• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Thoughts from an old lady

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 26, 2023

Blessed Sunday,

“This Is The Day That The Lord Has Made”

Yesterday, the family got together at a nice restaurant overlooking the airport. I enjoyed being with my family. Last night though I was overcome with anxiety and went back to questioning God as to why he took our son away from us. I struggled for hours with this. Finally, in exhaustion, I surrendered again to God’s Will and prayed for sleep. Unfortunately, I went to sleep so late that I missed Church.

The good news is I woke up with peace this morning with the song “This Is the day that the Lord has made and I feel joy in my heart, Praise The Lord!

I do not believe we ever heal completely from the loss of a close family member. There will be times when we will fall down, but God will pick us up.

The question is not whether we will suffer setbacks but whether will we choose to stay on the floor and wallow in self-pity forever. We have to cry out to God and once again surrender to God’s will.

I am sure that having dementia adds to the issue but I must choose to trust God in all circumstances. At one point I did question why God took my son and allowed me to have dementia at the same time. God chose not to answer either of my questions. My job is to accept God’s Will in spite of not knowing why.

Betty

May God comfort us all who suffer and bring us peace and joy!

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 27, 2023

Happy Monday,

Suffering People

James 5:13-16

New King James Version

Meeting Specific Needs

13 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. 16 [a]Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

Many people in this world are suffering. Just in America over the weekend, we had flooding, fires, and, shootings. All over the world, there are people suffering.

As Christians not only should we be praying for those we know but for all suffering people. We can get caught up in our own suffering and not see the suffering of others. May God open our eyes to see others who have needs and may we pray sincerely for them.

Until the rapture may we be busy doing the work of God. Today I am sick but that does not prevent me from praying for others. May God give us compassion for others.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 28, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

Rejoice In The Lord

Philippians 4:4-8

New King James Version

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!

5 Let your [a]gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.

6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Meditate on These Things

8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things arelovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

We all suffer stress at times. Sometimes we wake up in a good mood only to have our mate who is stressed pass that stress on to us. Likewise, we can pass our stress on to them sometimes.

What can we do? Take our stress to God. Seek His help. Yelling at the one who caused our stress only rises our stress levels. In God, we find peace and comfort. God knows more than anyone the burdens we bear. In His great love for us, He sees us and He seeks to help us, if we will just ask.

Too often we wallow in our helplessness and forget to call out to God. We do not need someone to feel sorry for us, we need God to comfort us. He only can change our stress to peace.

Let us take the time in stressful times to stop and seek the face of God. Pray for ourselves and others.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 29, 2023

Happy Wednesday,

“Obedience Learned Through Suffering”

Hebrews 5:8

New King James Version

8 though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered.

This Scripture is talking about Christ. Though He was the Son of God, He learned obedience to His Father by suffering. None of us like to suffer. When I came back to bed this morning I was in a great deal of pain and still am. The truth is I do not like it.

Yet, pain provides a service. We learn to trust God through pain. Whether it is physical, mental, or emotional pain, pain teaches us to trust God when going through the fire.

In the midst of pain, our first desire is to get out of it. Instead, we often need to surrender to God’s Will. I am beginning to breathe easier. The pain is more bearable. Why? I stopped fighting against the pain and surrendered to God. We often sing ‘I surrender all!’, yet we fight against surrendering with all our might.

When we surrender to God’s Will, we let go of the struggle and give in to the Will of God. The pain is not gone but yet I am more intuned with God and I can feel His presence in the midst of my circumstances.

May God help us to say:”Have Thy Own Way, Lord! In all my circumstances”.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 30, 2023

Happy Thursday,

“Wait In Hope For The Lord”

Daily Prayer for March 30
CHRISTOPH FRIEDRICH BLUMHARDT
“We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you. Psalm 33:20–22, NIV
Lord God, we thank you for having revealed yourself on this earth in the midst of sin, need, and oppression. We thank you that we can have joy in all you have done both before and since the coming of Jesus Christ, our Savior in everything. To you be praise and thanks. Our hearts leap up with joy in you and in your deeds. Grant that we may be faithful to the end, victorious in all things through your Spirit, who helps and blesses us on our way. Grant your help to all who call to you and who long to rejoice in you. “Amen

As we watch the things falling into place for the tribulation, it is easy to become discouraged because the rapture has not happened. We are to wait for Jesus with hopeful hearts. Redeeming the time as we wait.

