• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

The best time to pray

Jennifer Rogers

One of the greatest gifts God has blessed us with is the ability to come before Him and seek His intervention on our behalf through prayer. Through prayer, we are invited to participate in His presence, humbly acknowledge our need for Him, and joyfully acknowledge our reliance on Him.

Believers call the time set aside to talk with God every day be quiet time. This is the basic spiritual activity of our relationship with God, taking us from ritual to reciprocal relationship. We talk to God and He speaks to us through His word privately. Although the Bible does not explicitly state what the best time to pray is or to what extent we should do it. However, the Bible records the habits of many righteous people. Jesus and lion canvas
Setting a time and place to be with the Lord is a must to have a quiet time. While prayer is a beautiful gift, many people admit that they don't often incorporate prayer into their daily routine. We are busy sometimes. Sometimes we get distracted. Other times, we may feel there are more pressing needs in our lives than prayer.
Prayers are something that God wants us to practice. He wants us to access His power, wisdom, and guidance as we face our daily schedule's stresses, struggles, and surprises. But when should we pray? What is the best time to pray? Consider what James says in chapter 5 of his letter…
We can pray at the time we go to bed, or when we wake up early in the morning. Many people want to start their day by listening and talking to God. This passage shows the Lord praying early in the morning (Mark 1:35). But there is also the matter with God. The passage shows the Lord praying in the afternoon and night (Luke 6:12). The Lord meditated in different places: “going into a lonely place to pray” (Mark 1:35b). “He went up to the mountain to pray privately, and in the evening he was there alone” (Matthew 14:23). We need to choose a suitable, fixed place so that the quiet time is suitable for us so that we won't be disturbed by anyone or anything.
After choosing a time and place for your quiet time, you need to commit to respecting this time. Commit to honoring your alone time with God, or you won't make it more than a week.
Use different meditation methods. If your personal quiet time becomes dry, perfunctory, or boring, first examine your heart with God, and then review your method. You may need to change routines. Volunteering is a time of intimacy between you and God. Find ways to keep the relationship alive, and your quiet time won't be boring.
Pray with anticipation, read the Bible with anticipation. Don't let your devotion become a formality. Pray before reading the Bible asking God to reveal something to you through His word. Meditate on what you read, think about the meaning of God's Word to your situation, and write down ideas and things you want to apply in a notebook.
Share your feelings with God. Remember that when we meditate we are coming before the One who knows us more than we know ourselves. If you feel hurt, sad, say something to God. If you are happy, in doubt, or afraid, share it with God. He wants to be your true friend.
How is your devotional time - sweet, loving, or daily routine? What effect does your quiet time have on those who live near you?
Lord, I have set a time and place to meet You daily. Please help me keep this commitment. make this hour alive, joyful, and blessed for you.

TheWordIsOne

Getting Started
One of the greatest gifts God has blessed us with is the ability to come before Him and seek His intervention on our behalf through prayer. Through prayer, we are invited to participate in His presence, humbly acknowledge our need for Him, and joyfully acknowledge our reliance on Him.

Believers call the time set aside to talk with God every day be quiet time. This is the basic spiritual activity of our relationship with God, taking us from ritual to reciprocal relationship. We talk to God and He speaks to us through His word privately. Although the Bible does not explicitly state what the best time to pray is or to what extent we should do it. However, the Bible records the habits of many righteous people. Jesus and lion canvas
Setting a time and place to be with the Lord is a must to have a quiet time. While prayer is a beautiful gift, many people admit that they don't often incorporate prayer into their daily routine. We are busy sometimes. Sometimes we get distracted. Other times, we may feel there are more pressing needs in our lives than prayer.
Prayers are something that God wants us to practice. He wants us to access His power, wisdom, and guidance as we face our daily schedule's stresses, struggles, and surprises. But when should we pray? What is the best time to pray? Consider what James says in chapter 5 of his letter…
We can pray at the time we go to bed, or when we wake up early in the morning. Many people want to start their day by listening and talking to God. This passage shows the Lord praying early in the morning (Mark 1:35). But there is also the matter with God. The passage shows the Lord praying in the afternoon and night (Luke 6:12). The Lord meditated in different places: “going into a lonely place to pray” (Mark 1:35b). “He went up to the mountain to pray privately, and in the evening he was there alone” (Matthew 14:23). We need to choose a suitable, fixed place so that the quiet time is suitable for us so that we won't be disturbed by anyone or anything.
After choosing a time and place for your quiet time, you need to commit to respecting this time. Commit to honoring your alone time with God, or you won't make it more than a week.
Use different meditation methods. If your personal quiet time becomes dry, perfunctory, or boring, first examine your heart with God, and then review your method. You may need to change routines. Volunteering is a time of intimacy between you and God. Find ways to keep the relationship alive, and your quiet time won't be boring.
Pray with anticipation, read the Bible with anticipation. Don't let your devotion become a formality. Pray before reading the Bible asking God to reveal something to you through His word. Meditate on what you read, think about the meaning of God's Word to your situation, and write down ideas and things you want to apply in a notebook.
Share your feelings with God. Remember that when we meditate we are coming before the One who knows us more than we know ourselves. If you feel hurt, sad, say something to God. If you are happy, in doubt, or afraid, share it with God. He wants to be your true friend.
How is your devotional time - sweet, loving, or daily routine? What effect does your quiet time have on those who live near you?
Lord, I have set a time and place to meet You daily. Please help me keep this commitment. make this hour alive, joyful, and blessed for you.
How to Pray in the Holy Spirit
In what Position Do I Pray?

