• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rom 16:1-2

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 16:1-2King James Version (KJV)
16 I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea:
2 That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also.

Romans 16:1-2Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
16 I am introducing to you our sister Phoebe, shammash of the congregation at Cenchrea, 2 so that you may welcome her in the Lord, as God’s people should, and give her whatever assistance she may need from you; for she has been a big help to many people — including myself.

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

1 Phoebe was a Christian woman that Paul gave this letter to. She was one of them that did whatever she could have to help aid in the efforts of the church and Christ. Cenchrea was a port near Corinth. She very well may have opened her home for believers to meet.

2 She was being sent by Paul to Rome, this shows women are used by God even in the New Testament just under the authority of a man, she was under Paul’s authority as she was going to Rome. We should always receive others as Christ would receive them. We should also help people as the Lord allows us, help them with what God has for them, we are never to aid someone in sin. She was referred by Paul as a helper of many, what a great honor but Christ wants us to do what we are called no matter how small it may seem He sees what we are doing.