Trusting in God every day as we wait for our blessed hope. For surely as the world is turning so is the assurance we have that Jesus is coming. The rapture is not a pipe dream. The rapture is a divine promise from our Heavenly Father.

God’s Holy Word is true and we can be secure knowing that His promises will be fulfilled. The devil has more and more people convinced the rapture will not happen before the tribulation. This is a lie from the devil he is using to divide the Church.

Stand strong in your faith, and serve the Lord with a willing heart. Have a heart of compassion for lost souls by praying for them daily. Keep looking up for Jesus is coming for us soon.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 31, 2023

Happy Friday,

“I Am A Merciful God”

“Promise #90:

I will not forget My promises because I am a merciful God.

Deuteronomy 4:31 (WEB)

for Yahweh your God is a merciful God; he will not fail you, neither destroy you, nor forget the covenant of your fathers which he swore to them.’

There are some people who think that God will no longer keep His promises to Israel. This is a lie, and so is the replacement theory. The Church has not replaced Israel. One day Jesus will rule the world from New Jerusalem in Israel.

God will also keep His promises to mankind. Those who have turned from their sins and have accepted salvation through Jesus will walk on streets of gold. Those that chose sin over salvation will never step into the gates of Heaven.

Does this sound harsh? Jesus died to provide redemption for our sins. We cannot enter Heaven if we reject salvation. The reality we decide whether we want an eternity in Heaven or hell.

When sin becomes more important to us than salvation, we ourselves have chosen to go to hell. So sad, to choose a short time of sin for an eternity in hell. There is no sin worth going to hell for.

It is not too late to turn from our sinful lives and seek redemption through Christ. Accept salvation while there is still time. The Age of Grace is quickly coming to an end.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 1, 2023

Happy April Fool’s Day,

What did God Say About A Fool?

Psalm 14:1

King James Version

14 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

People choose to believe that there is no God because they believe that will save them from them from the consequences of their sins. Their beliefs do not take away from the existence of God.

Choosing to believe the lies of the devil does not change reality. Living in sin and pretending everything will work out, in the end, will not change the reality of those who choose sin over salvation.

We must choose for ourselves who we will serve: God or our own selfish desires. Remembering the choice we make today will determine our eternity.

Let us not be foolish and choose to live in righteousness and truth. For the sake of today and the sake of our eternity.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 3, 2023
Happy Monday,

“I Am A Gracious God”

“Promise #93:
I am a gracious God who is righteous and full of mercy.

Psalm 116:5 (WEB)
Yahweh is Gracious and righteous.
Yes, our God is merciful.”

I was awake until 7 this morning. I did not sleep very good Saturday night either. When we cannot sleep it is easy to become discouraged or even feel neglected by God. Our circumstances do not change God ‘s love and mercy for us.

It is so easy to find ourselves listening to the devil lies. He and his demons like to hit us when we are exhausted and throw discouragement into our minds. This is when we began to praise our Heavenly Father, reminding ourselves of God’s great love for us.

His love for us is great! His mercy will last throughout eternity. There are a lot of discouraged Christians. Let us not neglect to pray for one another.
Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 4, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

I turned 71 today. God has been good to me all my life. I have had many losses and suffered major health issues but God has never forsaken me.

My sister and her family and my daughter-in-law surprised me with a Birthday party at a Mexican restaurant. I am so blessed that God gave me a great family.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 5, 2023

Happy Wednesday,

The world is rapidly heading for a time of judgment by God. It is sad that even some Christians are blind to the times we are in. We can warn but we cannot change the hearts of others.

There is so much that goes on in the entertainment industry that blasphemes our Heavenly Father and Jesus. It breaks my heart. Sometimes I even apologize to God that has to see and hear that garbage.

