• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rom 16:21-23

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 16:21-23 King James Version (KJV)
21 Timotheus my workfellow, and Lucius, and Jason, and Sosipater, my kinsmen, salute you.
22 I Tertius, who wrote this epistle, salute you in the Lord.
23 Gaius mine host, and of the whole church, saluteth you. Erastus the chamberlain of the city saluteth you, and Quartus a brother.

Romans 16:21-23 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

21 Timothy, my fellow-worker, sends greetings to you; so do Lucius, Jason and Sosipater, my relatives.
22 I, Tertius, the one writing down this letter, greet you in the Lord.
23 My host Gaius, in whose home the whole congregation meets, greets you. Erastus the city treasurer and brother Quartus greet you.

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

21 Timothy a man Paul wrote two letters to a man he looks at like his own son. Luke the man who wrote both Acts and Luke, he was choosen to tell the story of Paul. Jason was attacked because of his relationship with Paul. Sosipater was one of the Berans who Paul respected because of their zeal for Christ.

22 Tertius was Paul’s scribe which he used because he had bad hand writing.

23 There were three men Paul met named Gaius but this most likely was the one from Corinth because this is likely where Paul was staying but he chose to stay there which meant he was found worthy by Paul, Jesus mentions when going to towns to share the gospel find someone worthy to stay in their home. They way Paul mentions the church also stayed in Gaius’ home at that time most churches were in homes because of persecution but people normally would have not lived in their home. Erastus was perhaps the man that funded them to live. Not much is known about Quartus other than him being a Christian that Paul chooses to mention.