1# Setting is one way, we read in 1 Chronicles 17:15-17 According to all these words and according to all this vision, so Nathan spoke to David.
Then King David went in and sat before the LORD; and he said: "Who am I, O LORD God? And what is my house, that You have brought me this far?
And yet this was a small thing in Your sight, O God; and You have also spoken of Your servant's house for a great while to come, and have regarded me according to the rank of a man of high degree, O LORD God. 2 Samuel 7:18 Then King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he prays: Exodus 17:12

2# Bowing Down

Exodus 34:8
So Moses made haste and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshiped.

Exodus 4:31 So the people believed; and when they heard that the LORD had visited the children of Israel and that He had looked on their affliction, then they bowed their heads and worshiped.

Genesis 24:26 Then the man bowed down his head and worshiped the LORD.

Praying with your hands

Nehemiah 8:6
And Ezra blessed the LORD, the great God. Then all the people answered, "Amen, Amen!" while lifting up their hands. And they bowed their heads and worshiped the LORD with their faces to the ground.

Psalm 72:11 Yes, all kings shall fall down before Him; All nations shall serve Him.

3# Kneeling

1 Kings 8:54
And so it was, when Solomon had finished praying all this prayer and supplication to the LORD, that he arose from before the altar of the LORD, from kneeling on his knees with his hands spread up to heaven.

Ezra 9:5
At the evening sacrifice I arose from my fasting; and having torn my garment and my robe, I fell on my knees and spread out my hands to the LORD my God.

4# Standing

Mark 11:25
"And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses.

Nehemiah 9:5
And the Levites, Jeshua, Kadmiel, Bani, Hashabniah, Sherebiah, Hodijah, Shebaniah, and Pethahiah, said: "Stand up and bless the LORD………………………………………………………

Luke 18:13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me a sinner!'

5# Walking

2 Kings 4:35
He returned and walked back and forth in the house, and again went up and stretched himself out on him; then the child sneezed seven times, and the child opened his eyes.

6# Laying the Hands

2 Kings 4:34
And he went up and lay on the child, and put his mouth on his mouth, his eyes on his eyes, and his hands on his hands; and he stretched himself out on the child, and the flesh of the child became warm.

1 Kings 17:21 And he stretched himself out on the child three times, and cried out to the LORD and said, "O LORD my God, I pray, let this child's soul come back to him."

7# Prostrate

Joshua 7:6 Then Joshua tore his clothes, and fell to the earth on his face before the ark of the LORD until evening, he and the elders of Israel; and they put dust on their heads.

Numbers 14:5 Then Moses and Aaron fell on their faces before all the assembly of the congregation of the children of Israel.

Matthew 26:39 He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, "O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will."

Hebrews 5:7 who, in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death and was heard because of His godly fear,

Mark 14:34-36 Then He said to them, "My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even to death. Stay here and watch."
He went a little farther, fell on the ground, and prayed that if it were possible, the hour might pass from Him.
And He said, "Abba, Father, all things are possible for You. Take this cup away from Me; nevertheless, not what I will, but what You will."

8# Uplifting the Hands

2 Chronicles 6:12-13
Then Solomon stood before the altar of the LORD in the presence of all the assembly of Israel, and spread out his hands
(for Solomon had made a bronze platform five cubits long, five cubits wide, and three cubits high, and had set it in the midst of the court; and he stood on it, knelt down on his knees before all the assembly of Israel, and spread out his hands toward heaven);

1 King 8:54 And so it was, when Solomon had finished praying all this prayer and supplication to the LORD, that he arose from before the altar of the LORD, from kneeling on his knees with his hands spread up to heaven.

Psalm 63:3-4
Because Your loving-kindness is better than life, My lips shall praise You.
Thus I will bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name.

Psalm 28:2 Hear the voice of my supplications When I cry to You, When I lift up my hands toward Your holy sanctuary.

9# Attitude in which One Pray

Psalm 143:6 I spread out my hands to You
; My soul longs for You like a thirsty land. Selah

Lamentations 3:40-41 Let us search out and examine our ways
, And turn back to the LORD;
Let us lift our hearts and hands To God in heaven.

1 Timothy 2:8 I desire therefore that the men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.

10# The Most Important, is your Hands!

Note: The Hands is the work of each work a person does in their life. The Lord Judge the works of your hand, Justify everything you’re have done, but also it shows the innocence of your hands as well blamelessness, and pure, next to your hands is your heart, just the same as your hands, and heart, also your feet in how you walk in life.