• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rom 15:20-21

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 15:20-21
KJV 20 Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation: 21 But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand.
Romans 15:20-21Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
20 I have always made it my ambition to proclaim the Good News where the Messiah was not yet known, so that I would not be building on someone else’s foundation, 21 but rather, as the Tanakh puts it,“Those who have not been told about him will see,
and those who have not heard will understand.”
Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

20 For those who are called to preach there is a desire to do so, it is something that you constantly think about, something you want to do so you can help others by sharing the word as He has called you. Paul was to preach Christ to those who never heard for Christ. Those who have been called to preach to the believers would find this hard but those who are called to be missionaries to different places in this world would be more comfortable with this because this is where they were lead. Paul went where the Lord had lead him Things may be scary but they will be scarier in places the Lord has not lead but He will be with us to where He leads us. There are some who are called to go behind people who plant the seed of the gospel, to water the seed with the truth of the word but Paul was called to start from the start, in places that never heard about Christ.

21 There are still people today who have never heard the gospel although there area that they live ay have been given the gospel years earlier but rejected it. There is to types of missionaries those who are called to build upon the Faith in an area and those who are to start the Faith in a certain area, some are called to do a little of both.