Yet, I know God is for above all that.

We need to stay firm in our commitment to God and not roll with the tide around us. Continue to worship God and live in righteousness as we wait for the day we will leave this world for Heaven.

Let not our hearts be troubled for God is always with us. The Holy Spirit comforts and encourages us each day. We are not alone. We need not live in fear but have complete trust in God.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 6, 2023

Happy Thursday,

“I Will Protect and Carry You”

“Promise #96:

I will protect and carry you all the days of your life.

Isaiah 46:4 (WEB)

and even to old age I am he, and even to gray hairs will I carry you.

I have made, and I will bear; yes, I will carry, and will deliver.”

I went to two stores today and came home exhausted. Age does make a difference. It is so comforting to know that God does not abandon us when we are no longer able to work for Him as we did in our younger days.

When we serve God with all our hearts, we please Him. May God fill our hearts with overwhelming love for our Heavenly Father. May we worship Him daily with all of our hearts.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 7, 2023

Good Friday,

Good Friday,

As Christians, we see this day as anything but good. We see Jesus suffer horribly and then be crucified. The devil saw the day as a victory for himself. Yet death rose up to a victory for God.

Jesus took back the keys of death and hell. Soon Jesus will take back ownership of the earth and throw satan into hell for eternity. Things may look bad now, my friends but eternal victory is coming soon. Jesus is coming for His Church soon. We will be with God and the devil will never be able to touch us, again. Praise the Lord!

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 8, 2023

Saturday,

The Day After The Crucifixion

The Saturday, after the crucifixion, was anything but happy. All the promises that Jesus made concerning Heaven, now seemed like a pipe dream. Redemption just a promise blown away in the wind.

BUT, Sunday morning Jesus rose again. Jesus had won the victory over death. There was now hope for mankind. Salvation was not just a pipe dream but a precious reality. Glory to God in the Highest!

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 10, 2023

Happy Monday,

The celebration of Easter has come and gone. Let us not forget that Jesus is not in a grave but on His Throne in Heaven. He has won the victory over death and has the keys to hades in His possession. We no longer have to fear death. Death is just a passage from life on this earth to our eternity.

We choose where we will spend our eternity. Do we humble ourselves before God now, asking forgiveness for our sins or do we find ourselves at God’s feet at the White Throne of Judgement when the time of grace and forgiveness has passed?

The Age of Grace is slipping away like grains of sand in an hourglass. One day it will be too late. Will we wait too long to come to God?

Betty

Revelation 20:11-14

New King James Version

The Great White Throne Judgment

11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before [a]God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 11, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

God‘s Word Will Stand Forever

8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 40:8 KJV

Evil will one day come to an end. The devil, his demons, the anti-Christ, the false prophet, and all those who rejected salvation will spend eternity in a lake of hell. God’s Holy Word will never end.

We will one day spend eternity on a new earth and a new Heaven that will never be subjected to evil. We do not have the ability to imagine living in a healthy perfect world that is a larger size Garden of Eden.

Many of us are suffering now. We see evil abounding. This evil will continue to grow, but judgment is coming. God will defeat evil. Let us not become discouraged. Victory is coming. Heavenly peace is coming. Keep our eyes on Jesus and remind ourselves that victory is coming.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 12, 2022

Happy Wednesday,

This World Is Not My Home

Daily Prayer for April 12
“But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body. Philippians 3:20-21, NIV
Lord our God, draw us to yourself. Draw us into the quiet that you give, where something can happen to us and to our hearts. Help us to discern your kingdom surrounding us and in our spirits to live in this kingdom. Then our life will be as if in heaven, where we need not worry or torment ourselves, where your power is everything to us, penetrating our earthly life, which so often weighs us down. We thank you that you have made a way of strength, full of power to hold us firmly, so that even when we stumble, we cannot be turned from the goal. We thank you for all the good that comes from you, which we cannot see in earthly things but which can invade our hearts with such mighty and uplifting power. Amen.

