• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rom 16:11-12

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 16:11-12King James Version (KJV)
11 Salute Herodion my kinsman. Greet them that be of the household of Narcissus, which are in the Lord.
12 Salute Tryphena and Tryphosa, who labour in the Lord. Salute the beloved Persis, which laboured much in the Lord.

Romans 16:11-12Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
11 Greet my relative, Herodion.
12 Greet Tryphaena and Tryphosa, women who are working hard for the Lord.
Greet my dear friend Persis, another woman who has done a lot of hard work for the Lord.
Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

11 Herodion was Paul kinsmen which meant he was Jewish born. Herodion had a connection to Herod. Again it mentions the household of which shows that Narcissus had died. Narcissus death most likely happened when Nero came to attack.

12 Tryphena and Tryphosa are listed together which means they were family always close by together, connected, one view is that they were twin sisters. Paul notes them for their hard work, would we be recognized for hard work for the Lord if and how will be remembered by others, I hope the memory I leave with people gives them encouragement to serve the Lord. Persis also is mentioned for hard work. Persis was a common name for a slave. We need to be hard working slaves for the Lord.