and turn away from sin. We should want to live sinless lives and when do sin, ask for forgiveness as soon as we are aware of sin in our lives and turn away from sin. We are playing a dangerous game when we grow content sinning.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 3, 2022

Blessed Sunday,

Take Your Anxiety To God

Psalm 94:19

New International Version

19 When anxiety was great within me,
your consolation brought me joy.

We all have times of anxiety and stress. This does not mean we have lost our faith in God. We live in a stressful time. We deal with job and family issues. Many of us have health issues. Some of us are still dealing with a loss of a loved one.

God is not unaware of our circumstances. He calls us to bring our concerns to Him. It is in Him that we will find comfort and rest. When we lay our problems at Jesus' feet and trust in Him, He will guide us and bring the solutions that we need to carry on. We can walk away with joy in our hearts for we know for certain, that God will always be with us and He will sustain us and give us the victory.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 4, 2022

Happy Monday,

70 Years

Today I am 70 years old. If my teenage self could see me now, she would be shocked. Life has a way of changing us, some good and some bad. Yet God has been with me all the way. I am thankful that I got saved at the age of 7. Between my fear of mama and God, I stayed out of trouble.

No matter our age we can be thankful that God was with us and guided us. Yes, there were storms, but God was with us through them. God uses storms to sand away the rough spots and the fire to make us shine for His glory.

May God help us to live in a way that is pleasing to Him. Let us make pleasing God be our foremost goal in life. Through it all, we can live in victory when we put complete trust in God.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 6, 2022

Happy Wednesday,

When We Grow Old

“Promise #96:

I will protect and carry you all the days of your life.

Isaiah 46:4 (WEB)

and even to old age I am he, and even to gray hairs will I carry you.

I have made, and I will bear; yes, I will carry, and will deliver.”

When we grow old, there is a tendency to feel like we have been put out to pasture, that we are no longer worth anything. God tells us that even when we become elderly, He will be with us.

What a joy to know that even in our older days, we are still valuable to God. His love for us does not wane and if we are willing, we can be still useful to the Kingdom of God. God is with us at the beginning and He will be with us when we take our final breath. Let us be just as devoted to God as He is to us.

Betty

Willy

Pro Poster
April 6, 2022

Happy Wednesday,

When We Grow Old

“Promise #96:

I will protect and carry you all the days of your life.

Isaiah 46:4 (WEB)

and even to old age I am he, and even to gray hairs will I carry you.

I have made, and I will bear; yes, I will carry, and will deliver.”

When we grow old, there is a tendency to feel like we have been put out to pasture, that we are no longer worth anything. God tells us that even when we become elderly, He will be with us.

What a joy to know that even in our older days, we are still valuable to God. His love for us does not wane and if we are willing, we can be still useful to the Kingdom of God. God is with us at the beginning and He will be with us when we take our final breath. Let us be just as devoted to God as He is to us.

Betty

I hear you … getting older myself, … but wait a minute ….

“To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord”

It's our body that gets old, that will take it's last breath, … we are barely out of diapers in terms of eternity. God is teaching us, correcting us as any good parent would and is with us moment to moment …

All of heaven and earth is ours through inheritance to live in and explore in fellowship with God, throughout the ages to come …

Our bodies are like our cars, the older they get, they can break down with just normal wear and tear, … they end up spending more and more time in the shop, … at one point you need to get a new one or have the original rebuilt and updated, … that's what God will do with our bodies …

We walk after the spirit not the flesh …

Our citizenship is in heaven ...

:sickbears1:

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 7, 2022

Happy Thursday,

We Are Chosen By God

“Promise #97:

I have chosen you to be like My Son so you could be part of My family.

Romans 8:29 (WEB)

For whom he foreknew, he also predestined

to be conformed to the image of his Son,

that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.”

Tomorrow I will be having major surgery. I have no fear, for God will be with me. I do not know what the Doctor will find, but God knows. We do not have to fear the unknown for God knows all. We can take rest upon His promises and find comfort in His love.

Do not fear the things going on in the world, for God is in control. One of my favorite sayings is: “Everything is not falling apart but falling into place!”.

The world is pushing for digital currency. The world elite wants to control everyone. Do not allow this to make you fear, for this means we are getting closer to leaving this earth for Heaven.

Jesus gave up His earthly life and suffered great pain and humiliation so that we could become a part of His family. Let us not take this great gift of salvation for granted. The price of our salvation was high but God sent His Son to earth to pay the price for us.

There is no sin that is worth missing Heaven. This is the time to lay down our sins at Jesus' feet and turn away from sin and seek to live in righteousness. The reward for living in righteousness will be worth any loss.

Maranatha,

Betty

P.S.

Philippians 1:21

New King James Version

21 For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

I seek to live in the will of God.