I feel less and less comfortable in this world. Are you feeling the same? I believe there is a reason we are feeling this way. God is helping us loosen our grip on the things of this world, because the rapture is happening soon. He is preparing our hearts so that we can let go of everything when the trumpet blows.

There is nothing or no one worth going to hell for. We were made for Heaven. As we grow closer to God our hearts are becoming more Heavenly-minded and that is a good thing. Let us keep our focus on our Heavenly Father. Let us seek to live in righteousness. We will make mistakes. When we do ask for forgiveness and pray for God to help us live in a way that will please Him.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 14, 2023

Happy Friday,

The Grace Of God

“For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.”

Titus 2:11-14

God’s amazing grace not only saves us from hell, but helps us live in righteousness. It is His grace that picks us up when we fall down. It is His grace that helps us continue to walk with God, when we are so close to giving up. None of us have arrived at perfection. We all grow tired and weary.

Though we are often beaten emotionally, we are not defeated. We are so close to the rapture. This is why the devil is fighting against so hard. I do not know the burdens that you carry, but God does. Instead of becoming angry, ask God to strengthen you. Seek His help when defeat is knocking at your door. In the midst of the storm worship God in prayer and songs. Encourage others when you are struggling and the Holy Spirit will encourage you.

Betty

Philippians 4:4-9

Open menu

New King James Version

Open menu

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!

5 Let your [a]gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.

6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Meditate on These Things

8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things arenoble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. 9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 15, 2023

Happy Saturday,

Overwhelmed

2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

Isaiah 43:2

I woke up today with one of those dementia headaches. The pain is almost unbearable. It is so easy to feel abandoned by God, when you are in great pain. Yet if we call out to God He will wrap His arms around us and comfort us.

We can trust God even when relief seems far away. We can stand in our faith when we feel abandoned by God. Call out to God and praise Him in all circumstances. Seek His face and talk to God about our issues.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 17, 2023

Happy Monday,

Titus 2:11-15

New King James Version

Trained By The Holy Spirit

Trained by Saving Grace

11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, 12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, 13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.

15 Speak these things, exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no one despise you.

The Holy Spirit convicts us of our sins and shows us our need for redemption through the blood of Christ. The Holy Spirit will also train us on how to be responsible children of God if we ask Him to do so. If we pray to God and ask Him to have the Holy Spirit guide us on how to live in a way that is pleasing to God, He will do so.

We cannot be double-minded. We must want to live for God every day. When we live one way at work and one way at Church we are being double-minded. The Bible makes it clear that we cannot serve two Masters. We must choose ourselves or God. We are choosing one or the other, whether we realize it or not.

Pray that the Holy Spirit will help us be consistent in our walk with God and our faith in God.

Amen

Betty52

Advanced Poster
April 18, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

Weary Children of God

Daily Prayer for April 18
“I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. Revelation 3:8, NIV
Dear Father in heaven, we thank you that you know us all and that you look deep into our hearts, watching over us in everything we go through, whether easy or difficult. We thank you that we do not stand alone but that you hear the smallest sigh of each of your children. We thank you that darkness must give way to light, distress to joy, and fear to strength and courage. For you lead us through everything; it is what you bring about from your future world, not anything within our sight, that gives us strength and courage and that endures through everything. We thank you from our hearts for your unending gifts, and we are amazed that it was possible for us to receive all this from you. Protect us and keep us childlike, so that we remain in the fellowship that the Lord Jesus has given us, singing praise to him and to the glory and honor of your name. “Amen

My friends, I have become tired and weary. Have you as well? During these days it is so easy to feel that way. Evil is abounding faster than ever. Even sadly some Christians are being persuaded to go along with the world on sinful things.

What we are feeling is normal. Our soul is being rightfully stirred up by the evil around us. This means we need to talk to God more. God knows our suffering and He will hold us up when we cannot stand on our own. He will encourage us when we feel defeated.

Pray for God to comfort and strengthen all Christians, to be strong in our faith no matter what the world proclaims. May He help us to continue working until the trumpet sounds!

Betty