• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rom 16:7-8

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 16:7-8King James Version (KJV)
7 Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellow-prisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.
8 Greet Amplias my beloved in the Lord.
Romans 16:7-8Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
7 Greetings to Andronicus and Junia, relatives of mine who were in prison with me. They are well known among the emissaries; also they came to trust in the Messiah before I did.
8 Greetings to Ampliatus, my dear friend in the Lord.
Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

7 Andronicus and Junias were men who were also arrested for their faith as Paul was they both were Greek as was Paul. The came to faith before Paul which may mean that they were Jewish Greeks. They may have been a couple Junias may have been a woman but this is just what some say. They were thought of by the apostles because of them being captive which shows that they had influence before long before Paul. The Apostles kept them in their prayers I am sure as they did others as well. Some traditions have Andronicus as one of the seventy disciples.

8 Amplias tradition says he was also one of the seventy disciples and that he worked with the apostle Andrew and he was killed for his faith as a martyr. Paul was close to Amplias.