• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rom 16:9-10

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 16:9-10King James Version (KJV)
9 Salute Urbane, our helper in Christ, and Stachys my beloved.
10 Salute Apelles approved in Christ. Salute them which are of Aristobulus' household.

Romans 16:9-10Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

9 Greetings to Urbanus, our fellow worker for the Messiah, and to my dear friend Stachys.
10 Greetings to Appeles, whose trust in the Messiah has been tested and proved.
Greet those in the household of Aristobulus.

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

9 Urbanus was a common slave name of the day; he is called our helper which meant that he may very well have helped some of those from the church of Rome and most likely helped Paul during his time in Rome. Stachys was a name that may connect him with the Roman Empire itself but Paul considers him to be one he loves, this showed that he had a special bound with him perhaps as he did with Timothy.

10 Apelles was the name of a Gnostic but this most likely would have been someone else because this man was approved in Christ which meant that he would have followed the Truth and not lies taught by the Gnostics. He was one that would keep the faith. Aristobulus was said to be one of the seventy disciples and was said to be one that went with Andrew and perhaps was the brother of Barnabas and because Paul addresses his house he may have been killed for the faith.